Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Blasphemous 2

gamerguy

Educated
I bought the first one on sale, and it's sitting in a long backlog... damn.

We really do live in a great time to be into videogames... there's just so much good shit out there.

Häyhä

Arbiter
Blasphemous was pretty good, the art style was exceptional but the combat and especially the boss fights became way, way too easy. I don't think I died in most boss fights at all and even in the Final Boss I died only once, most bosses you could just heal-spam through without even having to learn to dodge their attacks. I hope they'll improve and balance the boss fights for the sequel and make them actually challenging and interesting.

Blasphemous was pretty good, the art style was exceptional but the combat and especially the boss fights became way, way too easy. I don't think I died in most boss fights at all and even in the Final Boss I died only once, most bosses you could just heal-spam through without even having to learn to dodge their attacks. I hope they'll improve and balance the boss fights for the sequel and make them actually challenging and interesting.
Don't ask them to "balance" things. In modern game design language, "balance" means "make it easier"

Jinn

Arcane
Looks like an improvement over the first in pretty much every way. So instead of being a good game, this will probably be on the precipice of being a great metroidvania.

My only complain would be that the visuals are too clean instead of the gritty pixel art look, but that's still a very minor thing.

Jinn

Arcane
These guys would really be smart to push back this release date a bit. There's just too much coming out, regardless of whether it's metroidvanias or not. I'm a pretty big fan of the original, and despite my excitement for this much improved looking sequel, I'm just not going to have time for several months. Really hope it doesn't negatively affect their release, but I'm afraid it will.

randir14

Augur
These guys would really be smart to push back this release date a bit. There's just too much coming out, regardless of whether it's metroidvanias or not. I'm a pretty big fan of the original, and despite my excitement for this much improved looking sequel, I'm just not going to have time for several months. Really hope it doesn't negatively affect their release, but I'm afraid it will.
It will be overshadowed for sure, it comes out the same day as Armored Core.

The game looks practically the same as the previous one, which is good in a way, but I think the gritty, dirtier aesthetics were much better for this kind of setting. This looks too clean. So yeah, I maintain my previous opinion.

Ivan

Arcane
I'll definitely drop whatever I'm playing when this comes out (currently going through Lost Judgment, definitely more than halfway done with it). Looking forward to exploring a whole new map :)

Ivan

Arcane
Happy release day. Thoughts after 2/3 hours of play.

Great level design, fantastic music, great pacing, fewer bullshit platforming deaths. There's a neat little achievement you get the first time you fall into the deathspikes. In brief, this sequel carries an of confidence that makes it a joy to play. Now, back to the game!

randir14

Augur
I've seen some complaints about it being "casualized" and I don't know what the hell they're talking about. Compared to Blasphemous 1 this game has more features and feels more difficult.

Ivan

Arcane
The only thing that I can think of that would point to casualization is the thing I mentioned about the spike traps. I think it's an improvement. Enemies still hit like trucks and that you don't get many inv frames after taking damage makes me think the difficulty is on par with 1. I'm having an easier time for sure since I played a great deal of 1.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
Controls buttery smooth, very cool atmosphere though it has lost some grit as said Cat Head. I chose the sword because it can parry which was op in the last game and I will be furious if that has changed. On a quest to perform an abortion of epic proportions, but must pass through a picket line of heavily kitted protestors beforehand. Armored Core is on pause while I tend to this important work.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
I took out one of the pro life protestors today. I'd say it's a little more tough than blasphemous, they're very stingy with healing potions and I don't remember being stunlocked out of using them in the last game. You keep your money if you die and get a free heal from grabbing the corpse upon return so dying doesn't matter really either way. The parry is still the bees knees, I probably use R1 more than [] at this point. The quality of the writing and characters has taken a dive imo, but that's still better than almost everything else that gets farted out by our most esteemed professionals in the field.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom