Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
sgc_meltdown said:
kpk3G.jpg

It may just be me, but this image, how sterile it is, how alone that kid is, and how the kid is hugging a virtual avatar, seems to be more of an artistic (autistic?) representation of what videogames are to parents, ie, babysitter/teacher/daycare.

Speaks volumes about todays society.

Deleted member 7219

Me too. Parents who have to buy that game for their children shouldn't have them in the first place.

And what, pray, does those images have to do with the best thread ever? This is not a "post whatever lulzy image you find"-thread, it is supposed to chronicle the decline of computergames. There's an infinite amount of other threads you can post those pictures in, but this is not one of them.

Tasteless people like you are why we can't have good things. I've reported you to the moderators, lets hope he takes swift action.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I don't doubt that an xbox player would buy a game he already owns and play through it just for more achievement points.

Stasgard

Liturgist
sgc_meltdown said:
<awesome fucking picture>

Funnily enough, I made a very similiar picture yesterday to prove a point to a friend. I wasn't going to post it, and have even less reason to do so now. But fuck it, presenting the dumbed down, mass accessible version:

RPGS.jpg

Stasgard

Liturgist
Shit, I've never seen that picture before. Guess I'm an unoriginal hack piece of shit, or I have seen it and I'm just a plagiarist. Meh.

Not a thread, but

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... tml?cat=19

9. Hacking terminals is easier

This mod comes in 3 different "flavors". It makes the "hacking" mini-games everything from a lot less annoying to just plain out right cheating. I started to dread seeing a terminal in the game after playing for a while. Even though my character had a high science skill I had to deal with some weird guessing game. I was US Army Intelligence, trained in cryptography, and I like puzzles, but this thing had me scratching my head. This mod makes it a lot quicker and easier without completely ruining the intent of the mini-game. You are still required to have the science skill to access terminals, but finding the right code doesn't take an excel spreadsheet or a codebreaker handbook.. Less of a cheat mod and more of a time saver.

:what:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I don't even know what that quote means, but he's right in that one of the best mods for Fallout 3/Vegas is the one that gets rid of the dumbass mini-games.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
I think the quote is how surprised (I was, somewhat) someone can be Army Intelligence yet finds the Fo3 hacking minigame difficult. Someone who likes puzzles (Im thinking more the Find your way through the maze type placemat puzzles for this schlub) and trained in cryptography has difficulty.

Didnt read the article in the link, I fear much more derp to be had. But yes, the minigames can go and get fucked right off.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
tumblr_lisq1fSXHP1qazlglo1_500.jpg

You know what....I've allways lauged at the "OMG HOMOSEXUAL AGENDA111!" crowd....this time...im with them...

KILL THE STORYFAGS!

*lol "storyfag"...quite literally*

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
I started to dread seeing a terminal in the game

I was US Army Intelligence, trained in cryptography, and I like puzzles

this thing had me scratching my hea

still required to have the science skill to access terminals, but finding the right code doesn't take an excel spreadsheet or a codebreaker handbook

bethesda minigames are so hardcore that us army intelligence cryptoanalysts cannot even roleplay their own irl skills inside the game

Mastermind said:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/315/index/7634350

For such a sensitive fellow I don't know why he can't tell that it is bioware's unique portrayal of male homosexuality to mature adult xbox gamers that is working against acceptance of that particular feature and not the overall disappointment felt for a product that isn't good enough to be game of this year

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
sgc_meltdown said:
For such a sensitive fellow I don't know why he can't tell that it is bioware's unique portrayal of male homosexuality to mature adult xbox gamers that is working against acceptance of that particular feature and not the overall disappointment felt for a product that isn't good enough to be game of this year

From the replies:

Sure it is - just not a choice you'd like.

Look. What if almost every element of pop culture excluded you personally? Not for an actual good reason, but becuase you're outnumbered 100-1? Note that I'm not asking that every single aspect of our culture should go out of its way to include you, just that it sometimes recognize that a) you exist and b) you have money to spend, and would like to enjoy at least some of the things almost everyone else can.

You can't enjoy a role playing masterpiece like DA2 unless you can fuck someone of the same sex as you. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom