Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blood Bowl Season 4

Who should run the league?

• Potato

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Finn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Moss

Educated
Just watched the Ogres-Nurgle replay. Toastboy....poor, poor Toastboy, is all I can really say. A tragedy for all Ogrekind! What a finish.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
with his rolls (+22 on 2d6!), he had it coming.

i am unable to deal with ogres it seems. apart from two-game draw streak against toasty, I also couldn't win against Mico's ogrillions in another league, playing with norse, AKA the snotmunchers. I hate ogres.

Moss

Educated
Haven't heard from Garm since the d/c - Steam says he hasn't been online, so I imagine he's having some sort of ISP issues. Mico, if I don't hear from him by end of today, I'll just accept the result of the disconnect as we discussed.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
That was a pretty good match there, Decliners vs Alpha Brotocol. Very unfortunate end for the Ogre team, though.

@hoverdog
I hear You, man. In Crunch Cup IV, I managed to get points from all my matches as Goblins (I even managed a draw with Dwarves)... except against Ogres, who destroyed me completely. They seem to be a much better team when You're not their coach.

@Moss
Ok, if Garm does not show signs of life, I think we will have to count his disconnection as a forfeit. But please send me the (part of) replay from the unfinished game (if You have it).

For the record: Demnogonis Something-Something aka Vikahosto aka Paavi Another-Something is having free time issues, so we're going to play our match during the weekend, probably.

Moss

Educated
Excellent - watching Grunker vs Deso replay now.

Garm sent me a PM and it turns out he had a catastrophic laptop crash during our match. He is in the process of seeing if he can get it fixed, he hopes he can by the end of the weekend. If everyone else completes their matches, we'll move the week forward and if we haven't had a status update from him by next week (or if the status is that he can't get his laptop repaired) we may have to find a replacement.

My apologies to Garm that my Goblin power was too potent for his laptop to handle. Let that be a warning to the rest of you - better start upgrading your RAM now. :)

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
We're still waiting for Mangoose vs Secret Ninja match to happen. Guys? Any idea when that will take place?

As for my match vs Demnogonis, I'll try to make it played, but...

vika.jpg

Secretninja

Cipher
Had some unexpected visitors this week, so I have basically been trashed since thrusday afternoon. Hope to get the match played soon, but I have some school to get caught up on.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Demnogonis and I managed to arrange our match for tomorrow evening. Expect some maimed thralls.

@Mangoose, Secret Ninja
Any chance Your match will be played by tomorrow midnight, or so? I could then move the matchday forward on Wednesday morning.

Secretninja

Cipher
As of now we are planning to play tomorrow afternoon/early evening. We were going to play today, and then my isp ended up being down all day, literally until about 10:30 pm.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
That's great. I'll move the matchday forward tomorrow evening or on Thursday morning. Thanks for the info.

EDIT: For now Demnogonis has decided to concede our match after his game crashed on turn #3. If he changes his mind utill tomorrow, we may replay it, but if not, that's a default win for me, I guess.

Well there's no match coming, I misclicked end turn which allowed fast Dead Money TD on my drive, spilt beer over important paperwork (yeah don't store that stuff around your gaming rig) and somehow shut the client by pressing alt + some alphabetical key (?). Now I'm not a calm person to begin with so now I feel like hitting things... What a complete failure. So I concede this match, it was obviously cursed by the gods of BB.

Eh, Legends Outworn, not Dead Money.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Though I would by no means shy away from a free win, I'm pretty sure we played each other in the first round mate ;)

Mis-clicks suck donkey-balls though... I made a really pretty one of my own in this round (check the replay to it in its full glory).

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Oh, Demnogonis, I shall forver remember the arc words You spoke at the beginning of the game:

You can't properly play Blood Bowl while sober.

Sorry, couldn't stop myself.

EDIT: I made a pretty bad misclick in the first game myself, causing some skeleton dodging, a turnover and my team completely out of position. Shit happens.

Well I was talking about actual TT Blood Bowl, everybody's always drinking a beer or two and that causes no problems. Here? Lolz you can click the giant end turn button that has no other function that to enable some mistakes.

Then when you score I strike my fist at the table, cursing, which spills my beer :lol:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Demnogonis Saastuttaja said:
Well I was talking about actual TT Blood Bowl, everybody's always drinking a beer or two and that causes no problems. Here? Lolz you can click the giant end turn button that has no other function that to enable some mistakes.

Or, you know, end the turn if you have some guys you don't want to act (like dat AG2 zombie marking the big bad ogre).

Secretninja

Cipher
I believe we are playing later this afternoon, as soon as mangoose gets online. I believe the match day is moving forward tomorrow morning.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
As "morning" can be a fluid term around here, matchday should be moved forward in around 10 hours, provided that the last match is played by then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom