Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Better, than the test site, blander than the past.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Sometimes when going to view a thread with images that you will jump to the image and not to the new post. I don't know if it has to do with the loading of the image and the actual jump to the new post. I noticed this with my WEG Star Wars thread in The Gazebo.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
This could be a browser issue. Try selecting the full url in your browser's url bar and hitting Enter the next time it happens and it should jump to the right spot.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Taluntain's new Tips and Tricks thread gives me the slowdown bug. Opened it again while looking at Task Manager and it looks like it increases CPU usage by 20% and makes GPU usage jump from 1% to 99%.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
That's OSK's successful attempt at getting banned by again posting content that he knows crashes the page, or rather slows it down to being unusable. And this was after DU warned him about that already. Anyway, being fixed right now.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
I may have missed this but is there any way we can have an option to turn off the top bar following your scrolling? It's weird to have a static thing following while scrolling.

Useful yeah I am just not a fan. If I'm alone in this I'm sure I can figure out a way to get it to stop. I was asking because other xenforo forums don't have it so I figured it could be an option that could be exposed

EDIT:
I should probably clarify I was asking about a per user option not for the entire site or default
With Stylus:
CSS:
.p-navSticky {
    position: static;
}

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Quoting seems painfully clumsy now. Too many clicks, especially if you want to reply to just one particular part of a post.
Selecting part of the post to quote it works the same as before. No need to edit anything.
Useful yeah I am just not a fan. If I'm alone in this I'm sure I can figure out a way to get it to stop. I was asking because other xenforo forums don't have it so I figured it could be an option that could be exposed

EDIT:
I should probably clarify I was asking about a per user option not for the entire site or default
Use Stylus or even just uBlock Origin to disable it.
Code:
##.p-navSticky.is-sticky

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This center alignment for avatars and names is 100% GEH.

But I agree, getting functionality back is more important that slight aesthetikkk tweaks.

Like, for example, fix the Tapatalk support. How am I supposed to shitpost while taking a shit? Using the mobile site? Like an animal?

motherfucker

Educated
9ypha1.png

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
If any of you with JS or other web design experience can help with fixing Froala editor's behavior with regard to nested quotes, it would be much appreciated.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
There's special handling of Shift+Backspace and Shift+Delete. It might fix some of quote-editing woes, at least partially. Try using it to delete stuff before quotes while having the cursor at the beginning of the quote, or toward the quote when being right outside of it.

Naraya

Arcane
I have a question. I'm not a webdeveloper by any means but would it be possible to enable emoji support in posts? Is it deliberate that it doesn't work?

What I mean is: I write a comment and press Win+. which naturally opens up a popup with emojis, I select one but it doesn't appear in the post after clicking the reply button (it *does* appear while typing).

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
What content exactly?
If I told you, I'd have to kill you. At least until we prevent the possibility of doing it again.

@Taluntain when will tags get implemented?
Soon, I hope.

I liked the slight zoom when mousing over ratings.
I'm sure a lot of people did, but unfortunately features here often tend to get shot down prematurely.

Like, for example, fix the Tapatalk support. How am I supposed to shitpost while taking a shit? Using the mobile site? Like an animal?
See the Tapatalk thread, push support is now part of the forum core. But I'm probably going to install Tapatalk too anyway as they're likely going to kill our account there otherwise, they're already sending out threatening emails. Meh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom