Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
Damn, they're pretty speedy over there. I registered as Tudd Huwurd, with a Todd avatar and a message of support to the Toddlings in my signature, posted some bland PR spiel... had a look ten minutes later and I was banned.

Vidken

Novice
It might be too much work to be worth it, but you could go about developing a popular mod with whatever happy-fun feature and hiding sarcastic Oblivion fanboyism within. The "grief" content wouldn't show up for maybe an in-game year after the player's character was created.

Maybe a Todd Toward daedric shrine, complete with fanboy worshippers and a quest where you have to go into the Codexer's plane of Oblivion to purge the individuals responsible for converting Oblivion players into oldschool RPG fans. The actual plane of Oblivion would feature new monsters that consist of big walking ASCII characters and highly pixelated CGA/EGA/VGA monsters.

You would have to make an offering of 5 Codexer Bandit Hides and be wearing a full suit of glass armor before the Todd statue will talk to you.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
Vidken said:
It might be too much work to be worth it, but you could go about developing a popular mod with whatever happy-fun feature and hiding sarcastic Oblivion fanboyism within. The "grief" content wouldn't show up for maybe an in-game year after the player's character was created.

Maybe a Todd Toward daedric shrine, complete with fanboy worshippers and a quest where you have to go into the Codexer's plane of Oblivion to purge the individuals responsible for converting Oblivion players into oldschool RPG fans. The actual plane of Oblivion would feature new monsters that consist of big walking ASCII characters and highly pixelated CGA/EGA/VGA monsters.

You would have to make an offering of 5 Codexer Bandit Hides and be wearing a full suit of glass armor before the Todd statue will talk to you.
Yeah. Good luck with the WIP thread :lol:

I WAS doing something like that with my Snakes on an Oblivion Plane Morrowind mod, before I was banned, which kind of killed my enthusiasm. It had NPCs who continually wailed "I saw a mudcrab yesterday", an NPC who continually laughs at the player because he's "more Radiant than you", and Mehrunes Dagon incessantly boasting about his piercings.

Codices

Novice
Rat Keeng said:
Callous? Callous callous callous...
Not your best angle by the way.

I have worked as a professional rubber-penguin-fucker-photographer for the International Herald Tribune, the Hindustan Times and Le Monde Diplomatique. So do not lecture me about angles.

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
Ahzaruuk said:
I was just making a comment on that one statement. No need to explode over it. :|
I admit I was harsher than I should have been. It was wrong of me to react like that. However, I hope in the future that you will learn when anecdotes are appropriate and when they are not and that when you notice a huge lengthy discussion of this type going on you will read what was said previously so you know the topic being discussed and the terminology used.

galsiah, that's a pretty reasonable post. I can find little to object to, although perhaps I am just not trying hard enough. I think it would be best if this detour ended and gave the thread room to discuss rpg topics, or if that is no longer happening, silly nonsense.

KreideBein

Scholar
Admiral jimbob said:
Damn, they're pretty speedy over there. I registered as Tudd Huwurd, with a Todd avatar and a message of support to the Toddlings in my signature, posted some bland PR spiel... had a look ten minutes later and I was banned.

Was the thread deleted? You probably wouldn't have been banned if you had chosen a more innocuous name and avatar. Here is an example of an idiotic post that was passed over for some unknown reason.

And in other ESF news, a PM war rages with Atrebus about mentions of the Codex on the ESF. So far, I believe I can safely say that I'm winning.

KreideBein said:
Admiral jimbob said:

Was the thread deleted? You probably wouldn't have been banned if you had chosen a more innocuous name and avatar. Here is an example of an idiotic post that was passed over for some unknown reason.

And in other ESF news, a PM war rages with Atrebus about mentions of the Codex on the ESF. So far, I believe I can safely say that I'm winning.

Ah, but the idea was that I was Tudd himself. I posted outraged disbelief at criticisms, generic-buzzword-advertisements for Nights on My Knee, etc.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
TheGreatGodPan said:
Ahzaruuk said:
I was just making a comment on that one statement. No need to explode over it. :|
I admit I was harsher than I should have been. It was wrong of me to react like that. However, I hope in the future that you will learn when anecdotes are appropriate and when they are not and that when you notice a huge lengthy discussion of this type going on you will read what was said previously so you know the topic being discussed and the terminology used.

galsiah, that's a pretty reasonable post. I can find little to object to, although perhaps I am just not trying hard enough. I think it would be best if this detour ended and gave the thread room to discuss rpg topics, or if that is no longer happening, silly nonsense.
Will do :P

Slith

Scholar
Admiral jimbob said:

You deserved to be banned.

The intelligent posters here know how to disguise their trolling antics at the ESF. They often try to bring enlightenment through absurd jokes and sarcasm, but it's done in a tactful way. You utterly failed in that respect. All you accomplished was further tarnishing the already sullied view of Codex posters. Good fucking job.

Voss

Erudite
Oh, noes!

Peoples on teh interwbe will has bad views of the Codex! The whoreors!

If you hadn't posted that way Jimbob, clearly the Codex would be hailed as the refuge of enlightenment that it truly is.

cutterjohn

Cipher
Lord Chambers said:
Ahzaruuk said:
Who is this Jack Thompson person and why do I care?

Some Florida fag, er... I mean attorney who gets off bringing suits of law against game developers for corrupting the youth of America with excessively violent, adult content, and sexual theme containing games be they real or imaginary...

translation: some fat wind bag from Florida looking to score some ph4t lewt off of anyone with more money than he has while simultaneously appearing an ascetic and virtuous personage upholding the psycho chris.. er upstanding moral values of mainstream amerika...

Slith said:
Admiral jimbob said:

You deserved to be banned.

The intelligent posters here know how to disguise their trolling antics at the ESF. They often try to bring enlightenment through absurd jokes and sarcasm, but it's done in a tactful way. You utterly failed in that respect. All you accomplished was further tarnishing the already sullied view of Codex posters. Good fucking job.

I didn't TROLL! I... Toddled. My posts would've been perfectly acceptable coming from any other poster.

Uz0rnaem

Scholar
Romanian_Dude2005 said:
How the hell can these people play this shit for 800+ hours?!
Probably by leaving the game on while they sleep, because they're roleplaying someone who enjoys standing around motionless in the same spot for hours. Yes, the game even supports THAT!

Amateur

Novice
Uz0rnaem said:
Romanian_Dude2005 said:
Probably by leaving the game on while they sleep, because they're roleplaying someone who enjoys standing around motionless in the same spot for hours. Yes, the game even supports THAT!

Ahahaha, yeah right leaving the character to sleep while sleeping or sitting while going out. :D:D.

They are talking about 600 hours WITHOUT touching the main quest. You know what after my 70-80 hour I've finished all the guilds and MQ and most of the side quests and didn't have fun while doing most of those things, just did it to finish the game. The world becomes empty after 20-30 hours(maybe 50 depending on the type of play). But if one spends more time and doesnn't even touch the MQ I can only say that he is retarded and does pointless wondering and dungeon hacknslash again and again.

Well I bet if there were no time limit these people would play Prince Of Persia(the original again :D) for several hundred hours. But at least POP is not crap as Oblivion...

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
Uz0rnaem said:
Romanian_Dude2005 said:
OMG! TEH ROELPL4Y1N!!!!111

OccupatedVoid said:
Uz0rnaem said:
Romanian_Dude2005 said:
OMG! TEH ROELPL4Y1N!!!!111

ADMIRAL: STFU U NON ROLEPLAYAR

CABIN BOY: YEAH Y U NO ROLPLAY

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
Romanian_Dude2005 said:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=579561

It may have to do with some having ADHD...

..Not ment as an offense. I know first hand the effects. You can play games that most would condiser short for HOURS because you can just stare in awe at the stuff over and over and over and over...

I know from experience :lol:

KreideBein

Scholar
Romanian_Dude2005 said:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=579561

Assuming no fast travel:

20 hrs for the main quest
(6*4)+2 hrs for the guild quests and Arena
(60*1) hrs for side quests
(20*1) hrs for Oblivion gates
50 hrs for transit time
(50*.5) hrs for dungeon raiding

201 hrs total *4 characters=804 hrs

So that answers how. The real question is why, which Jasede answered correctly as a lobotomy.

On an unrelated topic, have you recieved any warnings about your troll account at the ESF, OccupatedVoid? The mods there have to realize by now that it's not a normal account.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom