Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
>numbers are a substitute for the manual input

lolwtf?

Kitako

Arcane
I lol'd at
having magical adventures and such things

FcYPM.jpg

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh hai guise YOutube is teh best rpg game evah! Coz-
1) It has the minigame of snake which is very very very old-skool!
2) No loading time, in fact more loading of video, longer you can play teh minigame!
3) Non linear because you can play the game in any video. Also, distracting video means harder concentration. Choices and consequences, level scaling, difficulty meter, all in one!
4) the snake gets bigger the more it eats! Character development!
5) If you ram into wall, reload, no save game for hand holding!

I am very sorry about this post, but I had to do it to see if people can be that bad at getting a point across.
200 pages of best thread ever can apparently erode one's faith in humanity like that.
And also, looks like it's possible too.

Plus, if this hasn't been covered, now no one has to.
Sorry again.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
The cult classic Mirror’s Edge didn’t see too much acclaim when it was released back in 2007, and it wasn’t until the last Steam sale that it really built up much steam. This isn’t the first time a game has become a cult classic post launch, but the enthusiasm spilled by Gabe’s commercial prowess has led to the decision for the Stockholm based developer to make a new one.

In an interview with OXM, EA Games VP Patrick Soderlund said ”The minute we start saying ‘you’re going to make a Battlefield game for the rest of your life’, they’re going to go some place else. So for them to make great Battlefield games there need to be other things for them to do as well.”

The suspicion was later confirmed by Ben Cousins, former EA F2P boss, in a Tweet: ”It is general knowledge in the Stockholm dev scene that Mirror’s Edge 2 is in production at DICE.”

http://pcgmedia.com/mirrors-edge-sequel-in-production-by-dice/

Honestly not sure if I'm excited. I loved ME, but last time ME2 was discussed the words 'bigger audience' got bandied about.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Oh hai guise YOutube is teh best rpg game evah! Coz-
1) It has the minigame of snake which is very very very old-skool!
2) No loading time, in fact more loading of video, longer you can play teh minigame!
3) Non linear because you can play the game in any video. Also, distracting video means harder concentration. Choices and consequences, level scaling, difficulty meter, all in one!
4) the snake gets bigger the more it eats! Character development!
5) If you ram into wall, reload, no save game for hand holding!
Youtube is the best GAME evar, hands down. You can just keep watching emotinally engaiging videos one after another, the gameplay aspect you speak of is purely optional, a true breakthrough in modern gaming!

DraQ

Arcane
How can clicking a mouse help determine how strong, agile or charismatic you are?
:retarded:

I don't even.

Also, if I was making an RPG on a computer I too wouldn't let the player see as many of the numbers I could get away with. That doesn't mean they wouldn't be there.

Machocruz

Arcane
I want to see the numbers so I know exactly where my character stands on the scale. They're not for the computer's benefit, for my benefit. These clowns just want an action game, they should own up to it.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Youtube is the best GAME evar, hands down. You can just keep watching emotinally engaiging videos one after another, the gameplay aspect you speak of is purely optional, a true breakthrough in modern gaming!

Graphics whore. Wikipedia is the best game ever.

You can watch youtube in 240p.
Oh, hell with it, I'll bite.
What is wikipedia? Is it turn-based like youtube's optional gameplay?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom