Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
hah, summer's reply:

summer said:
Um, interesting. Can't win them all I guess.

Seems she's pissed off that she can't find any reason to lock this yet, and she seems to be annoyed that most of the people who posted in this thread agreed with the review.

JarlFrank said:
Seems she's pissed off that she can't find any reason to lock this yet, and she seems to be annoyed that most of the people who posted in this thread agreed with the review.
Seems like you are desperate for her attention, and you seem to be annoyed whenever she calls you on your flame baits.

KreideBein

Scholar
Admiral jimbob said:
There's plenty about the Uncyclopedia article earlier in this thread. I believe OccupotatoedVoid wrote most of it.

A lot of the additions came from Void, a few came from myself, and I think one or two other people were involved with it back in late December/early January. No one knows who wrote the original, though.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
KreideBein said:
Admiral jimbob said:
There's plenty about the Uncyclopedia article earlier in this thread. I believe OccupotatoedVoid wrote most of it.

A lot of the additions came from Void, a few came from myself, and I think one or two other people were involved with it back in late December/early January. No one knows who wrote the original, though.
I noticed it was updated from the last time I read it, And I suspected it might have been you. :lol:

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
Um, it was done to enter a contest for member reviews and in the contest, called FiringSquad Editors Challenge. That member joined yesterday to enter his review. While it seemed like he was being honest, I doubt that review will win the challenge or even come close.

Summer is somehow trying to imply... something. She's close to thinking up of something that could harm the integrity of the review... But she isn't quite there yet.

Oh and btw, MrSmileyFaceDude came in to save the day:

Every review out there is "honest," even the ones you disagree with. People are generally "honest" when they express their opinions, and not all of them are the same. A lot of time passed between Oblivion's release and all the Game of the Year awards it was nominated for and in some cases, won. Those clearly weren't knee-jerk reactions. A lot of people "honestly" like the game, whether you agree with them or not. The opinions of authors who gave Oblivion positive reviews are every bit as valid as this reviewer's.

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
Romanian_Dude2005 said:
I'm thinking of making an article about PS:T on Uncyclopaedia, seems that no one else did it yet and the Fallout parody is neither clever or realy funny.

I'll have to replay PS:T a few times before I do this of course.

bylam posted a good idea in one GD thread a while back.

"You could always tell the story of the airplane which gets taken over by terrorists and one passenger ( a rather large scarred fellow) gets tortured to the point that he gets amnesia, and he spends the rest of the flight trying to take back the plane and remember who he was at the same time.
I call it Plane Escape: Tormented."

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
I knew it. Summer gave me a warning for flamebaiting and trolling just because I posted this link. In fact, I just posted the link, the flame war was established by other people. That'S just how retarted one can get.

Jarl_Frank said:
Um... in which way is posting a link to a review flamebaiting or trolling? I just posted a link to an interesting review, and then a discussion was started in which I did not even participate.

Why should it be bad to link to a review which just states another opinion about the game, and also addresses its faults? I don't see any trolling in that.

summer said:
Because an admin reported it and asked that you be warned. So, I suggest you contact them. If the rest of the admins think it wrong, I am sure it would be overturned. And considering you know you planted it anyway as a way to incite flames, I am rather supprised at your supprise. The least you could do is admit it when you troll, you and I can both read your admission somewhere you know. As can the admins, I'm sure.

Now hurry, go post my pm somewhere and talk about how unfair you have been treated. Why do you bother? What have you to gain? Its not a game, its a forum. Who derives fun from, "Oh boy, let's go see how fast this gets locked or incites flames." You seem to be bored to tears.

Who cares if everyone likes it or not? It's a game for [censored] sake. You think you are going to convience a bunch of folks that play the game not to like it? What is the purpose of that? Oh joy, joy, I sure messed with those folks minds.

The thread is fine, and that is why it is still open. Your intentions to troll however is quite clear.

I am off now, so you really will have to contact an admin.

My hands however are tied.
summer
[/quote]

Admiral jimbob said:
That really does sound like Summer took the criticism personally and decided to warn you for it. :s Since all you did was post a review link...

EDIT: that bloody thread has descended into Gothic 3 vs Oblivion. AGAIN.

hhmmm. why oh why it always goes like that.

Oblivion fanboys already settled that Gothic 3 is the worst of the worst, possibly satan's reincarnation in a C++ code.

Why would anyone want to compare the Shiniest 'beacon of light, the only star on the sky, the holy saint spirit poured into an art form, the savior of the human race" to such a dirty and piece of shit trash like Gothic3 ?

I thought, people get divided on such, when there is a sharp competitor, something alternative...something that makes the other run for its money....so instead they should compare it to..........ummmm...

ok, I'm lost.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Kingston said:
JarlFrank, pm MrSmileyFaceDude. After all, he's seen the thread and was quite neutral aboutthe subject. See what he thinks.

EDIT: Wow, you can't even critice games? Shit.

MrSmileyFaceDude had an amazing explanation for that:

I just got a warning from Summer because of Trolling and Flamebaiting, as I created the Oblivion Review gives it 60% thread. I asked her about why she gave me the warning, and she told me she did it on request of an administrator of these forums.
As you were the only admin I saw reading this thread, I would like to get some clarification on this matter.

Greetings
Jarl_Frank

MrSmileyFaceDude said:
I'm not an admin.

EDIT:

Stupidity rules again in this thread:

Grynch said:
Dude is just a wannabe magazine reviewer with bad use of punctuation.

I'll admit that the game offers little variety in dungeons, but the ones that are varied are that much more interesting. So, of course, with over 100 hours of gameplay, they well get a little old and repetitive. I think a redundant arguement is the speed at which oblivion runs at. Boo-frickety-hoo. Your computer wont play obwivion? awwww... poor child. I bet that his game stuttered, or something happened to him with this game, and now he has a oblivion bashing thread with all the bashing hidden behind small compliments.

Here:

Oblivion has raised the standards of not only graphics and RPing on X360, but also of future gameplay. The game isn't complicated to understand, and once you do get the hang of it, its extremely breath-taking.

Notice this man's reference and comparison to Morrowind. Okay, its different, shut up now. I dont feel like reading as much as I had to in Morrowind. Plus, Morrowind, when it came out, looked a little bit nerdy. I can actually mention this game in a classroom and half the kids will know it, and say it is "tight". Couldn't say that about Morrowind. Oblivion was a great game to get the Elder Scrolls series out there, and it pisses me off to see all these bad reviews which were obviously the result of some personal circumstance.

But, I guess, he isn't a magazine, like he seems to wish he was. No magazine with a valid opinion rates Oblivion badly. That is the fact.

KreideBein

Scholar
JarlFrank said:
Kingston said:
JarlFrank, pm MrSmileyFaceDude. After all, he's seen the thread and was quite neutral aboutthe subject. See what he thinks.

EDIT: Wow, you can't even critice games? Shit.

MrSmileyFaceDude had an amazing explanation for that:

I just got a warning from Summer because of Trolling and Flamebaiting, as I created the Oblivion Review gives it 60% thread. I asked her about why she gave me the warning, and she told me she did it on request of an administrator of these forums.
As you were the only admin I saw reading this thread, I would like to get some clarification on this matter.

Greetings
Jarl_Frank

MrSmileyFaceDude said:
I'm not an admin.

Well, there is a list of admins and mods available from a link on the forum index, so you could have checked there. I suggest contacting sentinel, as he seems to be a fair individual.

Amasius

Augur
Well beeing actually an Ultima 9 fan and not an Ultima 7 fan, I cannot agree with the reviewer.
C Mon in Ultimas 7 dialogue options were often "Name, Job, Bye" while Ultima 9 had voice dialogue and maybe the best puzzles / dungeons in the rpg history.
AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaarrrrgggnnnnnn.......!!!!!

HardCode

Erudite
You people DO realize that Summer is a grandmother. She stated that in a PM when I bitched about her moderator ways. That puts her up in the 55 to 75 age range. She is trying to act like your mother. Old people should stick to bingo, needle-point, and driving slow so I am late to work, and stay away from computers *ducks from Jim Kata*

Top Hat

Scholar
ARRGH!

Talaran
How many/which other game companies release large add-ons for free?

How many stupid Oblivion mods would this fool consider "large"?

I'm guessing "size" is a screwed up concept over at ESF.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
Jarl_Frank said:
Um... in which way is posting a link to a review flamebaiting or trolling? I just posted a link to an interesting review, and then a discussion was started in which I did not even participate
Pfft. :roll:

I'm going to post it on the ESF, just to see the reaction.
Going to be a fun flamefest.
http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
R00fles!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom