Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

thesoup

Arcane
Ed is actually Wizardry and this is how he tries to cover his tracks.

You almost had us, Ed.

Coyote

Arcane
RK47 said:
http://skyrimpatchnotes.com/

:lol: Some of those are pretty good.

I'm not seeing the one corvus quoted, though. On testing, it appears that it selects a random set of "fixes" every time you access the page.

MMXI

Arcane
Ed123 said:
Honestly, that Wizardry guy just seems annoying. I understand why you guys suck him off though.
Just out of interest, do you like Alpha Protocol or New Vegas at all?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
ALPHA PROTOCOL WAS A GOOD GAME

Kind of. Well, not really. It had its moments. And Scarlet was p. hot. Anyway I liked it.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
To be fair, it's probably the best thing Gaider ever wrote, so his desire to repeat it is understandable.
Yeah?
You refuse to accept the presence of X in your beloved game, or any game for that matter, and begin a bitter campaign to convince everyone else that it is the travesty you think it is. If you play the game, you are determined to hate it– and voila! You do! Possibly you hang out on RPG Codex.
I don't even understand what he's trying to say...
You love a game but ignore the presence of X (which I assume is some shitty aspect) --> Sounds like any fanboy.
After that it makes no sense. You start a camaign to make others hate the game you love as much as you hate it. If you play the game you love you are determined to hate it... What is this? I don't even-

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Shannow said:
After that it makes no sense. You start a camaign to make others hate the game you love as much as you hate it. If you play the game you love you are determined to hate it... What is this? I don't even-
It's Gaider trying his hand at sarcasm. And as we all know sarcasm and text medium...

(I know, the sarcasm thing was Laidlaw, but I couldn't resist)

Captain Shrek

MMXI said:
Ed123 said:
Honestly, that Wizardry guy just seems annoying. I understand why you guys suck him off though.

I loved both.

Why?

New vegas had excellent quest design and a good story.

Alpha protocol had a very good nice choice and consequences implementation.

MMXI

Arcane
Sceptic said:
OK I'll bite, I loved Alpha Protocol.
Captain Shrek said:
I loved both.

Why?

New vegas had excellent quest design and a good story.

Alpha protocol had a very good nice choice and consequences implementation.
I wasn't talking to you two. I think you've both missed the point of the question...

Wizardry said:
Well, at least it apparently has turn-based combat. That’s the only good thing I can say about it. Probably automatically makes it a better RPG than Alpha Protocol and New Vegas.
Ed123 said:
MMXI said:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
MMXI said:
I wasn't talking to you two. I think you've both missed the point of the question...
I know you weren't talking to us, but I thought I got the point anyway. Unless you Wizardry was being sarcastic with that statement.

The reason I replied is that I can think Wizardry is a BRO and still like AP THIS MUCH.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Majestic47 said:
I hate Blob-RPG. It's unrealistic. You're like a dude with 6 heads or something.
It's like you are abstracting what happens in the real world into representation meant only for a game.

Which is just like every game ever made.

And it's not like hit points, armour class, to hit armour class zero,.etc were ever realistic in the first place. I don't get the big deal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom