Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Borderlands 2 is a MASSIVE potato

MetalCraze

Arcane
Throughout the game, the
dialogue and clever missions display a sense of humor on par with the best in the industry.

Do they mean academy-award winning Fallout 3?

BaconAndEggs

Augur
Great, that means it's just as boring as the first game. And I hoped there would be improvement. :(

aris

Arcane
Damn! I'm getting hyped about this game. I'm disappointed that they didn't follow up on making each skill do more than "add 1%" to damage. They have certainly made each skill much more noticable, and some skills are really interesting and introduce new gameplay mechanics, but they could have done much more. Nonetheless, it seems like pretty much everything else is improved over the original. I really enjoyed the first dlc of borderlands (zombie dlc) for it's humor, so if it's anything as good, I should be in for a treat!

Bought, and pre-downloading now! :bounce:

Multi-headed Cow

If you don't have Borderlands 2 and the season pass of DLC preordered you're not a real gamer!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's hard to tell because you post idiotic shit 99.99% of the time. Anyway, re: Borderlands 2 -- not buying until $15 or less. It's just more of the same.

Still only one active skill per class? Fucking lame. There should at least be a unique one for each upgrade tree or something.

Hope there is less level scaled damage in this one.

Multi-headed Cow

The end of each tree generally ends in a skill that improves/changes the active skill, and there seemed to be a few sub-skills for the various classes. Like I remember seeing one for the assassin that lets his melee attack tag an enemy for death which increases all damage the enemy takes by 20%.

Still not as much as a real ARPG but it's a step up from Borderlands 1.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'll admit their 'roles' are defined a bit better with some of the talents. The assassin dude is a bit more melee than the Siren was in the first game. This iteration of the Siren seems to be more about CC since phase walk was pretty shitty. The tank guy has a taunt which is a step up. The solider is... basically the same. If this weren't releasing two days before TL2 I'd consider it at one of the $30ish discount prices I've seen. As it is, it's basically the same thing except TL2 is more refined and only $12ish (what I paid for it).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Can't believe I'm saying this but you actually have worse taste in games than Morgoth.

aris

Arcane
I'm obliged to inform you that for all the games that you know I've been playing as well as this, which I will play, mhc has played and will be playing the same. Thus your insults extends equally also to him. Shame on you for saying such horrible things about MHC!

Castanova

Prophet
I got this when it was $36 but then a few days ago I picked up Dark Souls. That, plus TL2, could mean that BL2 sits on the shelf for a couple weeks. Oh well!

Multi-headed Cow

I'm obliged to inform you that for all the games that you know I've been playing as well as this, which I will play, mhc has played and will be playing the same. Thus your insults extends equally also to him. Shame on you for saying such horrible things about MHC!

Why do you hurt me, Metro? Why? :(

Multi-headed Cow

After about an hour of play:

Graphics better
Performance worse
Way too much talking god damn let me shoot things
Guns seem randomized better, and more satisfying to fire with better sounds and animations
Died a couple times while low level and playing with a bro, elite enemies hurt
Though the performance was shitty as mentioned I was trying it with PhysX on. Stopped the game to try disabling PhysX to see if that improves it, but the PhysX effects are dumb and flashy and cool looking. Splashes blood all over the goddamn place. Poor GTS 250 can't keep up

Initial impression is good. :greatjob:

kazgar

Arcane
Talking should reduce once things start up? There was a fair bit of talking at the start of the first (claptrap tutorial and that first mini outpost)

Which class are you playing?

My questions are pretty much hypothetical, i'll be waiting for a GOTY edition at the very least.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Not thrilled to hear about the performance issues. Guess it's for the best I wait for a sale, anyway. Isn't it the same engine as the first? Can't imagine it would be that taxing with the fancy effects turned down.

Gregz

Arcane
After about an hour of play:

Graphics better
Performance worse
Way too much talking god damn let me shoot things
Guns seem randomized better, and more satisfying to fire with better sounds and animations
Died a couple times while low level and playing with a bro, elite enemies hurt
Though the performance was shitty as mentioned I was trying it with PhysX on. Stopped the game to try disabling PhysX to see if that improves it, but the PhysX effects are dumb and flashy and cool looking. Splashes blood all over the goddamn place. Poor GTS 250 can't keep up

Initial impression is good. :greatjob:

Sounds good by Codex standards, performance can always be improved with patches and hardware upgrades.

How is the UI?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
From what I've seen it's still too similar to the first game. Add to that the performance issues and inevitable piles of DLC and I'll rather wait until the full GOTY version is like 75% off on Steam. I've got too many games already anyways.

Multi-headed Cow

Updated impressions, performance is back to Borderlands standard after disabling PhsyX, that was what was crushing me. Unsurprising. Kind of a bummer I can't play with it enabled, it was flashy as hell. Making me want to upgrade my decrepit video card.

Talking has slowed a bit. Have noticed a few vaguely amusing lines but I'm here to shoot bandits so what the hell.

I was playing siren. Probably gonna do commando solo, siren co-op with one bro, and gunzerker co-op with another. Assuming I can stand playing three characters at once, since I new game +ed two classes in the original game I might not.

Guns continue to be cool. Co-op partner got a red shotgun with a shark mouth, three barrels, a drum magazine and a bigass machete on the front of it. Weirdest functioning gun I've seen thus far was some kinda miniature grenade launcher that fired as fast as you could click.

UI is... Mouse capable but still clunky as shit. Clearly designed for console and controller even though mouse (mostly) works on it now. Since I played the bajesus out of the first game I can definitely live with it. For example, if you bring up your inventory it lists equipped items first, you then have to click over to the inventory side. Then when you find a weapon you want to use, you click it and it slides your equipped menu over and shows a comparison of stats between your equipped guns and selected inventory gun, then you click whatever slot you wanna put it in.

Took some pictures, posted them in screenshot thread if you wanna see. They were taken on almost all low settings.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/screenshot-thread.72409/page-40#post-2271319

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom