Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Bleak Faith: Forsaken - third-person open world survival horror action RPG

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
One part of the solution would be for gamers to stop falling for hype and buying all this crap. But since gaming is so mainstream now, there simply are too many addicted retards, even here on the Codex, so I'm afraid there is no solution. All I can do is rant and try to only buy those games I personally think are more than cash-grabs, mediocre re-hashes, overambitious crap or other worthless junk.

"Gamers" can't even stop playing games that are poorly disguised gambling simulators.

I wouldn't hold out hope.

polo

Magister
Its impressive, im just worried they won't get fighting mechanichs right.

fork

It's impressive how boring and generally bad everything in the first two minutes of that video looks.
Didn't feel like watching the rest.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Hey hey, Dark Souls enjoyers. It is high time you fellas played a real RPG game instead of mediocre Japanese action games. Over on GOG they are having a sale and you too could become an RPG pro for almost no money at all. Wizards & Warriors will give you so much street cred here and it is currently half price off an already ridiculously cheap base price.

https://af.gog.com/game/wizards_warriors?as=1649904300

You owe it to yourself to pick it up and see if you also have what it takes to be a grognard instead of fawning over Japanese cartoon action games with MMO parts packed in for no good reason. Just you and a party of six characters on an adventure like it was meant to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Teleporting enemies, same sound on hit or not, R1 spam, retarded boss fight. This looks completely uninspired.

notpl

Arbiter
Hey hey, Dark Souls enjoyers. It is high time you fellas played a real RPG game instead of mediocre Japanese action games. Over on GOG they are having a sale and you too could become an RPG pro for almost no money at all. Wizards & Warriors will give you so much street cred here and it is currently half price off an already ridiculously cheap base price.

https://af.gog.com/game/wizards_warriors?as=1649904300

You owe it to yourself to pick it up and see if you also have what it takes to be a grognard instead of fawning over Japanese cartoon action games with MMO parts packed in for no good reason. Just you and a party of six characters on an adventure like it was meant to be.
Thanks for the ad tracker link bro. How are the codex's metrics looking?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

I see influences from Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma, Blame!, Jin-Roh, Ico and Kenshi :)

This could be somewhat good or completly derivative.

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I saw "survival horror" in the title and was curious, but it's not survival horror at all, is it? Just being a game that has monsters and you don't want to die doesn't make it survival horror.

But while I'm here, does this offer anything of interest? Or is "yet more Dark Souls" the beginning and end of the idea?

Jinn

Arcane
I saw "survival horror" in the title and was curious, but it's not survival horror at all, is it? Just being a game that has monsters and you don't want to die doesn't make it survival horror.

But while I'm here, does this offer anything of interest? Or is "yet more Dark Souls" the beginning and end of the idea?

Well, if you watch the trailer you can see pretty clearly that the combat operates fairly differently from what you'd see in a Souls game aside from the superficial aspects like health bars above the enemies heads. Like I said, there's monster climbing, which is a great mechanic to have in action RPGs with huge enemies. Also that large creature in the desert seems to imply Shadow of the Colossus style colossi battles. Setting looks like an interesting mix of gothic fantasy and sci-fi.

There's a fair amount here that seems to go beyond the Souls-like formula. Most exciting to me is seeing what looks to be a promising action-RPG in a sea of fairly mediocre titles.

Last edited:

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
The title is so nasty. Why not just call it Bleak Faith? Do you really need to staple on that "forsaken" subtitle? It's so ugly. Game itself looks like a sloppy Fromsoft clone except with some Dragon's Dogma monster climbing. Boring. I don't know what compels indie devs to do stuff like this.

It might be worth playing if they keep that heavy metal soundtrack from that one video in the game itself, or if there's an interesting story, but it's a pass otherwise.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
At least the aesthetic is interesting.

Also top notch trailer, it was made very well for an indie.

This is going to sell good regardless of quality, just by the trailer alone.

Dadd

Learned
The environment looks similar to that of Chaos Legion, an old Devil May Cry-like game.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'd need to try a demo. The common theme with all these low budget Souls clones is the combat in them feels terrible. Mortal Shell, Lords of the Fallen, The Surge, they all play like sloppy dogshit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom