Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Well, gender-based prejudice and sexual orientation are clearly not the same thing, but LGBT characters would hardly be new to The Elder Scrolls (who remembers Crassius from Morrowind?). And when you consider that just about every romance mod for Morrowind or Oblivion is bisexual as opposed to being straight or gay (there are some exceptions, mind you), you'd have to assume Bethesda would learn a thing or two from that.

Yeah.

"All our modders are bi"

"So, that construction set thing? We created a monster"

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Clockwork Knight said:
Well, gender-based prejudice and sexual orientation are clearly not the same thing, but LGBT characters would hardly be new to The Elder Scrolls (who remembers Crassius from Morrowind?). And when you consider that just about every romance mod for Morrowind or Oblivion is bisexual as opposed to being straight or gay (there are some exceptions, mind you), you'd have to assume Bethesda would learn a thing or two from that.

Yeah.

"All our modders are bi"

"So, that construction set thing? We created a monster"

There is something that eludes my understanding going on here. Whereas from the people I personally know in real life maybe 10% are homosexual and maybe 1% are bi, the biowhore/bethesda fanbase seems to be turning the thing inside out, with a good 50% bi, 40% homo and 10% straight.

So either videogames tend to attract homosexuals, or videogamers tend to lie when posting shit on the internet (which usually is the case, but not here: because one thing is posing as a homosexual on a forum, and one thing is making a whole fucking homo mod for a game...) .

I remain puzzled.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Clockwork Knight said:
I imagine that the people who can't freely express their sexuality irl, turn to modding. Bioware sort of encourages it, with al the romance stuff already present in the vanilla games.

If that is so, whereas I don't really care if 50% of gamers are homo and 40% are bi, I am slightly worried by the furry-loving crowd, aka the bestiality posse. On the bright side, less competition for me.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
GarfunkeL said:
Crooked Bee said:
That Obsidian forum thread is funny.
Is that Morgoth over there our Morgoth2005?
Yes. I noticed that he constantly contradicts himself, he's pretty much an under-the-radar Drog.

Jools said:
Clockwork Knight said:
I imagine that the people who can't freely express their sexuality irl, turn to modding. Bioware sort of encourages it, with al the romance stuff already present in the vanilla games.

If that is so, whereas I don't really care if 50% of gamers are homo and 40% are bi, I am slightly worried by the furry-loving crowd, aka the bestiality posse. On the bright side, less competition for me.

Look at it this way. Just like gamers in general who slaughter entire civilizations in a game aren't doing it irl, if Bethfans are LARPing Barenziah and sucking Khajiit barbed penis in a game, at least they're not doing it irl with Mr. Mittens.

cat01life218.jpg

Same goes for the filthy homosexuals (no offense Jaesun, you're alright for a shitstabber)

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Not surprising...they're planning to do that in MMORPG....
I really can't think of a reason why MMOs need NPC romance...but whatever, if a new romance pack added every month will keep the subs coming, then EA would praise Bio for a job well done.

In response to forum poster “Silencing” who stated:

“As a Sith, I plan on being a total D*ck to everyone I meet, but I am concerned that this will affect romantic options with my companions.

My biggest concern will be the Light and Dark Side points gained. I don’t want to shut off possible romantic options by being a d*ck, but at the same time I don’t want to gain Light Side points just for the sake of making the romanced character feel that shes my ‘fluffy cuddly batch of sugar pudding yumyums’.”

BioWare’s Randy Begel has been discussing romancing crew members while playing as a “Bad Guy” in Star Wars: The Old Republic. To put it plainly – can you seduce foxy NPCs while acting like a brash jerk?

Begel replied:

“This made me laugh. :)

Something to note: you don’t really gain light side points just for being nice to someone or dark side points just for being a jerk. It takes more than that. Maybe you’re just being manipulative when you’re saying the “L” word to your romantic interest, or you were just having a bad day when you told them that thing they just gave you was garbage.”

A man who replayed Revan seven times would disagree. But whatever.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Why do these people have to exist?

A more interesting questions is "who are those people?".
I'm serious. What kind of people have such an interest in digital romances?
Are they the same kind of people who makes and uses "sexy" mods for games like Oblivion?
Are they story fags?
Are they the same kind of vulgar people who think persians (cats) is the epitome of beauty?
Are they EMOs?
Are they love sick people who has no chance of romance in real life?
Are they mostly female?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
octavius said:
Are they the same kind of people who makes and uses "sexy" mods for games like Oblivion?
Are they mostly female?
Yes to these three questions. That's the Bioware community.

circ

Arcane
Bored housewives who would otherwise be playing e-mail flirting with some fat pasty white guy who says he's black and hung like a planet.

Sims, Facebook and Mass Effect gave birth to them.

Phelot

Arcane
octavius said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:

Are they story fags?
Are they the same kind of vulgar people who think persians (cats) is the epitome of beauty?
Are they EMOs?
Are they mostly female?

Well, as long as there have been modders, there have been modders that try to add tits and shit into the game and I guess it was first Morrowind when it started getting into romance, turned into hell in Oblivion and then I guess it turned into a major marketing point. I know that Bioware had romance in BG2, but it somehow seemed less important. At least to me and by that I mean, you could just ignore it. Now it seems like it's on the feature list:

"ENGAGING COMBAT!
AWESOME ATMOSPHERE!
ROMANCE!!!"

Seriously, seems like every fucking game has to have a section in their FAQ about whether there's going to be romance.

EDIT: Also, people who are obsessed with sex mods tend to be extremely vocal it seems. I bet the majority of people don't give a fuck if you can have sex with dogs and shit in ME, but there's that loud as fuck group that does and holy shit do they make themselves known.

This reminds me of the HoMM3 AB expansion in which a select few people made a huge fucking stink about the Forge Town being introduced and so forced NWC to remake the expansion with the Conflux town.

Esquilax

Arcane
I think that the quality of game mods are a good litmus test for what kind of fan base plays the original game. My first experience with mods when I was a kid was playing some of those fantastic Thief II FM's. People added a ton of great content in FM's like Inverted Manse, Hidden Agenda, and many others. But that's because a lot of people that tended to play the Thief games tended to be a bit more thoughtful to begin with.

I don't like subscribing to that retarded idea of "LOL IF YOU PLAY SHITTY GAMES YOURA MORAN GET A BRIAN!!!", but here I think the shoe fits. Yeah there are some really well-developed mods for Oblivion I'm sure (Andoran is shaping up to be amazing) but the signal-to-noise ratio is way higher and I can't help but think that a big part of that is because Oblivion (and BioWare games especially) tends to attract a lot of weirdos/immature people that Thief didn't.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
octavius said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:

Are they story fags?
Are they EMOs?
Are they mostly female?

Some specimen:

4162010103910AM_InternetToughGuy.jpg

H1u18yQDBomvhggs9l4NI05oo1_400.jpg

27-tg-4.jpg

3287652183_cfd6f34f07.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom