Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Hey, Feargus' quarterfinal match starts soon.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-23-missing-usd10k-snes-game-package-found

$10k SNES game package lost in the post has been found

The recently-missing shipment of SNES games, valued at $10k, which was declared lost in the US postal system has - miraculously - been found.

jpg

Package received.

SNES game archiver and emulator maker Byuu had given up hope over ever recovering the package, sent to him by another collector, after the US Postal Servicer (USPS) reported it lost.

The package was part of an ongoing project to scan and archive every SNES game. With it lost, Byuu had regretfully declared the project dead.

Thankfully, the continued media attention given to the case caught the eye of a USPS worker who wanted to lend a hand.

Here's what happened next, in Byuu's own words:
  • "Both before and after February 14th, news sites had started to pick up this story. For which I am extremely grateful. It wasn't until the story really started to take off that on February 16th, finally a manager at the USPS Consumer Affairs department took note of the case. And I mean that literally: he told me straight up the reason he was contacting me was because of the news articles he had encountered on this case. So thanks to the coverage, I finally had a strong contact within the USPS who passed me to his employee who then proceeded to open an investigation and help search for the package.
  • On February 21st, I received an e-mail on the missing mail search I had submitted on January 30th, informing me that my package had been located! Excited, I contacted my CA rep... who then proceeded to tell me that the search had failed, and that the e-mail notification was errant. However, she promised to request all possible locations the package could have ended up at to do one last search.
  • The CA rep called me late in the day advising that someone in the Atlanta, GA mail recovery centre had just now located my package! Thankfully, the photographs I took of the packages before sending back the first batch of 100 games proved useful with exact appearance, dimensions, weight, etc being available for the search team. Still, given all the constant ups and downs, I wanted to wait until the package was in hand before giving anyone any false hope.
  • Finally, today, February 23rd, the ordeal is finally over! The package arrived safely, with all games intact.
jpg

jpg

$10k of SNES games.

Byuu has previously opened donations via Paypal to help replace the games lost - all of this money has now been returned, he has said.

After all that happened, the package was recovered at probably the last possible moment - it had made its way to the Atlanta recovery centre which is where lost mail goes to be placed up for public auction.

Understandably, Byuu has said he will be more cautious with shipping games in the future - only using smaller shipments, or buying individual games to scan and archive then selling them on to get some money back.

"But... yes," Byuu concluded, "with these games recovered, I'll declare the preservation project undead! ^_^"

Max Stats

Liturgist
Byuu may be a sperg, but he's doing important work.

Redumping already dumped games because they didn't meet his exacting standards sound more like a sperg doing sperg work. Especially PAL games. But hey, if that's what he wants to do, fine, better that than complaining about diversity in modern games or whatever other shit he could be wasting time on.

Byuu may be a sperg, but he's doing important work.

Redumping already dumped games because they didn't meet his exacting standards sound more like a sperg doing sperg work. Especially PAL games. But hey, if that's what he wants to do, fine, better that than complaining about diversity in modern games or whatever other shit he could be wasting time on.

He's already discovered previous dumps that had corrupt sprites and shit that were fixed when he redumped them properly. Not having that is an OK standard.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
You'll have to agree that by using Zelda as the baseline in this comic, almost all of the other games mentioned are hardcore by comparison.

Yes, there are more hardcore RPGs out there than all of these combined. But honestly, how many of them allow you to harass chickens, and how many of them punish you for doing so? Not enough of them, sadly.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Just goes to show how hard it is to tell all these "generic action dude" PCs apart. The scar should give it away, but it really doesn't.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom