Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness Released

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
(pretty sure I heard about indie devs who mortgaged their home to fund game dev),
iirc the team behind mechatranner sold their house to fund development

Source?

From an official update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1649838104/copper-dreams/posts/2148757

Hannah and Joe sold a house and moved to get cash money for development and get back to Seattle, so there was a small delay.

Dear God, Mechajammer cost them 6+ years and a house.

A regular dayjob is looking better by the minute.

Mortmal

Arcane
(pretty sure I heard about indie devs who mortgaged their home to fund game dev),
iirc the team behind mechatranner sold their house to fund development

Source?

From an official update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1649838104/copper-dreams/posts/2148757

Hannah and Joe sold a house and moved to get cash money for development and get back to Seattle, so there was a small delay.

6 years and it was a complete disaster ,i think it has more to do with being out of touch with reality than being an indie dev. It took so long , went through so many iterations , style change and such it's impossible to be viable unless it was just an hobby and not caring for money. That was not the case obviously.
There's still room for indie devs who knows their limits.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'll never get how kickstarters fund small team development for so long. €108,837/7 =15k per year, not counting Kickstarter's fees and taxes. Hopefully the launch is proving successful, or they got some Euro government fund.

At the very least, they didn't spend all the money on hookers and then ghosted. Putting a finished product out there is worthy of some respect.

Early Access funded the last six months of development though it appears to not have been as much as it needed. These RPG devs and their inability to properly manage scope. At least these guys managed better than Realms Beyond. :M

Codex Year of the Donut
I'll never get how kickstarters fund small team development for so long. €108,837/7 =15k per year, not counting Kickstarter's fees and taxes. Hopefully the launch is proving successful, or they got some Euro government fund.

At the very least, they didn't spend all the money on hookers and then ghosted. Putting a finished product out there is worthy of some respect.

Early Access funded the last six months of development though it appears to not have been as much as it needed. These RPG devs and their inability to properly manage scope. At least these guys managed better than Realms Beyond. :M
I think they actually had most of the content finished before even starting the EA. They accidentally left temporary files in the data folder(part 2 release) created by their editor tools suggesting most of the part 3 content was already finished.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Realms Beyond is no longer my friend
Black Geyser is my first black friend
Congratulations Devs! From meme to Hero

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Stick to cyberpunk battle hooker RPGs and you'll be fine

Ah, but man can not live on hooker games forever. At least not this man.

Also true story: I left a near six-figure job to make a fraction of what I used to, with no benefits, more work hours and more stress.

I mean, I love it but it's still utterly :retarded:.

Also true story: I left a near six-figure job to make a fraction of what I used to, with no benefits, more work hours and more stress.

Tyranicon anon! Good strong wifes game developer friend anon! Do not worry anon it is okay anon! It is! I do love you anon! I do!
iPIbYf8.png

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Is this game as boring and fetch-questy as I've been lead to believe?

InSight

Learned
Possibly Retarded

Let these more work hours not come at the expense of the Sabbath/שבת/Shabat from the 6th day evening to evening( a day began from darkness to light). A day of rest of no work, cooking, buying/selling or even great travel to any living under one's house/domain/influence. With the exception of good cause/deed for how else these in trouble/danger/harm be capable of rest.

It is the 4th commandment of Yahuha/יהוה/YHWH ruler/owner/maker of heaven and earth. One should consider it universal since even other animals have been found to follow/keep it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7JsygwssYU , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pqAqI9uohk .
To ignore it would/could be utterly foolish considering the evidence provided in this post's signature.

Use that day of rest to strengthen one self to be able to enjoy the more stress/work of other days.

Is this game as boring and fetch-questy as I've been lead to believe?

It's dull, empty, the NPC's and party members have nothing interesting to say or any personality, the combat is shit, zero originality, but we are supposed to excuse all that cuz it isn't woke, low price, tiny developer, BG nostalgia, etc...none of which does you any good while playing this snoozefest....

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer

hFXNGFE.jpg

O5qLQuY.jpg
Greed factor eh. Swindler class? I wonder how much of the game is non-com ripping others off. Thieving and bartering and the sneaky underworld looks appealing. I'd definitely make a group exploring that route.

tbh, it looks look it might have several playthroughs to try. I wonder how many endings there are?

GOG Link 15% Discount- https://af.gog.com/redeem/WolfPack?as... Code: wolfpack

Should I make a gog ad?

Last edited:

Oberon

Learned

Greed factor eh. Swindler class? I wonder how much of the game is non-com ripping others off. Thieving and bartering and the sneaky underworld looks appealing. I'd definitely make a group exploring that route.

tbh, it looks look it might have several playthroughs to try. I wonder how many endings there are?

GOG Link 15% Discount- https://af.gog.com/redeem/WolfPack?as... Code: wolfpack

Should I make a gog ad?

The class system looks interesting... tbh everything looks really interesting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom