Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blood Bowl Season 4

Who should run the league?

• Potato

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Finn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Secretninja

Cipher
The ending of that game alone was worth the 10 bucks I paid for blood bowl.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The matchday has been moved forward. Here's the current one:

CC4_md3.jpg

We don't know if Garm (Metal Bard) will be able to recover from his laptop failure in the near future, so if anyone knows someone willing to replace him, please let them know about a potential drop-out.

Moss

Educated
Did UndeadPhoenix ever get his issues resolved? We could insert him back in :P

Grunker, my man, what times work for you? I am pretty easy...

Secretninja

Cipher
My client had a shitfit and wouldn't let me do anything, so we had to end the match in turn 9. I believe the score would have stood though and am fine with it. At least no one died.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
So, our match ended with a bug, Griff Oberwald got KO'ed and the game went unresponsive. As I scored one and Griff was the one with the ball, Secret ninja decided to roll on with the forfeit result.

of course and mvp and a TD went to a fucking rotter :decline:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Correct me if I'm wrong here. The game did not crash, but as You were not able to continue, one of You (Secret Ninja, I'm guessing) closed the client, and the other got a default win? Did You wait for the "disconnection timer" to run out?

Also, I'd still like to get the replay file, if possible. Thanks in advance.

Secretninja

Cipher
It was bizarre, it wouldn't time out but I could not do anything at all. Hoverdog said it was waiting on me to choose apothecary or not, but I didn't have any left and it never gave me any option. The ball just kind of started floating above my knocked out player. We waited until a timer showed up on my screen, but it dropped to zero with no effects. Then it did that 2 or 3 more times and I just quit. I am fine with the final result if it doesn't throw off league standings or some such, it is probably exactly how the score was going to turn out.

Heres the replay.

https://www.box.net/shared/ihcygyvc3jfcxr59ffv6

Moss

Educated
hoverdog said:
You were a BRO, Peter. Enjoy your retirement :salute:

Retirement? I'm sure there's a Khemri team out there that could use him as a backup Thro-Ra....

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
My Legends Outworn just played with descupado's Codex Defenders.

With Human team's block dice cursed by Nuffle, Khemri won 2-0, also killing two Blitzers (one was mercifully cured by an apothecary to -AV).

Thanks for the game, deso. Good luck in future matches.

EDIT: My Block Tomb Guradian got another double. Ha ha ha! No idea what to give him, though...

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Demnogonis, when would you like to play? I've added you on Steam (St. Manginus).

Also please bring beer, I don't play BB sober.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Me and Moss finished. Impossible to a write up, so much fucking shit happened. A few highlights:

A bomb gets passed around from bombardier to zombie to bombardier to zombie to trolls to ball-carrier.

Grunker almost gives away the entire game for 3SPP

Two wolves go down

One team succeeds in sustaining injuries to most of its positionals (mostly self-inflicted)

Over four zombies AND a flesh golem dodging

A wizard from hell with the desire to destroy

And much, much more.

Result:

Grunker was a dirtly, lucky skank who had all the rolls in his favor and he still only managed to pull a close 1-0 victory

Replay: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3613210/Blood%2 ... 8-53-42.db

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
BTW, Moss says it's possible to roll for stuff like RS before making an action. Any one know how to do this? I'd really like to know, because I'm thinking that whatever does it might get rid of hypnotic gaze before moving/blocking too, and that has been my main source of butthurt annoyance against Demnogis - that my big flesh golem has to block or move or it will end its turn with hyppie gaze still active.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Seems like an epic match. Will watch the replay tomorrow.

I think that right-clicking on a player activates him, removing Hypnotic Gaze and rolling for Bonehead or Really Stupid (possibly also Bloodlust, never played as vamps).

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Demnogonis and Mangoose weren't yet able to play their match, so we're still waiting for that. I was informed it should happen early next week.

If Garm does not appear by the time this game is finished, You'll get the default win (with two MVPs and double winnings).

If You guys don't want to wait that long and would like to have the weekend available for Blood Bowl, I offer the option of setting Demnogonis-Mangoose match to 1-1 and moving the matchday forward today in the evening. However, I don't really want to do that, as we have not set any time limits before.

We may decide on something like that for future matches. Like, for example, a week or 10 days for a matchday.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
We should play by the rules. If one player shows that he is here and is ready to make contact and play, and the other player does not respond or says that he will not the time he promised, it's a concession and two MVPs + double winnings.

That's my take on it, anyway. Blood Bowl isn't constructed as a fair game, and the harsh concessions are part of it.

That said, I think it should ultimately be up to the admin of the league. You put time into organizing this thing, I don't think anyone but you should have a real say in how to solve matches that don't get played.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Demnogonis, Mangoose - how are the perspectives for Your match looking this week?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom