Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Better, than the test site, blander than the past.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
i have privacy option that tells people if im online unchecked but i still see a gay little green circl on my profile in forum post telling ppl im online
Nobody else sees it. The system treats you as online in your end.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I'm not a fan of the Profile layout. There's too much width compared to the classic style of the left half having info, and the right half having the comments and such.

That aside, I've gotten fairly used to the new look.
EDIT: It helps A LOT that many classic features were brought back.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
For a while I thought the button parade was gone. That one brief moment of happiness was fun while it lasted.

Quoting seems painfully clumsy now. Too many clicks, especially if you want to reply to just one particular part of a post.

Modron

Arcane
For a while I thought the button parade was gone. That one brief moment of happiness was fun while it lasted.

Quoting seems painfully clumsy now. Too many clicks, especially if you want to reply to just one particular part of a post.
Yeah BB code mode is easier to take quotes apart but it also disables all the convenient buttons. Pick your poison.

Could you guys make it so embeds and all the other buttons work in BB mode?

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
This is going to come as a revelation to you, but we've had one-click replies with quote for about 10 years or so now. Simply select any part of the text that you want to quote in a post and click on the "Reply" link that appears in the tooltip. You'll immediately be whisked down to the editor and the selected text will already be conveniently quoted for you. Repeat as often as necessary.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Looks like some avatars have fucked up transparency now:

8063.jpg
19581.jpg

Many others are fine though.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
The desktop themes need left-justified avatars/names/titles, don’t they?
New centered alignment is better because... reasons.

Though frankly, I don't care. The Codex is now at a "good for it is" stage (and modders will fix it).

Good work on the header though. Surprised that we didn't have to reinvent the wheel there and just used the old header.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
My Son always said "that monster looks funny" now I am closing the window ASAP when I have the 'dex open.
To perfectly replicate OldDex, button ratings such as the parrot should be limited vertically to 22 pixels, starting at the top of these images. For some reason, NewDex had been limiting the parrot horizontally, which hadn't been the case earlier, and was also imposing a greater vertical restriction than before. However, in fixing this, the vertical restriction was entirely removed so that now the button ratings box expands vertically to fully accommodate these larger animated images. I didn't want to complain about this, since I'm the one who urged freeing the parrot in the first place. :M

Unwanted

†††

Patron
At this point we should point out stuff that affects functionality and leave purely aesthetic considerations aside (or for later), as those are mostly fixable with Stylus.

CSS:
/* username and title on the left */

.message-name {
    text-align: left;
}

.message-userTitle {
}

/* avatars on the left */
.message-avatar {
}

Screenshot from 2022-06-22 00-04-54.png
Screenshot from 2022-06-22 00-05-38.png

This mimicks the old style. Personally I prefer centered alignment but to each its own.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Nobody except you seems to be bothered by it.
Just because nobody brought it up doesn't mean nobody's bothered by it. I don't understand why you have to act so passive-aggressive. Or should we have a poll about every change so you can than dismiss it.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Just because nobody brought it up doesn't mean nobody's bothered by it. I don't understand why you have to act so passive-aggressive. Or should we have a poll about every change so you can than dismiss it.
Given that nobody brought this up in more than a week with 50 pages of a million complaints, it was safe to assume that nobody was bothered by it, wouldn't you say? People only started voicing complaints after the first one was posted a few hours ago, not before. Clearly it wasn't that big of a deal for anyone.

So your accusation of me acting passive-aggressive is really off the mark. Plus the zoom's been turned off like minutes after a few people complained because nobody really cared about it. So what are you even complaining about?

agris

Arcane
Patron
At this point we should point out stuff that affects functionality and leave purely aesthetic considerations aside (or for later), as those are mostly fixable with Stylus.

CSS:
/* username and title on the left */

.message-name {
}

.message-userTitle {
}

/* avatars on the left */
.message-avatar {
}

View attachment 25424View attachment 25425

This mimicks the old style. Personally I prefer centered alignment but to each its own.

Looks so much better :D

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
Given that nobody brought this up in more than a week with 50 pages of a million complaints, it was safe to assume that nobody was bothered by it, wouldn't you say?
For the record, I like the new forum better (although I miss a few features which will no doubt drop by shortly).

This being said, your epistemological process is confusing. Just because something isn’t brought in the first 50 pages doesn’t = nobody cares. Maybe it means there were more pressing matters to comment on and as thing are getting fixed, more feedback is provided to keep improving on what’s there. As mentioned before, I think you got way too much shit for upgrading the forum but you seem to consider your interpretations as undeniable facts, it’s like you don’t ever doubt your own subjectivity and judgment. It’s your forum, you can set it up as you wish but do tend to draw hasty conclusions at times about what the community wants.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Given that nobody brought this up in more than a week with 50 pages of a million complaints, it was safe to assume that nobody was bothered by it, wouldn't you say?
For the record, I like the new forum better (although I miss a few features which will no doubt drop by shortly).

This being said, your epistemological process is confusing. Just because something isn’t brought in the first 50 pages doesn’t = nobody cares. Maybe it means there were more pressing matters to comment on and as thing are getting fixed, more feedback is provided to keep improving on what’s there. As mentioned before, I think you got way too much shit for upgrading the forum but you seem to consider your interpretations as undeniable facts, it’s like you don’t ever doubt your own subjectivity and judgment. It’s your forum, you can set it up as you wish but do tend to draw hasty conclusions at times about what the community wants.
Please don't make shit up. What I actually wrote was "Nobody except you seems to be bothered by it."

Note the SEEMS in that sentence. I made an assumption based on the fact that not a single complaint over this was voiced in 8 days, which I considered safe. But even so I still left room for doubt.

Now, if I'd written "Nobody except you is bothered by it.", I'd agree with your criticism. But as it is, you're just reading into it what you want to see, not what's actually there or what was intended.

Blaza

Educated
I may have missed this but is there any way we can have an option to turn off the top bar following your scrolling? It's weird to have a static thing following while scrolling.

Blaza

Educated
Useful yeah I am just not a fan. If I'm alone in this I'm sure I can figure out a way to get it to stop. I was asking because other xenforo forums don't have it so I figured it could be an option that could be exposed

EDIT:
I should probably clarify I was asking about a per user option not for the entire site or default

Last edited:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Sometimes when going to view a thread with images that you will jump to the image and not to the new post. I don't know if it has to do with the loading of the image and the actual jump to the new post. I noticed this with my WEG Star Wars thread in The Gazebo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom