Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Bleak Faith: Forsaken - third-person open world survival horror action RPG

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I think you're attributing more naivety and innocence to the situation than is the case, honestly.

I agree. From Software probably bought the same animation pack from Epic store.

Elttharion

Learned
Well, that was fast. They are already replacing the animations apparently and the assets were also purged from the unreal store.

Funny how fast that 3 person team can work when someone lits a fire under their asses.

As for the game itself I cant recommend it in this state, combat and movement are horrible and the UI needs a lot of work. The game is also full of bugs and annoying graphical glitches. Refunded after rougly an 1 hour of play. If you are interested in it pirate the game first to try it out. Imo this game should have released as an early acess title while they patch it. There are some good ideas here but they are buried under too much jank and lack of polish for the game to be enjoyable imo.

Something I also find hilarious is that people are confusing the title as Bleak Faith: Forspoken and using the drama to bash the square enix game by mistake :lol: :lol:

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Played it a little. Liked it, pretty good. I like the progression tied by gear. But yeah, this game is in alpha.
Edit 1: I also like the fact that there are no iframes so you can't dodge except to get away from the enemy.

Last edited:

Spike

Educated
They added i-frames. The "recent reviews" on Steam boosted up to 76% positive down from the all-time of 69%. Maybe it's what the game needed. They did a ton of testing and what not before implementing this decision. Right when I am about to grab it on the Gaben Christmas sale, hey-o!

kain30

Cipher
I love the aesthetics of this game, reminds me of blame!. But when i played it a few months ago it was so full of bugs that it was unplayable... a shame.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
It looks like the devs didn't give up on it.

The feedback seems to be positive despite the fact that the game has no coherent story.

--------------------------------------
REGULAR UPDATE
POSTED
Mon, March 4
Combat Refinement
Combat, Camera and Controller improvements.

Changes:
- Camera distance offset setting now also affects holstered camera.
- Added fading material to most props in the game, greatly assisting with camera clipping.
- New setting: Holster Type; Keyboard Default: Separate Input; Gamepad Default: Combined Input.
- While combined input is enabled, hold the switch weapon keybind to holster weapons.
- New setting: Parry Type; Keyboard Default: Separate Input; Gamepad Default: Combined Input.
- While combined input is enabled, press the block keybind to parry, hold to block.
- New setting: Mouse Aiming Sensitivity.
- Switch Shoulder Camera moved to Lock Target keybind.
- Changed icons for certain debuffs.
- Running Attacks.
- Fixed Tenderizer and Mechanical Tenderizer weapon holds and updated their moveset.
- Game now autosaves roughly every minute to prevent any potential progress loss during a crash.
- New mini boss in Ghost Town, requires Plagued Blood from Asylum to start the fight.
- Diminishing returns on experience removed from Final Zone.
- Added "Dual Wield" weapon sort in inventory.
- Pierce, Whiplash, and Heavy Strike received the same tracking as regular attacks.
- Turning in Handler Echoes in NG+ now gives Anomalous Fragments if the handler is already at max level.
- New item: Ring of Slumber; Prevents the wearer from obtaining any experience.
- Looted from Monastery.
- Smoothered and reduced the duration of aim assist.
- Controller Scheme: Simplified, renamed to Simplified Modifier.
- New Controller Scheme: Simplified; Fully avoids the modifier button.
- Removed healing potions from Restless in the Monastery.
- Added "Removes Invincibility Frames" warning on all Tacticians Amulets.
- Improved optimization during seamless travel.
- Improved weapon hitbox detection precision.

Balancing:
- Slightly edited unique helmets anomalous crystals.
- Duelist upgrade perk that removes the delay before stamina regeneration after a successful block now instead removes the penalty from stamina regen while blocking.
- Ring of Command now increases durations of all summons; Elementals, Illusions, and Reanimated Corpses, instead of the previous summons' cooldown reduction.
- Silence debuff no longer reduces the cast time of bosses but instead reduces their ability damage by 5% per stack.
- Reduced arrow speed of enemies by an additional 30%.
- Combo Points are now obtained by dealing damage with regular attacks and stack up to 15.
- Associated perks have been edited to better synergize with the new system.
- Combo System remains unchanged; only the acquisition of the points themselves has changed.
- Adjusted the damage of the Giant in the upper block.

Fixes:
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the character would be rotated incorrectly while on a ladder.
- Fixed a crash caused by switching to a previously removed weapon set.
- Fixed a low camera angle on bigger enemies during lock-on.
- Fixed constant fade on Uranopolis -> Ghost Town transition with seamless transitions on.
- Fixed FPS drops in inventory while quickly hovering over several armor pieces.
- Fixed Archinquisitors Sentinels sometimes not working properly.
- Chronoblade Timewarp now properly gets teleport along with Archinquisitors' phase change.
- Archinquisitors' clone no longer displays his debuffs on the boss health bar.
- Fixed Duelist second upgrade not restoring stamina on weapon switch.
- Fixed Asklepious projectiles not leeching flux.
- Pestilence no longer affects out-of-combat enemies.
- Pestilence properly applies extra debuffs.
- Increased the volume of Wormlords' sound effects.
- Fixed an issue where enemy AI breaks if a perfect parry was performed with Claymore or Tenderizer.
- Fixed high bash chance against bigger enemies.
- Fixed the incorrect duration of certain concoctions when the Tinkerer perk is active.
- Fixed an issue where the mouse cursor would be lost during the fast travel menu.
- Gamepad vibrations will no longer trigger if the last input was from the keyboard.
- Fixed an issue that caused roll backward to root character in place for 0.1 of a second.

Wake up - and reap what you sow.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Haven't played it in a year or so since I finished it. Does it still feel like alpha build?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom