Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Beyond Good & Evil 2

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Ubisoft said:
The world – or rather worlds – of Beyond Good & Evil are back on the horizon with the unveiling of Beyond Good and Evil 2, a prequel and spiritual successor to the beloved 2003 classic. Helmed once again by developer Michel Ancel, Beyond Good and Evil 2 invites players to explore System 3, a vast solar system and a hub of interstellar colonization and commerce in the 24th century – and fans have a chance to help shape it by taking a role in the development process.

System 3, as it turns out, is a place where limited resources are viciously warred over by various private enterprises. The struggle for survival amid a rich milieu of evolved species and diverse cultures from Old Earth creates an ideal environment for space piracy, as a new generation of captains rise up to carve out a piece of the galaxy for themselves.

As you rise from lowly pirate to legendary captain, you’ll traverse System 3 at light speed to explore freely on your own or with friends. Presenting its solar system as a massive, seamless online environment, Beyond Good and Evil 2 gives players the chance to dive into the foundations of the franchise’s universe while traveling between diverse planets and moons in search of adventure.

“We know the expectations for Beyond Good and Evil 2 are enormous,” says Creative Director Michel Ancel. “We’re creating a sci-fi space opera, a game where players fight for freedom alongside unforgettable characters and explore a stunning and vast solar system, all while capturing the spirit of Beyond Good and Evil.”

Ancel wants your help to do it, too. The Beyond Good and Evil 2 team at Ubisoft Montpellier is looking for fans to help by sharing ideas and feedback, and encourage players to sign up now for the Space Monkey Program. Stay tuned to UbiBlog for more coverage of Ubisoft’s E3 2017 lineup.

Tehdagah

Arcane
The first one was totally meh and unfun. The bar minigames were the best part of it (yeah, this is how unfun the game is).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I sat there watching those two wondering where the fuck Jade and the pug guy were...

Edit: pig guy.

Last edited:

Beastro

Arcane
Never played the first and took a glance at the wikipedia story write up. Can't say I'm impressed...

Hell, it's created by the guy who made Rayman.

Why does the first seemed to be massively beloved? Is it the gameplay?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Never played the first and took a glance at the wikipedia story write up. Can't say I'm impressed...

Yes. It's a neat little semi-open world AK-SHUN game.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://www.pcgamer.com/beyond-good-and-evil-2-is-like-gta-but-in-space-says-michel-ancel/

Beyond Good and Evil 2 is "like GTA but in space" says Michel Ancel

After the long awaited cinematic reveal of Beyond Good & Evil 2 at the Ubisoft conference today, series lead Michel Ancel joined Twitch to chat about the game during the E3 livestream. Ancel didn't go into too many specifics, but the scope of the game did come up.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 is a prequel. "It's really connected to the first game," said Ancel. And it's meant to be huge.

"We did not want to reveal anything before today because we wanted to make sure that the technology would be—you know, you can dream big, but if you don't have any way to make the game of your dreams, then you can talk for hours and hours and hours and then?" Ancel said.

"So we waited for three years just working on the technology, so that now you can really travel across space, planets. But not empty planets. Or not empty, generated, whatever planets. Real planets with cities, logical connection between the cities. And even all the natural events that you could have on these kind of planets, gravity, all the moons, and all these things. We needed to make sure, before coming here today, making sure that we will deliver the game."

It sounds like a ton of literal world building has gone into BG&E2, with multiple cities across multiple planets. As for how representative the CG trailer is of the gameplay, Ancel says their technology allows for what we saw at least in concept, if not with the same cinematic direction.

"You can get out of the Chinese restaurant, jump into your spaceship, go across the atmosphere, and go into your giant spaceship, and then change the planet," Ancel said. "And all this does no loading, and you can be attacked whenever it's happening. It's like GTA but in space, in three dimensions."

Bold promises. How well all this actually works remains to be seen, but we're excited to try it out as soon as we can. You can watch the full interview at about 28:47:00 into this very long stream.

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
There was a reveal trailer for BG&E2 back in 2008 as well where it still featured Jade as the main character. So instead, now the game is some sort of prequel in order to inject SJW bullshit. I liked the first game, it was one of those cult classics with it's own kind of charm. Now it looks like it'll be another Ubi-marker quest fest with simplified gameplay for the current generation. Stealth is hard. Puzzles are hard. Vehicle racing is hard. Laser traps are hard. Third-person combat is hard. Game is too hard; let's take out the diversity of the gameplay of the original and click our way around the solar system while playing basically an FPS instead. But at least it looks pretty, right? Right?

Vorark

Erudite
Does the SJW crowd like monkeys or something? I mean, that Overwatch game has a gorilla, now this... :hmmm:

Mark Richard

Arcane
There was a reveal trailer for BG&E2 back in 2008 as well where it still featured Jade as the main character. So instead, now the game is some sort of prequel in order to inject SJW bullshit. I liked the first game, it was one of those cult classics with it's own kind of charm.
I've also played BG&E recently and loved it. The first game had Jamaican mechanics, Spanish holograms, and a racially ambiguous lead, so I don't know why that sort of stuff would bother you now.

Was I supposed to side with the pig? Annoying ass monkey. Hate these small "haha! Silly stuff while I escape from you!! xD" agile creatures, especially if it's a fucking monkey.
Gentleman, you will always remember this as the day you almost caugh-

VEpEhh.gif

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane

Find out once the Sale starts, it kind of falls in the same category as Psychonauts as being lovable, fresh with some interesting gameplay mechanics, characters and overall world:

Beastro

Arcane

Find out once the Sale starts:

I have wayyy too many games on my back burner. I've been ignoring my steam notice sales for games I'm interested in for the better part of the year and the way my life's going it'll most likely take awhile for me to work down that waiting list.

Siel

Arcane
Patron
So a black woman and her ape boyfriend?Is Ubisoft trying to say something here?

What about the fact that the only "white" character in the trailer is a fat pig?

Maybe you should stop being a retard. How is a pig white? It's a fucking pig. And he looks of chinese influence to me. Or maybe you consider chinese to be white?

Also another white character is the captain of the ship and oviously Jade's mother.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Maybe you should stop being a retard. How is a pig white? It's a fucking pig. And he looks of chinese influence to me. Or maybe you consider chinese to be white?

Also another white character is the captain of the ship and oviously Jade's mother.

Poe's Law is alive and kicking, I see.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom