Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Cthulhugoat

Arbiter
Admiral jimbob said:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=638854&st=0

WTF is wrong with that... thing?

Cthulhu: Why

Daniel: ...

Cthulhu: am I

Daniel: ...

Cthulhu: WRITING LIKE THIS?!

Same for that stupid Rainer furry. And I thought aweigh/TWD were nucking futs.

MacBone

Scholar
Son, you deserve to be bitch slapped. Ol' Schizo is one of the last signs of intelligent life in the ESF.

Vipera

Scholar
Admiral jimbob said:
I assumed it was female from its wild, illogical rants about how much Gothic 3 sucks being fuelled by the fact that women aren't treated equally in its medieval society. Hm.
It was actually Dorian Ertymexx who did that. Rayadrel was his opponent.

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
Vipera said:
Admiral jimbob said:
I assumed it was female from its wild, illogical rants about how much Gothic 3 sucks being fuelled by the fact that women aren't treated equally in its medieval society. Hm.
It was actually Dorian Ertymexx who did that. Rayadrel was his opponent.

What? Rayadrel's the one who hates G3 because it's misogynist. Take a look back through this thread if you don't believe me.

Solomon Doone

Novice
Admiral jimbob said:

That's odd, I wasn't aware that women had equal status in medieval societies - even up until 100 or so years ago we hadn't even gotten close to equal status for women.

neuromantik

Scholar
Admiral jimbob said:
...Yes, you are. Dorian loves G3. Rayadrel hates it. Rayadrel hates it because it deameans women. There's an example thread a couple of pages back, look.

Indeed... her/his/its rants never end... Voila!

I wonder what her/his/its opinion of Planescape: Torment is...

Solomon Doone said:
Admiral jimbob said:

That's odd, I wasn't aware that women had equal status in medieval societies - even up until 100 or so years ago we hadn't even gotten close to equal status for women.

Indeed. Gothic is a perfectly accurate portrayal, as far as I'm concerned; particularly in the first one, which is set mostly in a prison camp where women are used as trade goods. But IT'S MISOGYNIST!!!1

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Admiral jimbob said:
Solomon Doone said:
Admiral jimbob said:

Indeed. Gothic is a perfectly accurate portrayal, as far as I'm concerned; particularly in the first one, which is set mostly in a prison camp where women are used as trade goods. But IT'S MISOGYNIST!!!1

Rayadrel is actually the one who said Gothic 3 sucks as an RPG because you can't create your own character. His/her/its argument: "A male orc would do things different than a female elf would do, do it's stupid to be forced into a role"
The funny thing is that in Gothic 3 you can actually join the orcs even if you are a human. Indeed, you have a lot more customization than in Oblivion, you actually have choices and consequences.

He/she/it doesn't get it though because it has the opinion that RPGs are not RPGs if you cannot choose how big your eyebrows are. Stupidity.

MacBone

Scholar
Ahzaruuk said:
Awww. You guys are too nice. :oops:

Although granted, I've stopped doing 3rd person/MPD style posts for the time being.
Sorry, Azz, but I wasn't referring to you, although the fake Rainer's good for a few laughs.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
MacBone said:
Ahzaruuk said:
Awww. You guys are too nice. :oops:

Although granted, I've stopped doing 3rd person/MPD style posts for the time being.
Sorry, Azz, but I wasn't referring to you, although the fake Rainer's good for a few laughs.
So I was told.

It was the flow of the conversation that messed me up. :neutral:

JarlFrank said:
Admiral jimbob said:
Solomon Doone said:
Admiral jimbob said:

Rayadrel is actually the one who said Gothic 3 sucks as an RPG because you can't create your own character. His/her/its argument: "A male orc would do things different than a female elf would do, do it's stupid to be forced into a role"
The funny thing is that in Gothic 3 you can actually join the orcs even if you are a human. Indeed, you have a lot more customization than in Oblivion, you actually have choices and consequences.

He/she/it doesn't get it though because it has the opinion that RPGs are not RPGs if you cannot choose how big your eyebrows are. Stupidity.

Green mustache for good roleplaying imo.

neuromantik

Scholar
Admiral jimbob said:
Green mustache for good roleplaying imo.

Indeed... Stupidissimo went off the cliff :

Rayandrel said:
A true RPG has both. Both. B-O-T-H.
Character customisation on a character that's set in stone makes no sense.
Big burly man becomes Paladin. Okay.. same big burly man becomes ranger.. huh? Same big burly man can also become mage. Eh??

So Planescape: Torment is not a true RPG according to Stupidissimo.

And once again, the bitter angry (assumed male) feminist came out :

Referring to the Gothic 3 programmers :
Rayandrel said:
Tough. They are imbeciles. They're nothing but semi-talented misogynist fools who think women should be the property of men. They like forcing the character they created on players for no other reason than their own ego.
They're detestable cretins and I'm not afraid of saying as much. I hope they never make another Gothic game, or any game for that matter again.
And Gothic 3 players :
Rayandrel said:
I'm sure many do love it.
It is empowering in this day and age to play a game where men are so firmly in control, is it not?
Sad really.

So sad...

Maybe it was my background of playing AD&D since 1982, but I couldn't see my character's clothes and facial features... so what I could do was play my character's personality according to the role I had crafted. I can assume that Stupidissimo was playing with Barbie as a child... so that has forever scarred him/her/it for life... leaving nothing but a bitter angry feminist in control of what otherwise might have come out as a normal human.

So remember kids... it's not about how you play the game, it's about how anime you can make your female elf look!

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
Tough. They are imbeciles. They're nothing but semi-talented misogynist fools who think women should be the property of men. They like forcing the character they created on players for no other reason than their own ego.
They're detestable cretins and I'm not afraid of saying as much. I hope they never make another Gothic game, or any game for that matter again.

Wow, I've seen some pretty retarded things over there in my time, but that has to be about the worst.
Would this logic not make Bethesda racists (or at least wannabe racists) for pimping the 'some races always hate others' crap in Oblivion (even if it was bollocks)?

Vipera

Scholar
Admiral jimbob said:
...Yes, you are. Dorian loves G3. Rayadrel hates it. Rayadrel hates it because it deameans women. There's an example thread a couple of pages back, look.
Ah, Dorian says Oblivion is sexist, not Gothic. My mistake.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom