Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Better, than the test site, blander than the past.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Also, I just noticed that you can now click button ratings to see who gave them, but only when on peoples' profiles. Weird.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Funny fact, DU mentioned recently that most of the time he accesses the Codex these days, it's on mobile. I guess he's unwanted too now.

The idea is to make the forums usable for both desktop and mobile use. There is no reason not to make minor tweaks to improve the mobile experience when it can be done. Both platforms have their strengths and weaknesses, but preferring one over another is no reason to want to ignore the other when you know that a considerable number of people are using it. We don't have a separate mobile site, the forum style just works with mobiles as well.
Is this a joke? The new design is unusable on mobile. It's like an eye cage. It's no longer accessible on a phone unless you're 15 or younger. My eyes can't take this, nobody's can.

How can you stand there and say "the style works with mobiles" while knowing it's a lie? And the complete gall to say it's a problem with the user's monitor settings etc...

You either make a different mobile site, or just say upfront you no longer officially support accessing the site from a phone (call it "incline") because this "solution" right now is to make both the desktop and the mobile experience horrible.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I love how every time this happens on any forum the admin gets bitched at for a non paying job until they eventually quit the forum years later due to being tired of fucking with nonsense for ungrateful people. Granted Taluntain gets a little too uppity from time to time and this whole thing looks ugly and is not working properly but what it has been a day or two?

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Is this a joke? The new design is unusable on mobile. It's like an eye cage. It's no longer accessible on a phone unless you're 15 or younger. My eyes can't take this, nobody's can.

How can you stand there and say "the style works with mobiles" while knowing it's a lie? And the complete gall to say it's a problem with the user's monitor settings etc...

You either make a different mobile site, or just say upfront you no longer officially support accessing the site from a phone (call it "incline") because this "solution" right now is to make both the desktop and the mobile experience horrible.

*sigh*

As mentioned several times in this thread, Twiglard edited the original style DU bought. His changes messed up mobile. He has yet to fix it. Barking up the wrong tree again.

Lemon

Arcane

I agree.

It’s annoying to the point where I didn’t
browse any threads today. It’s a chore to read now.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I love how every time this happens on any forum the admin gets bitched at for a non paying job until they eventually quit the forum years later due to being tired of fucking with nonsense for ungrateful people. Granted Taluntain gets a little too uppity from time to time and this whole thing looks ugly and is not working properly but what it has been a day or two?
Officially, it's only been 14 hours. Site went live 1 am my time this morning (which is when the basic conversions were done enough that we could open with the bare minimum, after being closed for 12 hours) and it's just after 3 pm now.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
NOT GOOD ENOUGH. WE WANT OUR SOFTWARE SO OLD THE SITE GETS HACKED WHEN WE LOG IN. Also all of you guys whining about mobile version I guarantee you use the shit and I don't so I am cooler than you.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I'd be ok if the Codex died now. I'm emotionally ready for it. The same way you'd be emotionally ready to pull the plug on a family member after he splits his face open with a self-inflicted shotgun blast.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I'd be ok if the Codex died now. I'm emotionally ready for it. The same way you'd be emotionally ready to pull the plug on a family member after he splits his face open with a self-inflicted shotgun blast.

You joined the site because of Donald Trump so go kill yourself before you rate me cuck again you piece of shit.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
You joined the site because of Donald Trump so go kill yourself before you rate me cuck again you piece of shit.
Bruh, do you even know me? I joined because I wanted to talk about RPGs.

The fact that you looked at my 2016 join date and immediately assumed DRUMPF says a lot about you.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
No I don't and I don't care.

DFj0tLO.png

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Taluntain said:
I made the reactions icon (brofist) clickable to make it consistent with the alerts button now.
This is not a good change. The less clicks the better.
Not only is an extra click required for any button rating, but also the list of button ratings was re-arranged substantially from what it had been but without any improvement in terms of grouping together related buttons.

vimshb.png

Note that my copium rating was added after the :feelsgoodman: rating, which made sense, and they are still grouped together. However, some other pairs or larger groupings have been broken up, such as the creative and artistic ratings being consecutive or the animated doggy and kitty ratings being consecutive.

Some suggested groupings that make sense:
feelsgoodman.png
codex_copium.png
honkhonk.png

thinking.png
interesting.png
informative.png

:creative: that I can't seem to view
artistic.png

rating_mca.gif
rating_sawyer.gif
slamdunk.png

rating_shittydog.gif
cat.gif
:excited:
sheep.png
koala.png
owl.png
thatsanelephant.png

yes.png
no.png
:agree: :disagree: :thumbs down:
meh.png

rating_retarded.png
rating_butthurt.png
rating_shit.png
rating_racist.png
cuck.png
upyours.png
npc.png

iseewhatyoudid.png
cool_story_bro.png
fishy.png

rating_negativeman.png
sad.gif

love.png
cheers.png

rating_lulz.gif
sweatonmybrow.png
smug.png

rating_prosper.png
edgy.png
icon_rolleyes.gif
stop.png
crazyrobot.gif
quality_shit.png
issues.png
thoth.png

:wow:
slurp.png
7e7e7.png
RetardedDancingDonut.gif

rating_thanks.png
:useful:
nice.png

rating_oldman.png
:bad spelling:
rating_citation.png
tldr.png
fakenews.png
BrokenImage.png
piracy.png
math_count.png

rating_agenda.png
participationtrophy.png
howdareyou.png
flanders.png
fedora.png
:fabulously optimistic:
incline.png
decline.png

mystery.png
aliens.png

deusvult.png
absolutelyharam.png
rating_ccp.png

wtfamireading.png
facepalm.png

crispy.gif
claydavis.png

rating_salute.gif
rating_prestigious.png

doritos.png
dollars.png

thering.png
makeawish.png

button.png
time.png

rating_rage.gif
nuke2.png
kingcomrade.png
cacodemon.png
TrumpDisgusting.png

popamole.png
doyouevenlift.png

TrumpSmug.png
TrumpYuge.png
TrumpBestDeal.png
TrumpWTF.png
TrumpLove.png
TrumpWall.png
TrumpWin.png
TrumpYes.png
TrumpYoureFired.png
biden2020.png

The parrot :M
wally_the_prestigious_monocled_bird.gif
is the god of the Codex and should be either the first or last button ratings displayed, as should the venerable brofist.
rating_brofist.png
goldenbrofist.png

Generic-Giant-Spider

I wish this redesign happened four years ago so I could come here and go, "wow this site looks really gay and ugly" and never register. I'd probably have ended up on Kiwifarms or something, hatewatching happily with other reprobates and talking about how twisted and senile DarksydePhil is while tracking his every hair follicle.

You robbed me of my best years.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
1JPNvBy.jpg

How do I remove these? What's up with this shit? Design looks like it's from one of them news sites that reports on twitter drama... wait.

CTRL + to increase width and CTRL - to decrease width is standard in both Mozilla and Opera. So I would be very surprised if it didn't work for you. But of course it's easier to whine about the default not scaling to your level.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Bunch of crybabies, the site looks alright and I'm sure it will look great in a couple of weeks, just give it some time.

Sent from my Soyphone 666 using Tapatalk

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom