Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

OverrideB1

Scholar
Khajjit Overlord Rainer said:
Rainer: finally saying it like it is. i think it is a great idea. maybe now all of you haters will leave our forum and let us celebrate oblivion in peice.

You seriously don't get it do you? It's not Oblivion I hate -- it's what it represents, passing itself off as an RPG when it has bugger all to do with role-playing. There are no meaningful choices in Oblivion, no meaningful dialogue. The quests are the same bland fedex quests that existed in MW -- except morons like you brought into the whole "deeper quests -- quality not quantity" shit and actually believe that its true.

You congratu;ate yourself on the role-playing facility of a game that offers diddley-squat by way of role-playing -- jeezus, have you read the facile dribble that passes for the concept of role-playing on the ESF? It's worse than moronic -- people congratulating themselves on how fucking twee they are stealing guard armour and "role-playing" a guard, or whittering on about how they're gonna role-play "Batman". How fucking retarded is that?

Yeah, fuck off back to the ESF and celebrate the death of another decent role-playing series

Lumpy

Arcane
Ahzaruuk said:
Elhoim said:
MINIGUNWIELDER said:
As am I, trolling not only tarnishes Codex street cred but requires too much effort, why dont we just compile a list of things that were RPG elements in Avernum/Geneforge(BTW which two games should I get first?) and adhere to those as barebones rules for RPGs.

I agree with you. Trolling is fun for a while, but a idiotic path in the long run.
This is especially true is you want to set an example.

And what an exanple the codex sets, with all the Tubgirling, the trolling, and sometimes plain vulgarity, it seems more like a covenent of Oblivion haters than anything.

To quote a midevil (I never can spell that right...) proverb: "Example is better than Precept."
Most of the Oblivion hating and trolling is done by ESF refugees who joined the Codex because of its critical view of Oblivion. The codex almost never bans people, so...

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
OverrideB1 said:
Yeah, fuck off back to the ESF and celebrate the death of another decent role-playing series
My god! Why on earth Would I celebrate the DEATH of a game series? :shock:

Oh, and the person you replied to is apparently an alt posing as me. :wink:

Vipera

Scholar
KreideBein said:
More ESF fun!

I'm not sure what the rational behind creating a homophobia thread originally was, but I'll bet it was something to the effect of "duhhhhhhhhh..." As it turns out, the thread's real name was "Are you homophobic? Come here so we can flame you!" Most of the people who posted in that thread are flaming idiots (pun intended), including and especially Vipera and Evilfish1.
I assume that's why you didn't bother correcting our obviously moronic behavior? It's funny how you can talk about people when you think they don't realize it, but god forbid you actually have to engage in a debate with them.

Vipera

Scholar
OccupatedVoid said:
Vipera @ TESFstapo said:
Homosexuality isn't a 'choice', you're born with it.

Could heterosexuals 'choose' to be sexually attracted to the same sex? It's the same way with homosexuals, they can't 'choose' to be attracted to the other sex.
That is the exact excuse homosexuals choose. Unless there is hard scientific evidence, Vipera is yet again spouting bullshit. Dontcha just love the TESFstapo? :)
http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_prof.htm

sheek

Arbiter
I thought the software would automatically shorten it. Fuck phpBB, not me asshole.

User was nabbed fit

If homosexuality weren't natural (in many cases), then some animals wouldn't be gay either. But they are.
It's fine, learn to tolerate and accept that just because you can't understand why some men would want to fuck other men, that that doesn't mean that it's impossible that it could be natural; the world doesn't revolve around you.

Edit: and I'll be the first to admit that I don't feel as comfortable around gays as I am around heterosexuals (it's like with chicks and guys; you can't stay just friends, well, you can, but there'll always be some kind of 'connection', whether it's mutual or not, unless neither individual is the least bit attractive in the eye's of the other), but I don't discriminate or even judge them.

ixg

Erudite
I believe it's natural in some, but not in others. I think some people decide to be homosexual. Others just are.

User was nabbed fit

Sure, in some it's cultural... but I believe that for the most part it's natural.

Vipera

Scholar
ixg said:
I believe it's natural in some, but not in others. I think some people decide to be homosexual. Others just are.
I guess there are some who chose to be homosexual. Like if your bisexual you have to choose one gender, right?

sheek

Arbiter
If you really want to talk about homosexuality... the simple fact is that it is inherently anti-social and anti-life behavior. It is obviously insane to suggest fucking your own gender can somehow be natural. You may as well say fucking animals is natural since some people do that. That doesn't mean you go out lynching gays but there is no reason to integrate disordered behaviors into the social norm whatever most politicians think is 'progressive' or not.

There is no right to do whatever you feel like and even less to impose on others to accept you for it. That kind of democracy is anarchism.

John Yossarian

Magister
How come this thread has been derailed twice with gay topics? Can't you guys talk about ADD or something else for once?

@sheek
sorry, I was hungry before, and your link made the page get wider and made me scroll. That's unacceptable.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
Stop the gay stuff! I really don't want to have to deal with galsiah's one page long posts. :)

Let's talk about...hmm...retarded people!

sheek

Arbiter
ViolentOpposition said:
If homosexuality weren't natural (in many cases), then some animals wouldn't be gay either. But they are.

Sorry but that is an in(s)ane statement to make. If you think like that everything that has ever been done is natural. Robbing people is natural, killing children is natural, Hitler's genocide of the Jews was natural. The word loses any meaning.

Also you forget that we are not animals...

It's fine, learn to tolerate and accept that just because you can't understand why some men would want to fuck other men, that that doesn't mean that it's impossible that it could be natural; the world doesn't revolve around you.

On the contrary, I think it is the gays and the defenders of libertinism who think the world revolves around individuals.

Edit: and I'll be the first to admit that I don't feel as comfortable around gays as I am around heterosexuals (it's like with chicks and guys; you can't stay just friends, well, you can, but there'll always be some kind of 'connection', whether it's mutual or not, unless neither individual is the least bit attractive in the eye's of the other), but I don't discriminate or even judge them.

It's not about feelings, it's about reason and facts. Homosexuality is not something positive and that is the issue. I think it is obvious but you can argue otherwise. Just don't start talking about feelings (either to defend or attack), that is the worst possible excuse for avoiding an argument.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
Sheek, you can come out of the closet now, no need to try and hide your sexuality behind the veil of homophobia. ;)

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
I believe I said we should talk about retards!!!

party.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom