Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Better, than the test site, blander than the past.

gaussgunner

Arcane
Looks good on the desktop, but on mobile there is a lot empty space to the right on the What's New page. Also, is the folder icon supposed to be on top of the avatar images on that page?
That's not the case for me with regard to both complaints:

View attachment 26552
has anyone figured out why some avatar folders converted from PNG to JPG and fucked up transparency because of that? The AoD avatars are one example.
Please link to a post of a user that's been affected.
This is what it looks like in Brave:

View attachment 26570

The empty space to the right is gone though.

As to broken transparency, I already posted examples on the previous page. Currently affected user avatars: Parabalus, gaussgunner, Western and others.

Age of Decadence and Jagged Alliance avatars used to be PNG with transparency but are now JPG which does not support transparency.
Damn Jews messing up my avatar!! :argh:

Yeah, I just checked the folders too and these avatars all have transparency there. So I guess @Parabalus, @Western, @gaussgunner and others who have avatars with broken transparency should simply try to select their avatars from the gallery again.
Thanks, it worked.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Wait, how do you change your avatar? I thought that feature hadn't been added back yet.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
The original avatars aren't touched, XF is doing the user avatar image modification for every user upon avatar selection.
Because God forbid XF support non-JPG formats amirite.
I assume it's a safety measure against people using animated avatars. Normally it's not desirable for people to be able to upload animated avatars.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
This is what it looks like in Brave
Your screen resolution might be too small to display the page correctly in there first place. To verify this, you can see if there landscape orientation displays the unread widget properly. If it's doesn't, it means that you're right about the breakage.

Note to self: need to fix wrong left negative margin for the patron tag when I'm not on mobile.

Last edited:

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
As a workaround to the mobile arrow navigation overlapping the post reply button, that button is now drawn on top of the floating navigation arrows.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
The main 'dex page (primarily the news section) should now be readable on mobile. It's not perfect, but it's a very minimalist CSS style being applied without any changes to the site's code. If there are any elements that display completely incorrectly on mobile, please report it to me.

---

The main nav menu (i.e. news, content, gallery) should now work on mobile, but only inside the forum section. The idea is to polish it before asking for approval of adding it to the non-forum 'dex. You guys are great at finding flaws in things (RPGs, forum layout...) so why not crowdsource the development process.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Twiglard Taluntain The home page is all screwed up on my PC. Nothing shows on the right side (recent forum discussions, shoutbox, etc.). It's all squished up into the upper right corner. Catering to thumb warriors stinks!

1659350693956.png

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
@Twiglard @Taluntain The home page is all screwed up on my PC. Nothing shows on the right side (recent forum discussions, shoutbox, etc.). It's all squished up into the upper right corner. Catering to thumb warriors stinks!
It was a broken CSS statement. Of course the page is meant to only display like that on mobile.

The ugly part is that I managed to not only break it but also leave it like that for several hours.

To fix it on your end, refresh using Ctrl+Shift+R to fetch the newest CSS version.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Front page looks the same as it always did to me. Am I doing it wrong?

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Note to self: on mobile, news page's date headings are too small. I'm on mobile now myself but should be able to fix it today. Done.

Also installed a 24 hour time add-on, it's enabled on a per-user basis in the preferences menu.

Last edited:

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
To the people who complained about lack of unread watched threads page. Is it working to your satisfaction now? Buying a 30$ addon for it can probably be avoided.

Pinging Jenkem, Yaar Podshipnik, ropulos.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom