Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beyond Good & Evil 20th Anniversary Edition

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/beyond-good-and-evil/20th-anniversary-edition

https://www.eurogamer.net/people-ar...ced-beyond-good-evil-20th-anniversary-edition

People are now playing the still-unannounced Beyond Good & Evil 20th Anniversary Edition​

UPDATE: Ubisoft confirms remaster to launch in 2024.

ORIGINAL STORY 11.15am UK: Ubisoft is still to officially confirm the Beyond Good & Evil 20th Anniversary Edition, but people are now playing the game after an apparent slip-up saw it briefly available via subscription service Ubisoft+.

Screenshots and gameplay footage have now hit the internet, and show a scrubbed up version of the classic adventure game that players say is now playable in 4K.

Eurogamer was able to view 30 minutes of gameplay footage this morning via YouTube, though this has now been taken down by Ubisoft through a copyright claim.

Earlier today, a now-removed store page for the Beyond Good & Evil 20th Anniversary Edition was also viewable on Xbox, which provided detail on a few other new features.

"Embark on this epic adventure in up to 4K and 60 fps with improved graphics, controls, and audio, along with brand-new autosave and cross-save features," the listing read.

"Enjoy exclusive new rewards as you explore the planet and discover more about Jade's past in a new treasure hunt throughout Hillys.

"Put your skills to the test thanks to the new speedrun mode and updated achievements, and learn more about the game’s development and secrets in the anniversary gallery."

The existance of the Beyond Good & Evil 20th Anniversary Edition was first leaked back in August, when a listing for the project was spotted on the website of the ESRB - the US game ratings board.

Eurogamer has contacted Ubisoft for more.

Beyond Good & Evil originally launched in 2003 for GameCube, PlayStation 2 and Xbox, and is fondly remembered. Plans for a sequel have been ongoing ever since.

UPDATE 2.30pm UK: Ubisoft has now confirmed the Beyond Good & Evil 20th Anniversary Edition - though you'll need to wait a while to play it officially. The game will actually launch in 2024 - so 21 years after the original.

"Due to a technical error, an early development version of Beyond Good & Evil - 20th Anniversary Edition was recently released to some Ubisoft+ subscribers," a Ubisoft spokesperson told Eurogamer.

"As we celebrate the 20th anniversary of Beyond Good & Evil, we're excited to share that the official launch is set for early 2024, and we look forward to sharing more with you in the new year."

Last edited:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I'm calling conspiracy this time.

They are remastering BGE1 so that it can be met with indifference and use this excuse to kill BGE2 which they desperately need to kill off .

Baron Dupek

Arcane
GTA Definitive Garbage incoming
f0a12cdebc60fa5b724bd7c04714b4511b249613295f6478e08cb6ed53020a2c.jpg
f2c70d4475d6eda8767e11e518a383e0babc00c61d72675fef73f0d9f89cf73f.jpg

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
BGE was a game from a Rayman developper released cheap (I remember buying it new at a budget price) at the same period of Sands of Time and Splinter Cell and became a "hey that game is actually pretty good" surprise that they had not communicated much on. It also had a cliffhanger ending which made everyone asks for a sequel, and for some reason, this managed to linger.

It's an actual good game, but not good enough to have achieved the legendary status it has now. It has achieved part of its legendary status through a failed and absent marketing campaign, imagine that though. Bring on LBA 3, bastards !

lightbane

Arcane
. Bring on LBA 3, bastards !
Have you seen what they did to Twinsen in the remake of the first game? The third game supposedly starred Twin's son. I bet it would be swapped for a girl at the very least, and get worse from that point.

It has achieved part of its legendary status through a failed and absent marketing campaign, imagine that though.
And forced reminders like the appearance of Jade in that edgy Netflix cartoon.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

lightbane

Arcane
I... I don't remember that part. His character isn't treated any better than Jade, if not outright worse, and he's quickly forgotten about as the plot moves waay too quickly.

Melmoth

Educated
excellent really looking forward to the pig woody allen roleplay sim where you can plant marijuana on jade in real time

Baron Dupek

Arcane
The remaster of Beyond Good and Evil was rated in South Korea, will be released on PC and current consoles with updated graphics, 4K/60 FPS and a number of other improvements.
GGiMS4VXwAIjipW
GGiMS4VXMAAtF18

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Have you seen those leaked screenshots? They totally borked the models, lighting and water effects.
They could have create a proper remake without breaking a sweat, but after 20 years, all we got was an failed attempt at an overly ambitious sequel and a failed attempt at making a proper remaster.
People responsible for BGE are truly distinguished members of the clown world.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Ah yes, the all time classic which was only completable via hacking your save.
I beat it many times without save hacks. It's a pretty cool game. Great soundtrack.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom