Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
KreideBein said:
Romanian_Dude2005 said:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=579561

How the hell can these people play this shit for 800+ hours?!

Assuming no fast travel:

20 hrs for the main quest
(6*4)+2 hrs for the guild quests and Arena
(60*1) hrs for side quests
(20*1) hrs for Oblivion gates
50 hrs for transit time
(50*.5) hrs for dungeon raiding

201 hrs total *4 characters=804 hrs

So that answers how. The real question is why, which Jasede answered correctly as a lobotomy.

On an unrelated topic, have you recieved any warnings about your troll account at the ESF, OccupatedVoid? The mods there have to realize by now that it's not a normal account.

Its warn is 0%, but be quiet as there may be spies lurking about. We wouldn't want him to get banned now would we? ;)

KreideBein

Scholar
OccupatedVoid said:
We wouldn't want him to get banned now would we? ;)

Not at all, I find it rather amusing to see people indignantly reply to the stuff you post there. You've actually almost inpired me to start posting again with my retard alt, just to see how long it takes the Bethstapo to figure out what's going on.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
DwemerLord has been banned until May 25 2008, 08:53 AM for mention the codex(or something else see near bottom of post)!

So you think that the codex is all jerks because they hate Oblivion? If that's not the only reason then explain. Mkay?

My sig had a codex link before 'The Great Purge of September 2006' so it wasn't censored.

Or maybe if it is not because of mentioning the codex then that means Adolf Summer's secret police has been snooping this thread.

:twisted: Time to write some perl scripts... :twisted:

KreideBein

Scholar
OccupatedVoid said:
DwemerLord has been banned until May 25 2008, 08:53 AM for mention the codex(or something else see near bottom of post)!

So you think that the codex is all jerks because they hate Oblivion? If that's not the only reason then explain. Mkay?

My sig had a codex link before 'The Great Purge of September 2006' so it wasn't censored.

Or maybe if it is not because of mentioning the codex then that means Adolf Summer's secret police has been snooping this thread.

:twisted: Time to write some perl scripts... :twisted:

So were you posting in the "Is Oblivion an RPG or an adventure Game?" thread? I can't remember right off hand, all I know is that that thread was thoroughly trimmed, probably for mention of the Codex. The weird thing is, I haven't gotten any warnings for mentioning the Codex at the ESF, and if you read some of my posts, you'll see that I'm usually pretty blatant about it.

I've tried several times to figure out why the Codex has been auto censored over there. I had a rather long PM session with Attrebus the other night, and he didn't provide any reasonable explanations. I also pointed out that since the ban isn't in the rules, any post/topic deletions because of Codex mentions are abuses of power. That got us onto the topic about whether it should or shouldn't be in the rules, and again he failed to show why it shouldn't be.

And by the way, some of the ESF mods read this site, so make sure to not mention the names of any alts you have over there, lest they get trigger-happy and ban your account.

EDIT: For those of you who haven't seen this thread at the ESF yet, check it out.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
No worries I have archived every single troll posting for people's enjoyment. :)

I will be publishing it to the web soon. It will be quite entertaining to read--I assure you--from the responses.

suibhne

Erudite
Seriously...once you get a fanbase like that, it's clearly time to pack it up and head for the hills.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
MadMary @ TESFstapo said:
Yes. I lost that Orc woman who thought she was some sort of Prince or Knight. She fell valiently and I was staggered! I sometimes go to the place of her death. It's one of the most beautfiul spots in the game. I haven't built a shrine. I just remember her. I felt awful that I didn't manage to save her life.

Mary
Just plain sad... :(

Uz0rnaem

Scholar
Ahzaruuk said:
It seems the Homophobia thread is back for now
Thank god, otherwise I would've never been exposed to words of wisdom like these:

The Nectarine said:
I just think it's entirely too simplistic to group everyone as [censored] or not-[censored]
Couldn't agree more.

IV Flavia

Novice
OccupatedVoid said:
Yes. I lost that Orc woman who thought she was some sort of Prince or Knight. She fell valiently and I was staggered! I sometimes go to the place of her death. It's one of the most beautfiul spots in the game. I haven't built a shrine. I just remember her. I felt awful that I didn't manage to save her life.

Mary

At least they're keeping their minds occupied...Right? No? Oh well.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
OccupatedVoid said:

Mary
How so?

I always get attached to one NPC or another in the games I play. Eccentric and odd, yes. But not outright sad.

Darkflame

Scholar

Mary

W... T... F...

User was nabbed fit

First we trace all their IPs, then we'll be able to cleanse the gene pool.

KreideBein

Scholar
How to roleplay...

ESF imbecile said:
I raised umbacanp's disposition, took some clothes out of his dresser, went to the canal, dragged tehm around in the water to wash them and returned, and used the console to pay myself a fee based on my work

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Inziladun

Magister
The very last post on page three, by Vipera, is a treat.

Vipera said:
I concur, there are some major jerks over there.

Although, I thought even they would be more mature than this.

We all know all those trolls at the ESForums are a joint effort by all of the Codex in our bitter hatred of that EVIL Elderscrolls. But in reality, we LOVE Oblivion, otherwise why would we spend so much effort towards criticising it?

aweigh

Arcane
KreideBein said:
How to roleplay...

ESF imbecile said:
I raised umbacanp's disposition, took some clothes out of his dresser, went to the canal, dragged tehm around in the water to wash them and returned, and used the console to pay myself a fee based on my work

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

KreideBein

Scholar
OccupatedVoid said:
The troll archive is up!
http://voidsworld.awardspace.com/

Please be kind. I only get 5GB Bandwidth per month.

Thanks for putting that up; there's tons of hilarity to be found.

By the way, if you're going to keep trolling, instead of making another MASTERCHIEF12345 style troll, you should try the "petulant but not very bright" kind. As in the kind of person who ensures that their grammar and spelling are all correct, but is incapable of basic logical functions.

Oh, and was it ever found out who MASTERCHIEF12345 really was?

Vidken

Novice
KreideBein said:
How to roleplay...

ESF imbecile said:

HAHAHAHAHA oh god, TESF should charge being entertaining. Wait, I didn't say that.

ixg

Erudite
Inziladun said:
The very last post on page three, by Vipera, is a treat.

Vipera said:
I concur, there are some major jerks over there.

Although, I thought even they would be more mature than this.

We all know all those trolls at the ESForums are a joint effort by all of the Codex in our bitter hatred of that EVIL Elderscrolls. But in reality, we LOVE Oblivion, otherwise why would we spend so much effort towards criticising it?

No, I don't like it. What bothers me is the wasted potential: there was a good, fleshed out world at their disposition and they threw it out almost completely.
Also, recently, I've been going through mods and making Morrowind more interesting, and the more I use the CS (usually because a mod is almost what I want, but the modder added retarded bondage armor that has nothing to do with Morrowind...like MCA), the more I see how goddamn lazy they were making it. I like the idea of the Morrowind world, but it's really too bad they didn't go the whole way and make it really good.

Vidken

Novice
Inziladun said:
We're just quivering in raw anger and jealousy at how wonderful the game is. It's only natural that our reaction is to lash out. We're still hurting oh so bad.

We're blind to the unrelenting (r)evolution of gaming nirvana. Our only hope is to beg forgiveness and mercy at the feet of the developers. The Bethesda developers, who are trailblazers of progress and the lifeblood of human salvation. With every momumental TES release they ascend us further from the primitive pit of uncultured savagery.

There is one future. Those who welcome it with open arms will reap the benefits and joys that it brings. Those that don't will forever mire in the darkness of bitter denial.

Uz0rnaem

Scholar
@OccupatedVoid
I laughed at Aragosta's politely irritated reply to your "it was awsum" post. Thanks for sharing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom