Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

catfood

AGAIN

Andnjord

Arcane
Good meme until you realize 20 years ago was 2004
Half-Lfe 2, Rome: Total War, San Andreas, Ninja Gaiden, Metroid Prime 2, Snake Eater, R&C 3, Minish Cap, Far Cry 1, Paper Mario TTYD, Burnout 3...

Sorry, I don't understand your issue.
Sir, this present forum is called RPGcodex and none of these are cRPGs. The issue is still unresolved.

Furthermore, 2004 is the year Ttoika started laying off staff, thus confirming it as a cursed year to be remembered in infamy.

Mikeal

Arcane
0Sf7EgR.jpg

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My PC has no in-built optical drive...

That's why I bought a USB DVD drive!

I actually wanted to add a DVD drive to my new PC when I built it last year, but modern cases no longer have a place for optical drives.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer

I actually wanted to add a DVD drive to my new PC when I built it last year, but modern cases no longer have a place for optical drives.
There's a few that still has a drive bay, but they are definitely few and far between. The Fractal Pop Air has one and i specifically built my last pc so i could have a drive bay.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron

There's a few that still has a drive bay, but they are definitely few and far between. The Fractal Pop Air has one and i specifically built my last pc so i could have a drive bay.
I wanted a simple black case without any windows or lights, which narrowed my selection quite a bit because most stuff these days has retarded RGB elements all over it.

Ended up getting this because it has a lot of space for my hardware, good airflow, and looks elegant:

Fractal_Design_Focus_2_Black_Solid__Tower_Geh_use@@1775681.jpg

ds

Cipher
Patron
I just keep my PC under the desk with another (currently unused) one next to it to cover the damned case window even if the light show bullshit is turned off as much as possible. Didn't want to compromise on size or drive bays to find one without a window.

61+hskU-O3L._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Still have additional optical drives though that I don't use often enough to keep in the case and just connect with a USB→IDE/SATA adapter when needed.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
My PC case is on the desk, so any window or lighting would be detrimental when I play games at night - especially something like Thief which relies on having a moody dark atmosphere.

It would also annoy the fuck out of me when I work.

I also made sure to pick interior parts that didn't have RGB shit. When I picked RAM sticks there was a choice of ones with RGB elements on them. WTF is the point of that? It's fucking RAM sticks, man! The RGB elements just make them bulkier.

Modron

Arcane
My PC case is on the desk, so any window or lighting would be detrimental when I play games at night - especially something like Thief which relies on having a moody dark atmosphere.
Don't forget how reflective the panels are and prone to shattering.

Caim

Arcane
I never got the clear side screen fad on PC cases. Is it because the colors and the spinny fans provide even more dopamine for the addled brain?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom