Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

User was nabbed fit

Careful, Codexers; the walls have ears.

Uz0rnaem

Scholar
They do? Then maybe I shouldn't mention that "summer" is my spam account over there.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I dare someone to post something along the lines of 'What is this secret cheat code I keep hearing hushed whispers of, dubbed Code X? Is it like Hot Coffee? All the posts about it get deleted. What is this mysterious Code X? I want Code X"

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
I don't know if it's just me, but I found the Oblibianman123 posts to be not funny at all, but just obvious tired jokes and annoying to boot. The complaints the ESFers raised about them were dead on. Do I have to hand in my hive-mind membership badge now?

Zomg

Arbiter
It's not just you. We need the Codex brownshirts to drive them off.

Calis

Pensionado
TheGreatGodPan said:
I don't know if it's just me, but I found the Oblibianman123 posts to be not funny at all, but just obvious tired jokes and annoying to boot. The complaints the ESFers raised about them were dead on. Do I have to hand in my hive-mind membership badge now?
No, I'm with you.

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
As am I, trolling not only tarnishes Codex street cred but requires too much effort, why dont we just compile a list of things that were RPG elements in Avernum/Geneforge(BTW which two games should I get first?) and adhere to those as barebones rules for RPGs.

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
Zomg said:
You got that backward. We need a night-of-long-knives smackdown on trolls. Something like giving them all a "dumbfuck" or "troll" tag.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
Inziladun said:
We all know all those trolls at the ESForums are a joint effort by all of the Codex in our bitter hatred of that EVIL Elderscrolls. But in reality, we LOVE Oblivion, otherwise why would we spend so much effort towards criticising it?

with the Behaviour of some users here, I think we can hardly chastise them as being trolls.

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
OccupatedVoid said:
TheGreatGodPan said:
Zomg said:
You got that backward. We need a night-of-long-knives smackdown on trolls. Something like giving them all a "dumbfuck" or "troll" tag.
What about kingcomrade?

Someone who (does not) value their lives should go into General discussion and call him all manner of expletives, whilst pretending to be an ESF member, triggering the internet equivalent of nuclear war.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
MINIGUNWIELDER said:
As am I, trolling not only tarnishes Codex street cred but requires too much effort, why dont we just compile a list of things that were RPG elements in Avernum/Geneforge(BTW which two games should I get first?) and adhere to those as barebones rules for RPGs.

I agree with you. Trolling is fun for a while, but a idiotic path in the long run.

sheek

Arbiter
Hey guys the newbies are no more retarded than most of you were six months ago. They've only been in on 'the joke' for a short time... Personally I thought it was a retarded joke right from the start.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
Elhoim said:
MINIGUNWIELDER said:

I agree with you. Trolling is fun for a while, but a idiotic path in the long run.
This is especially true is you want to set an example.

And what an exanple the codex sets, with all the Tubgirling, the trolling, and sometimes plain vulgarity, it seems more like a covenent of Oblivion haters than anything.

To quote a midevil (I never can spell that right...) proverb: "Example is better than Precept."

Vidken

Novice
I'd rather the "trolling" were honest and intelligent discussions with TES members about such topics as roleplaying as it relates to present and past games. Of course, I have to mention (by cliche) that finding and maintaining an intelligent discussion on TESF is fucking hard. If you manage to find someone of a differing opinion that's intelligent and mature enough to discuss it like a gentleman, the frothing fanboys will get the thread locked with their irrational banter.

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
sheek said:
Hey guys the newbies are no more retarded than most of you were six months ago. They've only been in on 'the joke' for a short time... Personally I thought it was a retarded joke right from the start.
Hey, don't point that accusatory finger at me. I was never one of the tardlings. I've never had an account at ESF and I don't intend to. I would guess that the majority of members here have never trolled at ESF either.

OverrideB1

Scholar
Vidken said:
I'd rather the "trolling" were honest and intelligent discussions with TES members about such topics as roleplaying as it relates to present and past games. Of course, I have to mention (by cliche) that finding and maintaining an intelligent discussion on TESF is fucking hard. If you manage to find someone of a differing opinion that's intelligent and mature enough to discuss it like a gentleman, the frothing fanboys will get the thread locked with their irrational banter.
I've never (intentionally) trolled at the ESF, and never intend to -- it strikes me as just as puerile on our part as the ESF fanboys coming over here and trolling. Yes, yes, I know that they did, but is there really any need to stoop to their level? Trolling the ESF is like shooting fish in a barrel -- way too fucking easy.

Coming here, so that I could have intelligent conversations about RPGs (in amidst all the tubgirling, profanity, and plain wierdness that is the HiveMind), was the best move I ever made. Fuck Bethesda, and fuck the ESF fanboys -- I plan on never visiting there or posting there again (the only contact I want with them is the Best Thread Ever). After all, why do I need to visit there?

It's no cliche -- intelligent discussion is impossible; I loathe the high-handed, draconian moderating; 99% of the posters wouldn't recognise a decent RPG if it ran up and kicked them in the nadgers; the Toddler's latest pontifications hold zero interest for me; I detest Oblivion and what it represents for the future of RPGs; I hold out no hopes for any improvement with FO3 or TESV...

sheek

Arbiter
TheGreatGodPan said:
Hey, don't point that accusatory finger at me. I was never one of the tardlings. I've never had an account at ESF and I don't intend to. I would guess that the majority of members here have never trolled at ESF either.

Yeah not you. I don't keep track of names but I know several people are being big hypocrites about this.

I trolled once at ESF for about three posts. I cannot understand making a hobby out of it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom