Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
she's living, undeniable evidence that everything is shit
No, you.
If some of the dumbfucks that trolled her really do what they say it would help her cause no? Nobody wants to be a martyr these days...

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Project Eternity confirmed for delay. And JESawyer can go fuck himself lol

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
If there is a person that i would like to see real life abused(in a sexual way), Anita is this person. Her and the fucking manginas that pledged for her videos...
ZiWxC.png
He must have a thing for people who work on failed projects.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
If i put a kickstarter asking for a dollar and receive 100 dollars them my project will raise 100x lol, then kickstarter can change his policies or whatever

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
If she ever releases any videos we're in for a lulzy shit hurricane. Gamer nerds will nitpick her videos and argue that she's wrong about everything, white knights will leap to the defense and accuse the nerds of being misogynists, and the actual misogynists will heap a pile of sexist abuse on top. :lol:

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
If she ever releases any videos we're in for a lulzy shit hurricane. Gamer nerds will nitpick her videos and argue that she's wrong about everything, white knights will leap to the defense and accuse the nerds of being misogynists, and the actual misogynists will heap a pile of sexist abuse on top. :lol:
Already happening, sort of:

Gerrard

Arcane
When exactly did RPS start writing their articles like Kotaku? I can't look at this shit.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013

:what:

"We really wanted to push the acting side, the digital acting. We really wanted to be very high drama, very intense scenes. I always think of the scene in the second Bourne movie where Jason Bourne's choking the guy out with a book and he's right in his face and it's this very intense moment. That was one of the key things we wanted to carry off."

:hmmm:

Digital acting...choking guy out with book...in his face...

Yes, it appears we had a real winner on our hands here. But evil EA canceled it very early apparently, in the design stages.

I suppose it wasn't emotionally involving enough. i.e. without a party there cannot be romance options or gay buttsecks.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2

God dammit. This actually made me upset to watch. I really, really shouldn't care this much about the very commercial entertainment products I was making fun of people for a page or two ago, but this really just feels like rubbing our nose in the fact that we're never going to see another Morrowind. That I'm an adult now, that I'll never feel that sense of wonder again. That I'm never going to get lost, carefree, in another world like that, without worrying about looming responsibilities or that nagging, oh-so-well-enforced feeling that I should be doing something more productive. The environment in which games like that were made is gone, and the stage of my life is passed where I'll ever get into a game like that again, the slow death of the imagination is in full swing. And all that's left is that horrible trampoline pad where once was the levitation shaft of my heart, that weird beach where once a world of imagination stretched out, that stupid blundering thing where once was an icy, mysterious mage lord.

Where is the heart in this?

EVERYTHING IS SHIT :x

Wyrmlord

Arcane

God dammit. This actually made me upset to watch. I really, really shouldn't care this much about the very commercial entertainment products I was making fun of people for a page or two ago, but this really just feels like rubbing our nose in the fact that we're never going to see another Morrowind. That I'm an adult now, that I'll never feel that sense of wonder again. That I'm never going to get lost, carefree, in another world like that, without worrying about looming responsibilities or that nagging, oh-so-well-enforced feeling that I should be doing something more productive. The environment in which games like that were made is gone, and the stage of my life is passed where I'll ever get into a game like that again, the slow death of the imagination is in full swing. And all that's left is that horrible trampoline pad where once was the levitation shaft of my heart, that weird beach where once a world of imagination stretched out, that stupid blundering thing where once was an icy, mysterious mage lord.

Yawn.

This is just another repetition of how everything was more awesome when you were 12. We keep hearing this all the time on the internet.

Of course, everything was more awesome when you were 12, because at 12, you find everything awesome.

"Look at this Mass Effect 2. Back when I was 12, I played KotOR. Now that game had HEART! Where is the heart in this?! WHERE?!"

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Yawn.

This is just another repetition of how everything was more awesome when you were 12. We keep hearing this all the time on the internet.

Of course, everything was more awesome when you were 12, because at 12, you find everything awesome.

"Look at this Mass Effect 2. Back when I was 12, I played KotOR. Now that game had HEART! Where is the heart in this?! WHERE?!"

No offence, but not all of us were retards when we were 12.

Also, some of us actually replayed these older games recently. My motherboard pretty much blew up in August, so I was stuck on a netbook with a 128mb card for months, playing all the older games. I'm not exactly wearing nostalgia glasses when I say the games of today are relatively shit compared to the games of yesteryear.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Yawn.

Also, some of us actually replayed these older games recently. My motherboard pretty much blew up in August, so I was stuck on a netbook with a 128mb card for months, playing all the older games. I'm not exactly wearing nostalgia glasses when I say the games of today are relatively shit compared to the games of yesteryear.

Well duh. The games of yesteryear were made by game designers. The games of today are made by focus group tests.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Yawn.

You see this funny word: Nostalgia.

I didn't even use the word nostalgia. You did. But you know what is so funny about it?

You are applying it in the case of a 2002 game. That's not an old game. That's not a long time ago. That's virtually yesterday. Are you also nostalgic about the Lord of the Rings movies?

Morrowind isn't a game of yesteryear. It is a game of today. Saying it's an old game is really talking like a 12 year old, for whom 2 years ago was ancient history. Funnily enough, all the criticisms we apply to modern games - extremely low difficulty even at the highest setting, extremely linear dungeons, combat that involves doing two or three different things at most, and cookie cutter quests - they all apply to Morrowind.

So I wouldn't say you are wearing nostalgia glasses, but I would say you are being willfully blind.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
You are applying it in the case of a 2002 game. That's not an old game. That's not a long time ago. That's virtually yesterday. Are you also nostalgic about the Lord of the Rings movies?

The thing is, at some point in very recent memory, there was a dramatic shift in how games were being made and marketed. Computergaming went from a niche hobby where nerds made games for niches of nerds to a mainstream lowest common denominator mass media cash cow. Where once designers tried to build fun and compelling games, we now have marketing departments trying to predict low-risk/high profitability products for consumption. Bemoaning the shift in focus over the past 10 years is perfectly valid when the approach to how games are designed has become fundamentally different.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2

Yawn.

Work on your parser, I admitted and made fun of myself for exactly this in the post.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom