Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Shadow

Novice
No, but I was curious.

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
I got banned again, for a bullshit reason undoubtedly(either talking about my first banning by Archaeo(who was fired) or saying jackasses, or saying that those who refuse to read two lines of dialogue should be shot)

KreideBein

Scholar
She retired from being a mod because she took a lot of flak after community discussion reopened. Having been in almost the exact same position as her, I can't really fault her choice.

KreideBein

Scholar
I wasn't around during the Archie era, so all I have to go on is hearsay. The general consensus seems to be quite negative in tone, though.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... pic=634399

Iam going on first appearences here but shivering isles looks like its going to be better than oblivion. I remember my first reaction to oblivion, comparing in to shivering isles iam more excuted about shivering isles. Its the look of it, it looks more enchanting, mystical, more fantacy looking. Also the main quest sounds like its going to be facinating than oblivions main quest. The fact its based in the realm of madness, makes it seem its going to be more unique and interesting. Also the creatures look better than some of the ones in oblivion. I thought there were too many rubbish creatures in oblivion. But shivering isles looks like its going to readdress this.

facinating... should that word be referring to feces in any way?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
The Fallout 3 thread has finally been closed...

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... try9195191

Jarl_Frank said:
something critical about Oblivion and Bethsoft dumbing down games

Dogsbody said:
Since there hasn't been an on-topic post in days, this thread is pronounced dead.

Note how there have been critical comments about Oblivion's dumbing down by me and some other guys before the thread has been closed. The fact that it was not really on topic served as a good reason for the mods to close it down, while the real reason was very likely the criticism on Bethsoft.

KreideBein

Scholar
One of the things that pisses me off the most about the moderation on the ESF is that they don't allow for topics to evolve. Either a thread remains on the exact same topic throughout its lifespan, or it's closed. Such a policy seriously neuters debate.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
KreideBein said:
One of the things that pisses me off the most about the moderation on the ESF is that they don't allow for topics to evolve. Either a thread remains on the exact same topic throughout its lifespan, or it's closed. Such a policy seriously neuters debate.

And if it reaches too many posts it is locked because of some fucking retarted reason. Just after reaching a certain level of discussion it is locked, and [insert interesting thread name here] number two must be made. That's the most ridiculous shit I've ever seen on any forum, apart from their auto censor.

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
I don't see it as being a fixed number, more at the moderators' discretion. Topic drift is a natural phenomenon in discussions, and you have to be ready to tolerate some of it. My feeling is that if an off-topic post isn't a total non sequitur, and it's constructive even if not directly related to the topic, I'm going to err on the side of letting the poster be heard. Even if it sends the thread off on a tangent, that's OK by me: that's how discussions work. But if it's nothing to do with the topic, or spammy or incendiary, I want to know about it right away so it can be taken care of before feelings are hurt.

In other words, "I'll lock it if it looks like a debate is leading to the conclusion that Oblivion IS a worse RPG than Gothic 3/Dark Messiah/Need For Speed Underground".

Cthulhugoat

Arbiter
They could make such a game on the Nintendo DS, or even GBA, and it could potentially kick ass. In fact, in this day and age if they announced Fallout DS I'd be more interested in it than the PC/Console version.

Think of the possibilities... Final Fallout!

Blahblah Talks

Arbiter
JarlFrank said:
And if it reaches too many posts it is locked because of some fucking retarted reason. Just after reaching a certain level of discussion it is locked, and [insert interesting thread name here] number two must be made. That's the most ridiculous shit I've ever seen on any forum, apart from their auto censor.
That's a hold-over from the old forum software I believe. Apparently, once threads got very large, they put a large strain on the servers (poorly coded queries?) so they arbitrarily limited threads to 200 posts. They upgraded the software and hardware, but kept this rule. In their defense, I haven't seen many threads that needed more than 200 posts, although I haven't been there in ages. I suppose it's probably worse now though (ie. even less threads worthy of 200 posts.)

HardCode

Erudite
In that Fallout thread:

Talaran said:
I have my suspicions that this thread isn't going to manage to last very long.

I hope that you all can prove me wrong, and actually manage to have a discussion that stays within the forum rules.

I do doubt it, though.

So, a moronic ESF moderator warning about a thread with nothing in it to warn about? Fag.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
HardCode said:
In that Fallout thread:

Talaran said:
I have my suspicions that this thread isn't going to manage to last very long.

I hope that you all can prove me wrong, and actually manage to have a discussion that stays within the forum rules.

I do doubt it, though.

So, a moronic ESF moderator warning about a thread with nothing in it to warn about? Fag.

He smelled there is going to be criticism about Bethsoft. Every thread where anyone says anything bad about them gets closed immediately by those intolerant fucks.

Kingston said:
Will someone please pwn these people:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... pic=634850

how can you say oblivion is not an RPG? oblivion has everything (well almost) that RP games have. leveling, creating your character, equiping your characters.

I just don't get it anymore. Was there a mass global genocide was commited recently?

Hell, I feel like I woken up in a post nuclear world, where everyone is dumb and stupid and they are hunting down people who can think.

It feels like a giant machine came while everyone was asleep and killed all the people who played RPG games before and wiped the memory of everyone and disabled a crucial DNA molecule, which will disable constructive thinking.

my post:

I don't know why, Oblivion is always compared to Morrowind. Who gives a damn about Morrowind? I don't. Both games have giants faults.

Why can't we compare Oblivion to ....a collection of good RPG games out there? There are RPG games made well before Morrowind or ..Daggerfall. There got to be a main-overall-'how it should be' theme, no?

Let's gather up the most memorable, highest claimed, most popular RPGs (watch out, it goes all the way to the '70s) and let's compare it to them and see how it stands up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom