Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Better, than the test site, blander than the past.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
who are the "members only" supposed to be on the privacy options? Changed to that awhile ago and only people i stalk can post on my wall.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Besides "All visitors", the settings are "Members only", "People you stalk" and "Nobody". It's pretty clear. Viewing your profile and posting on it are two separate settings.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
@Twiglard would it be possible to make the media function accept twitter frontend URLs?
for example,
https://nitter.net/ChrisAvellone/status/1582058085517910023
so just detect if it ends in a /status/[0-9]{20,} and rewrite it to a twitter.com URL?
I think once upon a time nitter supported embedding. But even if it does now, it's a bad idea due to the rate limiting. Unless you want to set up a large caching instance specifically for people's embeds.

If we're writing plugins for xenforo then the more useful thing is slurping the tweet at the time of posting and embedding it directly in the post's text where the embed code was. Like substack does with shitter links.

What I'm doing personally with twitter.com, twimg, facebook and fbcdn is disable their cookie and site data permissions. But Firefox and Chrome should now have per-site containers for third-party cookies dependent upon the first-party domain, out of the box.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I added [sup] and [sub] tags for superscript and subscript. note the use of the [plain] tag to output these two tags literally without invoking them.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
it's there a way to implement when someone makes a poll vote to organize by # of votes from top to botton after voting? Would be easier to keep track of who's or what is winning.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Can you change the backend so adverts are querried and shown first. I hate when im on mobile, the website loads, i click a topic and different topic is loaded/clicked because adverts load up and push the topic list down.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
That's on the to-do to fix at some point, but it's not an issue of load order because the ads keep rotating and the layout shift happens on every rotation. The height of the ad spots needs to be set to a fixed height to prevent this from happening.

Was there a change made to the site recently? Since, I think Monday, the quick reply box you type in has just been gone for me. Just looks like a blank spot where it should be. Also, I noticed that when I click the “Rate” button it takes me to a whole other screen with the Bro Fist as the only option.

Had to sign in on something other than my old shitty iPad to make this post.

Blutwurstritter

Learned
A button to remove all ignores would be a convenient feature on the "Ignoring" User page. I thought the new year was a good point to clean my list and did it manually but a button to remove all ignores at once would have been very welcome.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I've suggested before that everyone's ignore lists should get cleared once a year automatically. Either on Christmas or on new year's day. Is that even possible though? Seems like it would be an easy script to make.

Delphik

I've suggested before that everyone's ignore lists should get cleared once a year automatically. Either on Christmas or on new year's day. Is that even possible though? Seems like it would be an easy script to make.
Why though?, I'm content with mine

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Because it would cause massive amounts of butthurt. It would probably lower the amount of ignoring going on overall by a lot too. Lots of people here get butthurt and put someone on ignore then forget about it, even if it's someone who's normally a good poster. Ignore lists are for butthurt cucks.

Delphik

Because it would cause massive amounts of butthurt. It would probably lower the amount of ignoring going on overall by a lot too. Lots of people here get butthurt and put someone on ignore then forget about it, even if it's someone who's normally a good poster. Ignore lists are for butthurt cucks.

You don't seem like a good poster so I don't know why you're so butthurt about it.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Twiglard could you improve how quoted images, that are hosted by the forum itself, appear on mobile?

IMG_6798.jpeg

This comment looks this way, on mobile. Clicking the link takes you to a new tab just with the image displayed. Ideally, it just displays correctly in the quote like a normal hotlinked image.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom