Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Castle Cleaners R Us - Let's Play Elvira!

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Lot's of happy, dancing birdies for you! :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M :M

Black Cat

Magister
Kz3r0 said:
Moar Elvira please.
lightbane said:
Well done! Next LP should be Jaws of Cerberus.

If no one minds an almost completely blind LP of it, sure. Like, back when I played it I was doing pretty well, about a bit after the middle point of the game I reckon, when a friend of mine told me the game had a special encounter with a really ugly giant spider at the end of the caves. So, like, I went a giant spider? In a game with those horrible death screens? No way I'm going there! and my adventures ended right there and then. Combined with my awful memory... Though I do vaguely remember most puzzles I solved and stuffies, at least partially.

More importantly... Is the giant spider creepy? :oops:

lightbane said:
A Strange Journey lp would be good too.
Crooked Bee said:
I'd really love to see you LP Strange Journey.

I may if I manage to run the emulators well on my Notebook thingie, though being so new I had kind of mixed feelings about doing it and Devil Survivor given maybe not all people who would play it already did. Can you actually take screenies from a DS someway, since we are at it?

Mrowak said:
You showed them witch. Way to go! I'll be looking forward to your next (mis)adventures!

Given most games next on my list would be kind of halfway blind, given my tendency to leave games unfinished for a really long while and how sucky my memory is, you will get to enjoy many misadventures indeed. :P

Crooked Bee said:
Now that was cool.

Fowyr said:
Congratulations! You gained a lots of KKK.

Lightbane said:
Well done!

Azira said:
Lot's of happy, dancing birdies for you!

:love:

Thank you.

Fowyr said:
Same here. Oh these little cunning spiders... Marvelous creatures.

As the small ones can't eat us in ways that will stop me from sleeping for a long while they instead deceive us and lead us astray to weaken our resolve until their big cousins can come and, indeed, eat us. :cry:

lightbane

Arcane
Perception: So you don't like spiders? Especially big ones? I can understand that, in that case I reccomend you to not play Dark Messiah 'cause it has some really big, really ugly, horrible, poisonous spiders... Can't say about Jaws of Cerberus though.

Anyways,

:thumbsup:

Thanks again for the lp.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Black Cat said:
lightbane said:
A Strange Journey lp would be good too.
Crooked Bee said:
I'd really love to see you LP Strange Journey.

I may if I manage to run the emulators well on my Notebook thingie, though being so new I had kind of mixed feelings about doing it and Devil Survivor given maybe not all people who would play it already did. Can you actually take screenies from a DS someway, since we are at it?

I take screenies with Greenshot for my 4HoL LP. Works wonders. It's very easy to select the screen area you want it to capture.

And what's this odd excuse about SJ being "recent"? Those who care about SMT have no doubt played it already, and those who haven't may be attracted to it via your LP, so it's a win-win, really. Plus it's not like a game being old guarantees that many people have played it.
It's up to you though, of course. And no matter what you choose to LP next,

Black Cat

Magister
lightbane said:
Perception: So you don't like spiders? Especially big ones? I can understand that, in that case I reccomend you to not play Dark Messiah 'cause it has some really big, really ugly, horrible, poisonous spiders... Can't say about Jaws of Cerberus though.

I did play Dark Messiah and, indeed, while I really liked that game the spiders were a huge pile of horrid nightmare fuel for me. Falling down into the spider caves almost at the begining and having to escape was a really scary moment for me, and that shaft where the spiders crawled down by the walls had me almost leave the game. And, like, that spider had me so shocked I actually killed her on my first try because no matter how many potions I have to waste and how many AI bugs I have to exploit and how much side straffing I have to pull out of my pointy hat I will never, ever, lose to a giant spider because then the game will surely do a horrible close up or put a death screen or something equally horrible and I will have to go for weeks without sleep, imagining the darkness is full of hungry huge spiders. If I can't help it I just ALT+CTRL+DEL out the game or strike the power switch before my hitpoints runs out. :cry:

A bunch of friends of mine did kind of help me get over it some time ago because they said someone so obviously closet emogoth as I am had to play with spiders while giggling creepily to be whole, but now it seems a couple months ago it kicked back again and I'm already getting anxious and feeling sick while playing almost every single dungeon crawler ever made. Yay for me.

Crooked Bee said:
Those who care about SMT have no doubt played it already, and those who haven't may be attracted to it via your LP, so it's a win-win, really.

That's a good point, yes. I'll get to work on making the Emulators run as intended and eventually i'll do it, then.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Black Cat said:
More importantly... Is the giant spider creepy? :oops:
Sort of, but surely she is mobile :M. Also you have special death screen!
Please go for Elvira 2 LP, I slayed Cerberus 10 minutes ago and certainly may lend you a hand if you will stuck.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Yay, another great Horrorsoft LP!

BTW, that stone you use to get to Emelda is also the most powerful weapon in the game. When I replay the game I rush through the garden and get the crusader sword ASAP so I can get it. I think if you're quick it's possible to get SKILL into the 90's.

I never finished Jaws of Cerberus, as its the one game in the trilogy I disliked. Would be interesting to see if you can make it through.

Ratatosk

Educated
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Black Cat said:
More importantly... Is the giant spider creepy?
spiderfood.jpg

Thanks for playing... so that I don´t have to :salute:

lightbane

Arcane
Black Cat said:
I'm very scared of spiders, nyah

Well, in Dark Messiah spiders stopped being scary for me when I learned the wonders of the spells Fireball, Lightning Bolt and Mind Control. I had some problems with the Spider Queen since it seems I found a weird bug where its "death animation" would not trigger and thus it would attack me constantly while not registering any damage I did at all. I reloaded a previous save and it worked fine, killing the spider with 3 fireballs, a bit disappointing.

About Elvira 2's spider, well, I searched some info and yes, it's big, creppy, ugly and somewhat scary plus it does have a special death screen, luckily for you it's nothing really gross nor disturbing.

Black Cat

Magister
Ratatosk said:
Thanks for playing... so that I don´t have to :salute:

Ratatosk and his totally awesome pictures are back! That's so cool.

Lightbane said:
About Elvira 2's spider, well, I searched some info and yes, it's big, creppy, ugly and somewhat scary plus it does have a special death screen, luckily for you it's nothing really gross nor disturbing.

My honour and reputation as a master Dungeon Crawler is at stake, now, so i'll have to get over it and kill the creepy thingie anyway, no matter how many nightmares I suffer afterwards. * sigh *

Sceptic said:
BTW, that stone you use to get to Emelda is also the most powerful weapon in the game. When I replay the game I rush through the garden and get the crusader sword ASAP so I can get it. I think if you're quick it's possible to get SKILL into the 90's.

I did discover it could be used as a weapon just before entering to face her, when I noticed I could also use and not just examine, but didn't knew it was actually strong at all. It's good to know.

Sceptic said:
I never finished Jaws of Cerberus, as its the one game in the trilogy I disliked. Would be interesting to see if you can make it through.

I hope I can. I have a quite fragmented memory of it, but i'm slowly putting it all together somehow. Basicaly, I remember most, if not all, of the haunted house, part of the creepy caves where the spider lives, and almost nothing at all of the catacombs beneath the graveyard. Though some things I remember too vaguely, so in a way it's worse than not remembering anything at times, given I get more confused than helped by my own half remembered and half misunderstood flashbacks.

And somehow I'm managing to hit all the dead ends again, yay. :roll: Lucky me I go around making backup saves and rollback saves all the time.

spekkio

Arcane
Great job with this LP. I was always thinking that "Elviras" are adventure games with some action and RPG elements, but the first one looked more like a good old dungeon crawler...

Anyway:

spiderfood.jpg

:salute:

And onto the 2nd one... :M

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'd like to make a suggestion for your next game: try murders in space. It is very evil and full of "alternate" endings. Finding all of the secrets and saving everyone is not easy!

I haven't played the prequel, "murders in venice" but i'd think it was more of the same.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Good job kitty, the game looks fun!

Elvira is proud of you:
elvira01.jpg

I also just watched the film and it had nothing to do with the game even though the names are identical. I do recommend the film though, it's a decent good B-film T&A comedy.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
A bit late to the party, since I only had time to finish reading this thread recently, but wanted to express my appreciation for Your efforts and the entertainment this LP has provided. Good job. :thumbsup:

Onward to reading the next LP.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom