Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

KreideBein

Scholar
ya... said:
neither of you had the balls to leave the thread. you were a moderator for fuck's sake. you both have big egos and need to swallow your fucking pride

That's pretty much what I just said. I eventually left the thread, but I did it about three pages too late. Again, in retrospect, I should have just closed the damn thing right after things started going down the shitter and cleaned up the off topic posts. Letting go on for so long was a serious mistake, I won't deny that.

KreideBein

Scholar
Again: I left because Grum was shitting on the forums because he didn't like me. Thus, it was in the best interest of the board for me to leave. If Grum stops polluting the board with his bile directed towards me, I'll come back. If he's just going to keep it up, I'll stay away. Since you're on TS a lot, why don't you talk to him and see if he's cooled down?

ya...

Novice
he rarely posts to begin with. he simply used that thread as an opportunity to vent his hate for you, and you let him. he never mentions you on ts or tc. i 100% guarantee you that if you posted again as is, grum would leave you alone. i know the guy well enough to know that

Fez

Erudite
I think Naked_Lunch would be upset if he didn't get first refusal.

Texas Red

Whiner
KreideBein, Pete wont have you anyway. By browsing forums outside of the utopic ESF you became influenced by their barberic ways.

Vipera

Scholar
KreideBein said:
Vipera said:
Then what the fuck have you been doing these past few pages?

It was vaguely entertaining, and there was still the faint possibility that you weren't a complete dumbfuck.
I wouldn't give up quite yet.

KreideBein said:
Vipera said:
I forgot you were so up to date on my informal education. Despite lacking any formal schooling on the subject, I do know something about it.

I don't need to know the specifics of your informal education to know that your understanding of sociology is at best inadequate.
Explain to me how my understanding is inadequate, please.

KreideBein said:
Vipera said:
The real irony of that statement is how relative it is. :lol:

It wasn't a relativistic statement you dipshit. Whether you've successfully argued your point or not is a binary function. You either have or you haven't. In this case, you haven't.
What the fuck? How is that not relativistic? Everyone who's seen this thread has told me I'm more or less fighting my corner.

Or is it the giant spaghetti monster that determines what is or is not a good argument?

OccupatedVoid said:
It is also designed to make Vipera horny. Notice the dolphin.
Yes folks, it really is that easy.

EDIT: I can't play with you guys anymore this morning, I have to leave for teh school. Maybe I'll come back as less of a dumbfuck so KB and I can argue!

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
but gothic 3 just kept me from playing last time I did because I had no clue where to go; no idea what indicates the current location I should go to (got a quest like talk to the rebel leader). I know the name of a city yet I can't find it on the map. lol.

By the Gods! They forgot to give you the magical compass of pointing-where-to-go-so-you-don't-need-to-do-anything-yourself!! No wonder the game sucks, huh?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Kingston said:
but gothic 3 just kept me from playing last time I did because I had no clue where to go; no idea what indicates the current location I should go to (got a quest like talk to the rebel leader). I know the name of a city yet I can't find it on the map. lol.

By the Gods! They forgot to give you the magical compass of pointing-where-to-go-so-you-don't-need-to-do-anything-yourself!! No wonder the game sucks, huh?

I want to kill him. Now.

Fez

Erudite
I hope VD is taking notes on all this so he can make an AWESOME game for the market.

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
Objective morality (though not actually Objectivism) taken to ridiculous lengths here. Another smart person who put way too much thought into near incomprehensible nonsense.

KreideBein

Scholar
Vipera said:
Explain to me how my understanding is inadequate, please.

The fact that you apparently don't realize that deviancy such as what you're describing remaining a practice that is considered deviant is integral to the continuation of our society demonstrates that. I'm not going to go into any more detail than that, as I've got a 20 page policy paper to write and two tests to study for, and explaining basic sociological concepts to a perverted asshat on the Internet is not on the top of my list of things to do. Educate yourself on what you're arguing about before you try again.

Vipera said:
What the fuck? How is that not relativistic? Everyone who's seen this thread has told me I'm more or less fighting my corner.

Or is it the giant spaghetti monster that determines what is or is not a good argument?

Whee, let's start throwing out the appeal to popularity fallacy and hope that that legitimizes our argument.

TheGreatGodPan said:
Objective morality (though not actually Objectivism) taken to ridiculous lengths here. Another smart person who put way too much thought into near incomprehensible nonsense.

It's things like that that convinced me to take a ethical pluralist point of view. Extreme moral objectivism can be just as bad as extreme relativism.

Data4

Arcane
In light of recent revelations, I think a new title should be added to the board. "Fishfucker" seems apropo, despite the semantic inaccuracy.

-D4

Vipera

Scholar
KreideBein said:
Vipera said:

Whee, let's start throwing out the appeal to popularity fallacy and hope that that legitimizes our argument.
Then what does legitimize an argument?

KreideBein said:
TheGreatGodPan said:

It's things like that that convinced me to take a ethical pluralist point of view. Extreme moral objectivism can be just as bad as extreme relativism.
I agree, which is why some things are inherently immoral. Namely those that cause harm.

KreideBein

Scholar
Vipera said:
Then what does legitimize an argument?

It being valid or cogent, depending on whether it's deductive or inductive.

Vipera said:
I agree, which is why some things are inherently immoral. Namely those that cause harm.

We'll just have to accept disagreement on that point, but any sane person will realize how odious those kinds of deviancy for which you've espoused a fondness are.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom