Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

sullynathan

Arcane
I love when you die in dark souls from a long fall, and your character yells before you actually hit the floor
Well, yelling after you turned into pink mush would be weird. Sadly few games have good falling death's, you should burst like wet bread!
it's more of the fact that your character isn't yelling while he's falling for a thousand feet until he actually hits the floor. It's like he's not scared until he sees the floor

lightbane

Arcane
Virtual reality, if only the past knew what kind of shit would they make with said premise...

it's more of the fact that your character isn't yelling while he's falling for a thousand feet until he actually hits the floor. It's like he's not scared until he sees the floor

Being eaten by a Mimic has the character yell a shout of mild discomfort and barely any struggle (unless you manage to survive the attack). Once you're an immortal undead, everything eventually gets stale.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
tumblr_owoskolis71wtefl1o1_400.png

tumblr_owpulpthiD1vzq0r6o1_1280.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Stupid drama: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...v-says-streamer-will-die-from-a-coke-overdose

Riot apologises after League of Legends dev says streamer will "die from a coke overdose"

A developer at League of Legends studio Riot appears to have left the company after controversial comments he made about a popular streamer blew up online.

Aaron Rutledge, known online as Riot Sanjuro, hit out at popular League streamer "Tyler1" in a series of Discord posts.

22-year-old Tyler1 is considered by some to be one of the most toxic League of Legends streamers around. He has a reputation for abusive in-game chat, trolling teammates and generally being as big of a nuisance as possible. Riot's banned him from League multiple times, and he's created alternative accounts in response.

Tyler1 now claims he's reformed, but Rutledge, however, seemed unconvinced in a series of posts on the League of Legends Discord.

Rutledge accused Tyler1 of making over $100,000 a year being a "dick" in a game he didn't make before insulting his body.

Code:
He looks like a damn homunculus.
Honestly... it's fine he'll die from a coke overdose or testicular cancer from all the steroids... then we'll be gucci.
After Discord users questioned Rutledge's comments, he tried to explain his outburst.
You know how much bullshit he's caused me? Personally?
I've spent many many hours of my work day dealing with his bullshit.
If games had terrorists.
I mean I get it, I get the comedy of his streams.
And his 'brand'.
But it's at the expense of a lot of other innocent people.
And that's not cool.
He's had over 20 accounts permabanned.
All content gone... all rank gone.
What kind of sociopath does that?
He only does it for the views and the % $.

jpg

A screenshot of one of the comments from Riot's Aaron Rutledge.

As you'd expect, the comments caused quite the stir on the League of Legends subreddit, with an imgur snapshot receiving just shy of 200,000 views.

Rutledge, who has now deleted his account on Reddit, took to the website to issue an apology.

"Reddit, League Players, Tyler - I displayed a gross error in judgement last night and whole-heartedly apologise for my comments. They were out of line, and not what any of you deserve to hear, especially from a Rioter. I'll be taking time away from Reddit, discord and in-game chat to reflect on how I communicate with players. Sorry again for the insults and the language."

Tyler1 responded in a couple of tweets.

"Riot Cactopus" issued a brief statement on Reddit: "To be very clear here: what was said is NOT okay, and we take it extremely seriously. I'd like to apologise on behalf of Riot to both Tyler1 and the community for this. We will be taking action internally to address this (although it would not be appropriate to go into specifics here)."

Then in a video update, Tyler1 briefly addressed the accusations, saying: "I do not do steroids. I have never taken any kind of drugs like that. I don't do cocaine. I do not drink alcohol. I do not drink soda. I don't do any of that. None of it. Never have. Never will. I haven't drunk a soda since eighth grade. I do not have cancer in my nutsack. And I never will, hopefully."

It looks like Riot has decided to part ways with Rutledge. According to his LinkedIn page, he is no longer at the company. We've asked Riot for comment.

The sorry saga highlights once again video game developers' sometimes difficult relationship with their players and fans. Last week Overwatch development chief Jeff Kaplan admittedspeaking to fans was "extremely intimidating".

Usually toxicity comes from players. In the case of Aaron Rutledge, it came from the developer - and it seems for the bosses at Riot, he crossed a line.

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
At first I read that as "cock overdose" which would have been a hilarious burn and also the kind of thing that might prompt an apology. But coke overdose? Who gives a shit? Literally zero people in the world were actually offended by that.

It's like a weird mexican standoff where Riot knows people are just pretending to be upset to troll them but they're apologizing because they want to seem consistent when they ban people for raging in a game that couldn't be more rage inducing if it tried.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The fate of Jason Anderson?

Probably not: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...-vr-push-it-really-is-the-future-of-computing

The Well marks Turtle Rock's first true VR game (as opposed to a VR experience) and it's an RPG with a unique quasi cel-shaded design driven by the vision of lead artist Justin Cherry.

Goldstein comments: "We basically approached him and said, 'Look, you can create any kind of world you want. What is that going to be?' So it's not a situation where you're going to be seeing something that's your traditional Tolkien-esque swords and sorcerers or the type of world that you're used to seeing where it's an environment of woodlands and elvin constructed buildings and things like that.

(Btw Justin Cherry was Art Director of NWN 2 and Dungeon Siege 3.)

According to the article they have 30-person VR team working on different VR projects, but large portion of the company is working on a new free-to-play co-op shooter published by Perfect World Entertainment.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
EU4 LARP party:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/10/05/grand-strategy-game-europa-universalis-iv-in-a-castle/

40 people are playing Europa Universalis IV together in a real castle
Brendan Caldwell on October 5th, 2017 at 1:06 pm.

eu4-castle-2-620x320.jpg

Hello from Poland, where I am currently living in a castle with forty angry strategy gamers. The castle is Zamek Czocha, a 13th century fortress that has been occupied more times than an airport toilet cubicle. This week its invaders are the Grandest LAN Party, a giant multiplayer match of historical strategy game Europa Universalis IV[official site]. This is normally a game of slow and ponderous decisions on a big map of the world, but in this castle it also involves four days of clambering through secret chambers and crossing high balconies to talk to the representative of Norway about an underhanded alliance with Moldavia.

It’s something between a LAN and a LARP. Approximately forty players are sleeping in the castle’s quarters (normally a swish hotel) and manning computers in various rooms – the library, the knight’s hall, the “French room”. They settle disagreements in the old-fashioned manner of national posturing and war-mongering. There are Indian countries and European ones, Japanese states and Irish ones. It’s not just one person at each computer, though, there’s teamwork involved. Only one person need sit at the computer itself, while others on the same team skulk around passing information and engaging in diplomatic acts such as dropping half-full glasses of beer on the beautiful hardwood floor and apologising profusely. Here’s an advert for the Paradox-sanctioned event.

That’s perhaps a little more dramatic than the real thing, but there is still a lot of power struggling from what I’ve seen so far. And a great humour to it. One team has just seized the region of Westphalia in Germany and renamed it “West Philidelphia”. The benefit of being physically close to your allies is also real. For instance, if the three young men controlling the nation of Brunswick need to cut a quick deal with someone from Milan, they can send one of their boys across the knight’s hall balcony, through the “English room”, down the stoney steps of a secret passageway, and into the cavernous arches of the “Polish room”, where the Milanese representatives might already be talking, somewhat disconcertingly, to the Pomeranian ambassador. They can also, if they wish, wave down a monk (one of the organiser’s “servants”) and send a scroll with a message.

eu4-castle-3-620x320.jpg

Then there are the idiosyncrasies of the game itself to consider. While writing this, the Reformation has broken out across Europe, meaning that the closeknit formation of German, French and Italian players may soon be tested. Meanwhile, across the globe (two rooms away) three teams share rule in India and they have just discovered the joy of colonising other faraway nations. As a non-player I am privy to a worldwide view. One of the organisers, who is himself playing as Saxony, has just sat down to inform me that the Indians are far ahead in terms of technology while the “backwards European savages” cannot even see India on their maps of the world (although there is also a huge map projected onto the floor in one of the halls, for all to inspect). Europe will soon be swamped, he says, by the colour blue – the spreading influence of Protestantism.

eu4-castle-1-620x320.jpg

I’ll have a full report of the conflicts that erupt during the course of the game, but you’ll have to wait until next week for that. The multiplayer match is set to be a centuries-long period stretching from the early 1400s to the 1800s, and will take four days of playing in real time, each day containing 14 hours of skulduggery and army management. I would call it gruelling, if it weren’t for the kitchen that constantly serves beer and buns, and the four tranquil castle cats which roam around offering comfort despite each of them being named after notorious communists. I have come to regard Lenin as my favourite.

Like I say, I’ll bring you a bigger write-up of this ridiculous situation soon. But for now, I must go. Morocco has just entered the game.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom