Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Repressed Homosexual
1240982-KHHNEGW.jpg

Yeah, I see that poster in the mall almost every day, it's really embarrassing.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Game's coming out tomorrow, isn't it? How many fucking cartons of MTN DEW GAMER FUEL do they need? Let alone if it's just for the dude in the middle.

:patriot: indeed.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Meanwhile, outside a GameStop in the darkest heart of the American concrete jungle:

They're playing Halo while waiting for Halo 4, in case it isn't clear.

That's nice they provided them with electricity.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
to all the BRos out there that might somehow know, since I don't want to spam the other two respectable journalism threads : what do you think about kotaku.com.br? I found out about it recently, guessing it's still :decline:, not going to look to make sure

didn't find anything on the most recent journalism scandal, only something about impartiality that I didn't read but it looked like the writer was stroking himself

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
or download it from your favorite online content provider for free!

MORE SAVINGS MORE POINTS MORE EPIC STUFF

Holy shit it took me about a minute of staring in horror before I noticed the head :lol: What is going on there?

Guy's gonna drown when the tides get high, apparently the villain has a fetish for drowning his enemies. I'm more worried about the satirical "Skyrim with guns" bit from machinima being used as a selling point.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXY-lxI2nek

Skyrim lacks the atmosphere of Oblivion and for me, that makes Oblivion a much better game. I have around 200+ hours on Oblivion simply because when I play it I feel completely emersed and wanting to play another 200 hours.

:lol:

Wyrmlord

Arcane

Holy shit it took me about a minute of staring in horror before I noticed the head :lol: What is going on there?

Far Cry 3 has really been selling itself on a psychotic villain, and the said psychotic villain is someone with whom you'll to and fro throughout the game. Him burying a severed head in the sand is part of his crazy persona. He also plays Russian Roulette with people he kidnaps.

The main villain is supposed to be something like Jean Claude Van Damme's and Scott Adkin's characters in Expendables 2. He is a mixture of a petty criminal, a cult leader, an eccentric and capricious madman, get-rich-quick schemer, a ruthless slaver, and drug-addicted serial killer all wrapped in one. At least according to the game's info released so far. Like the villains of Expendables 2, he is getting forced labour out of the residents of some place to get something he wants and is using terror to get his ends achieved.

I think this whole idea is...acceptable? We have seen enough of the clever scheming Lawful Evil genius, that someone more down-to-earth and more one-dimensional in wanting to shoot people seems to be a breath of fresh air. At least the eccentric villains of Expendables 2 worked well enough, so it might work in Far Cry 3.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That's not a severed head Wyrmlord. He's giving him the "Something to Tide You Over" treatment.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Are these BroTeam videos supposed to be funny, entertaining or informative? Because I can't find any of this in there. Why are they so popular?

Beta

Well I wish I could make money playing video games and spouting bullshit.

Hipster

Yeah they're pretty awful.

BUMFACE

Exactly. Apparently saying FUCK every 3 seconds is how to make a review. OMG SO FUNNY! :roll:

And faggot.

Yup, I can certainly see a pattern here.

But it's monocled investigative journalism® - didn't you know?

Yeah, let's just keep ignoring the fact that in just about every vid (at least of games I played so I recognise this) they actually show scenes from all stages of the game - early, mid and ending, which does imply they actually finish them. This alone puts them miles about the typical "monocled investigative journalism®" out there.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Whatever's in that cube isn't going to be worth it. Guaranteed. Here's what's going to happen;

-people tap away for weeks, some individuals spending hours every day
-the cube is eventually tapped away
-what's inside sucks, people rage, Molyneux dies under mysterious circumstances for having yet another unfulfilled promise

Either that or people simply get bored long before they get to the centre of the cube and nobody finds out what's in it.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
what's inside sucks, people rage, Molyneux dies under mysterious circumstances for having yet another unfulfilled promise
Surely you mean: a bountiful feast of succulent disappointment harvested from the gullible sustains Molyneux through another decade of vampiric existence?

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
As far as funny "reviews" go, Broteam beats all the pretentious shit like Yahtzee by a country mile.

Also, his videos are a pretty good radar for spotting :obviously:-wannabe faggots, due to a significant amount of game, movie and book references in them. "Hurr durr, I didn't hear anything but swearing, this sucks". Of course you didn't, you mongoloid.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
We see what we want to see, not necessarily what is really there.

Off to watch some Broteam videos now and laugh my ass off.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
As far as funny "reviews" go, Broteam beats all the pretentious shit like Yahtzee by a country mile.

Also, his videos are a pretty good radar for spotting :obviously:-wannabe faggots, due to a significant amount of game, movie and book references in them. "Hurr durr, I didn't hear anything but swearing, this sucks". Of course you didn't, you mongoloid.

So this shit is now even considered "monocled" ? Good to know.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom