Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
abnaxus said:

The general public is massively unaware of good storytelling, hence the continued success of crappy movies, books, and games. The gaming media likewise seems ignorant of what a dark setting and storyline are. People seem to think that an excessive use of swearing and showing boobs makes a game mature. It does not. Hell, films made under the Hayes Code have better dark and mature atmospheres than The Witcher.

:lol:

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
RK47 said:
abnaxus said:

The general public is massively unaware of good storytelling, hence the continued success of crappy movies, books, and games. The gaming media likewise seems ignorant of what a dark setting and storyline are. People seem to think that an excessive use of swearing and showing boobs makes a game mature. It does not. Hell, films made under the Hayes Code have better dark and mature atmospheres than The Witcher.

He's....on Bioware....He's....defending the quality of the story to Biowares games.....am i missing something?

Please tell me he as well refuted Bioware...please..i dont want to check the link...just....please.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
deus101 said:
RK47 said:
abnaxus said:

He's....on Bioware....He's....defending the quality of the story to Biowares games.....am i missing something?

Please tell me he as well refuted Bioware...please..i dont want to check the link...just....please.

"Dragon Age: Origins tried to be dark and failed. Dragon Age 2 is best described as "dark fantasy lite," and does so with a small amount of success."
:retarded:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
RK47 said:
abnaxus said:

Heh, if there's one thing I noticed about Witcher 2 it's that it manages to be mature in its story and presentation without seeming to be trying too hard, even in the sex scenes (which are still kinda awkward though) quite unlike Bioware's efforts. Having a story that focuses on politics instead of SAEV TEH WURLD and situations that arise mostly naturally instead of feeling forced/constructed like in Bio games helps a lot in that aspect.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/400-curr ... s/59355064

It's called Worlds, it was like second life back in the 90s and now it's dead online...but a few people in their late 30s still visit.

Well...it gets weird.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/ ... e_/bex.png

This guy is the first guy you meet...I don't know if he's a player or an AI...but from what I've heard he's been around since the start. You can even chat with him...but...he's weird. He makes you follow him around...and he's always around...always. It's creepy.

:what:

RK47

Patron
lolbiowareeaempn.png

Let the
FUJ4Z.gif
begin.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Clockwork Knight said:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/400-current-events/59355064

It's called Worlds, it was like second life back in the 90s and now it's dead online...but a few people in their late 30s still visit.

Well...it gets weird.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/ ... e_/bex.png

This guy is the first guy you meet...I don't know if he's a player or an AI...but from what I've heard he's been around since the start. You can even chat with him...but...he's weird. He makes you follow him around...and he's always around...always. It's creepy.

:what:

Worlds... of Prosper

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
The reason they delayed Mass Effect 3 is not because they wanted to polish the game. The reason they delayed is because they wanted to have DLC ready.

DLC like A FUCKING DRAGON AGE FUCKING DOG PARTY MEMBER????!!?!?!??!?!

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Peter said:
The important question is: Will there be a dog romance option?
No, there won't be. But the having dog will trigger bonus scenes with your party members, like Kaidan offering to take him out for a walk or shit like that.

Isn't there a conversation where Dog is shown to like the smell of Morrigan's unwashed panties*? That's close enough to a dogmance. On the other hand, Morrigan used to live in the woods frolicking under the moonlight (Flemeth's words), so she's probably taken the knot once or twice already, from a wolf pack or two.

*while that wouldn't be a problem per se, she's still wearing said soiled panties during the scene
edit:
taking the illusion of choice to a new level

:lol: :lol: :lol:

this is what happens when you parrot meaningless drivel because it sounds nice, kids

edit 2: oh god, people are quoting and praising him

fuck me

RK47

Patron
Taking the illusion of choice to a new level.

That shd be on the ME3 box art...:lol:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments ... s_awesome/

[–]hitchstriker (_) [-1] 254 points 21 hours ago (306|55)
Bethesda? Doing animations right? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

[–]oneofthelast (_) [-1] 170 points 22 hours ago (224|54)
I cried over the awesomeness. 300+ hours of game play, god damn. That is so fucking amazing.

[–]asugden (_) 157 points 22 hours ago (192|36)
I saw half of the video and I was gobsmacked while he was in a cave finding the way out, saying how water sometimes guides you out. Then he got outside and started fighting dragons...

[–]rhapsodicink (_) 73 points 22 hours ago (91|22)
My monitor is covered in jizz

[–]Foxprowl (_) 72 points 22 hours ago (83|13)
Dual-wielding spells. I...I'm so happy.

[–]qaid (_) 50 points 21 hours ago (59|8)
Oh my fuck. The biggest takeaway, for me, is that they've actually put effort into animations this time around!! The dragons actually look believable - I was really worried that they'd look terrible in action.

[–]rtam (_) 46 points 21 hours ago (58|12)
Todd Howard is a god. Skyrim is going to wreck everyone's shit.

[–]Deusincendia (_) 41 points 22 hours ago (47|8)
I can explain why I will buy that game in one word: DRAGON DRAGON DRAGON

[–]kylonthedl (_) 39 points 22 hours ago (49|9)
Wait, you can talk to Giants?
cool.

[–]terplox (_) 22 points 22 hours ago (27|5)
Better quality

[–]samred92 (_) 16 points 22 hours ago (19|3)
This made me happy after being let down by Microsoft's weak press conference. Looks fantastic, I simply can't wait (300 hours, FUCK YEAH)!

[–]rodut (_) [-1] 9 points 21 hours ago (12|2)
This, GW2 and BF3 are the only titles I am actually interested in. So far, PERFECT. I mean, DID YOU SEE THOSE MOTHERFUCKING DRAGONS? UNSCRIPTED.

[–]PaxtonTheMeek (_) 10 points 21 hours ago (14|4)
Just saying. It looks that good unmodded and on the 360.
It's going to be a good holiday season.

[–]kwikshot (_) 10 points 22 hours ago (12|2)
:') This is beautiful

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom