Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
I had to use google to understand your post. Reddit is a website, Ruiner is a game (Available on steam), Berserk is a manga/anime, Susumi is a Japanese composer who made music for the Berserk anime. Hai yai forces is some kind of meme? I'm still fucking lost.

5ee.png

PD: Ruiner looks very interesting. A kind of a Hotline miami with a cyberpunk ambiance. Think I will play it's "demo" soon.

kintake

Savant
Oh, I've only read the manga. Read it in 2007 and it ended with them about to board a boat, resumed in 2012 and they were now on the boat. Read again last year and they were now off the boat.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/09/30/runescapes-tournament-disaster/

RuneScape’s PvP tournament went badly wrong

runefest-620x300.jpg

RuneScape [official site] remains one of the most enduringly popular MMORPGs around, but the finals of its most recent PvP tournament ended with the winner and several others disqualified, accusations of staff favouritism, allegations of targeted DDoS attacks, and a $20,000 prize pot with nobody to go to.

In short, it all went a bit Wacky Races.

In a recent statement, developers Jagex outlined the issues faced in the final of their latest 2,000-player Deadman tournament. One group of fighters was accused of working as team despite repeated warnings from moderators, and found themselves disqualified en-masse – a decision debated by the community amid allegations of favouritism by the organising staff. Many other players were also bumped off by massive lag. While some have alleged the lag was due to DDoS attacks, Jagex carefully avoid repeating any specific allegations and say they’re impossible to prove.

You can see some of these deaths-by-lag below:

After player ‘5PLUS50K12’, representing the Reign of Terror clan, finally emerged triumphant in the brawl, Jagex’s “standard” investigations discovered they had created a bot farm. The winner was disqualified.

The event itself was based on Old-School RuneScape, a popular (official) legacy variant of the game, with rules detailed here. On September 18th, the Deadman PvPcompetition servers were opened, and players fought, farmed and ganked their hearts out. The top 2,000 (the maximum player capacity of a RuneScape server) most successful were invited to take part in the finals on September 23rd, a one-hour grand melee with permadeath enabled.

At the moment, the fate of the $20,000 grand prize remains in limbo, with Jagex weighing up the options on whether to distribute it amongst the runners-up, donate the whole pot to charity, or to carry it forward and raise the stakes on the next tournament. While I feel the sensible option is just to split the pot amongst players, the latter option has the most potential for fascinating chaos at the next event.

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
I love when you die in dark souls from a long fall, and your character yells before you actually hit the floor
Well, yelling after you turned into pink mush would be weird. Sadly few games have good falling death's, you should burst like wet bread!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom