Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Better, than the test site, blander than the past.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
P-please... stop changing the ratings box dimensions... everything gets shifted... I was already struggling to remember the new order of buttons, but it seems to change every day... I'm old
rating_prosper.png
... this is another shoah for 30 year old boomers...
rating_negativeman.png

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
P-please... stop changing the ratings box dimensions... everything gets shifted... I was already struggling to remember the new order of buttons, but it seems to change every day... I'm old
rating_prosper.png
... this is another shoah for 30 year old boomers...
rating_negativeman.png
There shouldn't be further messing with the rating box because now within it all ratings have a max height of 25.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
There shouldn't be further messing with the rating box because now within it all ratings have a max height of 25.
There are still some things with the new box that tickle my autism. Such as Decline and Incline being in opposite ends... or brofist, which was in the center of everything as God intended but now it's not. Anyway it's your choice, chief.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
brofist, which was in the center of everything as God intended but now it's not
If an admin manages to reorder ratings to make sense, I can think of using some CSS selector hacks to separate groups of ratings. This should ease the burden of rating.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Sidebar profile post feed now removes images. This was proposed earlier due to the possibility of obscene content being fully visible to site guests. You can make the images visible again via Stylus:
CSS:
.p-body-sidebar div.block[data-widget-definition="new_profile_posts"] .contentRow .contentRow-faderContent img {
    display: inline-block !important;
}

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Why do quote or new post alerts ask me to click thread name while reaction alerts ask me to click "your post"? It's annoying because it means you have to zoom the mouse back and forth between them when opening a couple 'tabs.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Why do quote or new post alerts ask me to click thread name while reaction alerts ask me to click "your post"? It's annoying because it means you have to zoom the mouse back and forth between them when opening a couple 'tabs.
true, although, it also works to just click on the 'empty' space of the alert, so that's a kinda workaround ... (edit: more precisely, clicking on anything but the linked username works. which brings up an interesting question: why is the username linked at all?)

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
The button where it transported you at the first post in a thread that you didn't read (newest post), will make a comeback?

It was very useful.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Any and all functionality should be easily accessible by keyboard for the kings that browse their internet via the keyboard, using qutebrowser or vim vixen, etc...

Also RSS feeds for threads would be nice. Xenforo2 has them but I can't seem to access them via a boomeresque clickable button.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Please get rid of the arrows on mobile. You can easily misclick them and they're not even necessary when there are only 25 posts per page.

Semiurge

Cipher
The ratings bar looks fine now that the buttons are all aligned evenly to the bottom, and so the tall ones only go over the upper edge.

Twiglard has anyone even looked at how the old avatar selector gallery could be integrated into nuDex?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
We're working on it. XF2 doesn't auto pull user info out like XF1 did, so we have to do some shit so it gets the fields we need. Which we can then check and disable ads.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
We're working on it. XF2 doesn't auto pull user info out like XF1 did, so we have to do some shit so it gets the fields we need. Which we can then check and disable ads.
Also pretty low prio one and I assume along the same lines, but I'm guessing some sort of stats function is on the todo list?

It was quite useful to be able to see your forum participation %. Also would be awesome if the "most brofisted" was updated to show your most rated posts in general rather than just brofists.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom