Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Better, than the test site, blander than the past.

agris

Arcane
Patron
To the people who complained about lack of unread watched threads page. Is it working to your satisfaction now? Buying a 30$ addon for it can probably be avoided.

Pinging Jenkem, Yaar Podshipnik, ropulos.
I was one of them, and yeah it's good enough with these new changes.

Thanks!

Caim

Arcane
Clicking the WATCHED button now only shows the new threads you haven't seen yet instead of all the threads on your watchlist. Nice, this was still messed up.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
it doesn't though?

81F5rPb.png

url: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/watched/threads - I keep it pinned in my browser for easy access and refreshing it changes nothing

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
this is what clicking forum -> watched threads shows me now:

9zDRpEW.png

note the 'filters' Unread Threads, Watched Content.

let's look at the third thread listed for me:
MjPPbPX.png

notice how it isn't being watched? then why does it show up in the "watched threads" list? what is even being filtered? it's not even showing threads, it's labelled "new posts" in the header.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
notice how it isn't being watched? then why does it show up in the "watched threads" list? what is even being filtered? it's not even showing threads, it's labelled "new posts" in the header.
Did you use to watch it?

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
watched threads links to 'new posts' and shows threads that are not watched, like brand new threads with 0 replies.

forums -> watched threads links to the exact same page as
what's new -> new posts

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
watched threads links to 'new posts' and shows threads that are not watched, like brand new threads with 0 replies.

what's new -> new posts
I don't have this issue and have no idea why you do. Also when I replied earlier saying I was fine with the changes, I was on mobile and didn't realize the desktop site changed. I actually dislike the change on desktop a bunch. I normally just leave the watched threads page open and refresh it every so often, but with the new changes I have to click the watched link each time for the latest version. That's massive :decline:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik

what's new -> new posts
I don't have this issue and have no idea why you do. Also when I replied earlier saying I was fine with the changes, I was on mobile and didn't realize the desktop site changed. I actually dislike the change on desktop a bunch. I normally just leave the watched threads page open and refresh it every so often, but with the new changes I have to click the watched link each time for the latest version. That's massive :decline:

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/watched/threads

still works how it did earlier (with fully read threads dimmed/not highlighted) you have to go there manually though, there are no longer any links to it

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
here's what I get when I just click "watched"

JarjUJB.png

the only thread I'm actually watching is the first one about WW3.... I haven't even fucking opened any of the others at any point.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Maybe because you're using the old link you bookmarked instead of https://rpgcodex.net/forums/whats-new/posts/?watched=1&unread=1 which clicking watched leads you to now?
and as I've demonstrated above those include threads which are not even watched, so it's not a "watched threads" list at all.
Strange, works for me.

Untitled.png

You can see an absolute lack of threads about blobbers. Because they're not watched.
the only thread I'm actually watching is the first one about WW3.... I haven't even fucking opened any of the others at any point.
Open these threads, then see that the button on the top right actually says 'Unwatch' rather than 'Watch'.

Anyway I added 'all watched threads' as another nav menu option.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
Maybe because you're using the old link you bookmarked instead of https://rpgcodex.net/forums/whats-new/posts/?watched=1&unread=1 which clicking watched leads you to now?
and as I've demonstrated above those include threads which are not even watched, so it's not a "watched threads" list at all.
Strange, works for me.

View attachment 26822

You can see an absolute lack of threads about blobbers. Because they're not watched.
Open these threads, then see that the button on the top right actually says 'Unwatch' rather than 'Watch'.

I'm having the same issue as Jenkem. Theads I do not watch appear. They even have the alert icon next to them in this view, but when you click on the thread it is clear that it is not watched (i.e. "watch" can be clicked, there is no "unwatch").

edit: also, when I click "Filter" and reapply the same options, the list shifts some but still unwatched threads appear, despite setting "Watched" as a filter.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Strange, works for me.

View attachment 26822

i already showed evidence that a thread wasn't watched in an earlier post. none of these are watched. but here is more since every staff member refuses to believe this:

here's a shot of the top few threads from the old url that isn't linked: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/watched/threads edit: i see it is now under 'all watched threads' or something

4K102Ho.png

yes all of these are watched by me

now let's look at 'new posts' or whatever "watched threads" in the banner links to now:

9yukdqq.png

same time, notice the last post in the roe thread was written "1 minute ago" by Fatty in both pictures. this also happens to be the only one listed that I follow, the other five I do not, and in some cases have never even looked at them once.

re: blobber threads, perhaps they aren't showing up because there aren't new posts made. it's not good evidence that it isn't happening to you. the alert icons are fraudulent. again, you can compare the pictures and see that the only thread that matches is roe just got aborted, which I watch. the next thread I watch, chronologically by posts, would be the ukraine thread, which I cut off in my 2nd pic though I should have left it in to illustrate it even better. But you get the gist of it by comparing the two as is.

curious.

Last edited:

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
same time, notice the last post in the roe thread was written "1 minute ago" by Fatty in both pictures. this also happens to be the only one listed that I follow, the other five I do not, and in some cases have never even looked at them once.
Are you sure you aren't watching an entire forum?

agris

Arcane
Patron
Are you sure you aren't watching an entire forum?
That must be it for me. You need a way to distinguish watched threads from watched forums.

Watching a forum is a good way to catch new threads via an alert, but is obviously not useful for someone who wants to keep up with watched threads. To say it another way, watched should not be an inherited status that can pass from forum to thread.

XF 1.0 could handle this distinction, seems like 2.0 struggles.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
yes I watch forums to be alerted to new threads that are posted in said forum, if thread is interesting I engage it and watch it, if it isn't interesting then I ignore it. This functionality worked perfectly fine for years. The idea of watching a forum for posts doesn't make sense to me as I see the hierarchy as follows Forum -> Thread -> Post. The concept of being shown a post in an unwatched thread, but in a watched forum is absolutely stupid.

Neighborhood watches keep their eyes on the street, not inside individual homes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom