Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioware strikes back: Revenge of the shit

Captain Shrek

Last edited by a moderator:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I think we should send a big condolences card to MCA. His wonderful game didn't deserve this kind of rape.

Captain Shrek

Vaarna_Aarne said:
I think we should send a big condolences card to MCA. His wonderful game didn't deserve this kind of rape.

Its his birthday today.

:/

:x

:decline: :rage: :cry:
:mob:

Vaarna_Aarne

Exactly. We must assure him that for doing such a horrible thing on a good man's birthday, the Codex shall never relent in its thirst for vengeance against these bastards.

Captain Shrek

Vaarna_Aarne said:
Exactly. We must assure him that for doing such a horrible thing on a good man's birthday, the Codex shall never relent in its thirst for vengeance against these bastards.
:bravo: :bro:

corvus

Arcane
I'll honor him on his birthday by torrenting KOTOR2 and playing it again.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Isn't Avellone worse than Bioware shit as proven by Alpha Protocol?

The "choice" of saving one annoying bitch vs. saving hundreds of people alone is some serious Bethesda-grade retardation.

Vaarna_Aarne

I'll honour him by playing Lonesome Road some moar.

EDIT: Btw Skyway, since you only replay KotOR1 over and over again, you may have missed that the game actually berates you for choosing to save Madison instead of the tourists, since it's an extremely selfish and ultimately downright evil choice to make.

EDIT2: In a Bioware game, the choice to save Madison would have saved the tourists as well. And you'd have a "lol I'm evil so I'm not saving anyone" choice as well.

Erzherzog

Magister
Jesus. I guess the reason there never was a KotOR 3 was because BioWare fucking abhorred KotOR 2.

Lame as fuck. I haven't given a fuck about BioWare since Mass Effect, but now, they are the fucking enemy.

Vibalist

Arcane
Ed123 said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:
EDIT2: In a Bethesda game you'd have a "lol I'm evil so I'm not saving anyone" choice as well.

EDIT2: In a Bioware game you'd have a "lol I'm evil so I'm not saving anyone" choice as well, then you would have to save them anyway.

Bullshit. Bethesda games do not have moral choices.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
what kind of shitty ass writer retcons good lore with a plotline that I couldn't have made worse had I gone to fanfiction.net and asked a particularly dim 9-year old aspirant for something 'cool'

seriously this is on par with run of the mill freeform 'forum roleplaying' drivel where some jackass comes in and goes OH YEAH AND IT TURNS OUT THAT THIS IS THE TRUTH AND EVEN THOUGH I JUST SHAT ON EVERYONE'S MILDLY COLLABORATIVE STORYTELLING BEFORE THIS IT DOES MEAN I MADE THIS STORY MY OWN SPECIAL KIND OF NONSENSE FROM NOW ON

in short mr karpyshyn just marked his writer's territory boundaries by pissing on the manuscript before him except in a less classy way than what august derleth did to the cthulhu mythos

MetalCraze

Arcane
In a Bioware game, the choice to save Madison would have saved the tourists as well. And you'd have a "lol I'm evil so I'm not saving anyone" choice as well.

No it wouldn't. Since saving the bitch or tourists has zero effect on the game whatsoever.

Avellone is shit who gets too much credit for 12 years old PS:T which had 5 writers besides him. What Avellone wrote for it however is that PR doc which sounded like Bethesda had an extremely bad day in the toilet.

Captain Shrek

MetalCraze said:
In a Bioware game, the choice to save Madison would have saved the tourists as well. And you'd have a "lol I'm evil so I'm not saving anyone" choice as well.

No it wouldn't. Since saving the bitch or tourists has zero effect on the game whatsoever.

Avellone is shit who gets too much credit for 12 years old PS:T which had 5 writers besides him. What Avellone wrote for it however is that PR doc which sounded like Bethesda had an extremely bad day in the toilet.

You MUST play the game. NOW.

It will rive you nuts.

Stinger

Arcane
.....Motherfuckers....

I was already pissed with SWTOR for just crapping all over everything and being generally shit but fuck this! This was the one interesting piece of lore in the Kotor series and now we're just going to ignore it and turn the Exile into some pathetic damsel?

:x

And fuck you too Revan.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Avellone always said that he hated the Star Wars Franchise anyway, that was his engine to write stuff for the game. No big loss then. :smug:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Hm, I remember reading 1-2 interviews where he said he doesn't like the entire franchise at all. Should've putten more points into INT/WIS to memorize more MCA lore.

Vaarna_Aarne

I'm not going to say my memory is impeccable either, but I do think my recollection is rather likely, seeing how he's written Star Wars comics on several occasions where he doesn't go and deconstruct the ever-living shit out of the setting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom