Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Wise Emperor

Arcane
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...b470a110c2&p=14589673&viewfull=1#post14589673

Originally Posted by Amadeu of Savoy
Sorry for incoming rant: Yeah, I'm know I'm probably alone in this, but I don't understand the fixation with Paganism in this community. It is really frustrating, because it seems that playing Pagans is some sort of Holy Grail for most members. I don't understand how people see the title "Crusader Kings" and think "Wow, this is a great opportunity to play Pagan tribal leaders". Why don't these people play EU:Rome, which is full of Pagan tribes, kindgoms and Empires? The Crusader Kings game to me was since the beginning (I read all the Development Diaries and pre-ordered the game and bought all DLCs to support further development) an opportunity to play a fleshed out a Medieval Feudal life with all there was in it, including a participating Church and all the little tradicional rules and frills. However, the focus seems to have been shifted to unrelated stuff, such as Muslims, Byzantines and now Pagans, Republics and even Theocracies (whatever that is). The current Aztec invasion DLC is just the last crazy drop in a change of pace that makes me sad. I don't know if the weird ahistorical and anti-medieval crowd are only a vocal minority, which would only be somewhat annoying, or if it is really the large majority, which would make me even sadder. I guess I would have to look elsewhere to play a intensive medieval crusade game (maybe a mod focused on Feudalism, but I have to take a look) or unfortunately just stay reading medieval books and imagining that life.

Again, sorry for the rant and to try to save this post I would ask for a Church DLC and a dinasties disputes DLC (but I guess that may not be popular enough in face of OMGPAGANS and Game of Thrones fans
smile.gif
).

BurningEGO
+1

You are not alone in this kind of thinking. Its just that most of the people dont even bother complaining because you might get swarmed and eaten alive by some of the OMGPAGANS/fantasy fans. The game is about crusader kings but with each DLC its getting further and further away from that. Most crusades in this game end up in epic fail anyway, and for some reason more than half of europe ends up in pagan/muslim hands most of the time (fatimid italy anyone?). Fatimids for instance are damn uber powerful, and like some say they should be at the brink of collapse. Having them running amock across europe making use of their "invasion CB" is just lame since you wont receive help from christians like you would if it was a holy war, and even more lame since Fatimids for some reason are the undisputable superpower of this game.

Fix the game before deciding to do fantasy DLCs that have nothing to do with crusader kings, paradox!

I BOUGHT CK2 TO REPLAY ONLY WHITE ANGLO SAXON CATHOLIC

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I always preferred floating camera. Right for the wrong reasons, good enough nowadays.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
TrespasserBoobs.jpg

Always found this very immersive, and I don't have boobs.

Edit: Somebody should remake this with boob physics. :thumbsup:

DraQ

Arcane

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
SKK3a.jpg

Mirror's Edge is way better with it, the jumping is sequences were more immersive than ever. Probably trolling though.
Is her head on her chest or something?

No, to realize this authentic experience^TM the developers had to look down unto themselves to get a feel for the perspective; only to discover they're all obese fucks and can't see their feet so they had to extrapolate.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom