Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Breaking news! Max Payne 3 looks like shit!

max-payne-3-screens-2.jpg

Achilles

Arcane
Max Payne doesn't use cover. He dives head first into the path of enemy bullets ffs :decline:

One can only hope hiding behind cover like a pussy is purely optional, like in GTA 4. If it's only a feature that is tacked on for gamepad users, I don't care. If a game is built around it, then we have a serious problem.

Twinkle

Liturgist
Most likely this will end up being worse than Stranglehold.

And if you want true MP3, Stranglehold is as close as you can get nowadays.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
What's with the aiming-centered gameplay in shooters? Designers should incorporate a more strategic design where you will automatically hit the enemies you're facing whenever you shoot (a focus-type button that you can hold to untoggle this for precision shooting) so you can focus less on artificial difficulty and concentrate on maneuvering in combat and immersing yourself in the role of the character and storyline.

Reptilian Shapeshifter said:
Good news, comrades. Another game you don't have to waste your time playing.

Lots more time will be wasted on bitching about it, regardless of whether it will be played.

Twinkle said:
And if you want true MP3, Stranglehold is as close as you can get nowadays.

I enjoyed that game, but even with John Woo shootouts it somehow didn't even feel close to MP for me. I guess Max Payne is really about the noir atmosphere for me. Stranglehold was just a crazy nonsensical destruction fest, kind of like Serious Sam of bullet time games.

Exmit

Scholar
laclongquan said:
what is this popamole bullshit? Max Payne is all about diving between lines of swirling bullet paths, gun blazing all the way.

Or am I remember the wrong game?

so where is the popamole ? Do you hide behind a cover pop out and bang everyone ? no . You stick you head out and dive into bullets you faaaaaaaggggggggggggggggg .

Go play Gears of war, Max Payne is a game for real men of oldschool.

Exmit

Scholar
Currently replaying Max Payne 1 , and it's so much fun. The atmosphere is also well done.

Twinkle

Liturgist
Some incline from the latest previews:

- Regen is out. Painkillers are back.
- Cover system is in, but most objects will be at least partially destructible. Plus, supposedly AI can flank.
- Focus on run'n gun and bullet time.
- Bullets are fully modeled projectiles like the previous games. Detailed locational damage.

Additionally, a lot of fapping regarding animation engine.

SoupNazi

What? Euphoria in GTA4 had some of the greatest animations (esp. related to damage) I've ever seen in a game.

MapMan

Arcane
Euphoria blends animations and ragdolls really, really good. Unfortunately, it is (was?) unoptimized piece of shit in GTA IV. Disabling the physics engine (which only afected ragdolls and cars damage I think) instantly gave you about + 30 frames per second.

Vibalist

Arcane
Twinkle said:
Some incline from the latest previews:

- Regen is out. Painkillers are back.
- Cover system is in, but most objects will be at least partially destructible. Plus, supposedly AI can flank.
- Focus on run'n gun and bullet time.
- Bullets are fully modeled projectiles like the previous games. Detailed locational damage.

Additionally, a lot of fapping regarding animation engine.

Sounds good.

Gerrard

Arcane
SoupNazi said:
What? Euphoria in GTA4 had some of the greatest animations (esp. related to damage) I've ever seen in a game.
If you imagined everyone was a mannequin, and not a human, sure.

Gord

Arcane
@kc: You already got your pony, you can't have more

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom