Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News CD Projekt RED News: Cyberpunk 2077 Announced, The Witcher 2 Going Mac, REDkit Intro Video

ColCol

Arcane
We need to decode the meaning behind their words:

Sandbox rpg that uses P&P rules=linear cover shooter

Morkar Left

Exactly this. I'm sceptical what they mean with sandbox.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
A cyberpunk sandbox game set in a large city, this just might be a dream come true.

YES! A popamole is always a dream come true when there so many RPGs being created...

And just how many of those RPGs have cyberpunk setting and sandbox world? I am a old SF fan and I grow up on Neuromancer and Blade Runner so a prospect of walking down a run down street during the rain, passing by cybernetically enhanced people, seeing massive animated commercial billboards, hearing sound of those commercials promising a better life from this bleak existence and whole time acid jazz playing in the background is pretty exiting for me.

Alex_Steel

Arcane
Patron
I wish they would do something at the level of 'The Witcher' with that setting but I doubt it. It is one of the rare chances to have a non-fantasy cRPG and I really think they will screw this up with their AAA delusions.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
"Open world" game from the makers of Witcher where you couldn't jump or climb and ran around in delineated on-rails pathing.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
"Open world" game from the makers of Witcher where you couldn't jump or climb and ran around in delineated on-rails pathing.

It will never happen. Witcher 2 was advertises with the same words. And it was open like a locked closet.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I certainly wouldn't mind a witcher-styled game (aRPG+C&C+fairly good story) in a cyberpunk setting, especially if it will be more free roaming. I sincerely hope they include cyberspace and not in a half-assed way.

UnknownBro

Savant
Nice arcade game The Twitcher... clicky clicky.
Just one question, will this be released on consoles?

If yes, fuck them in the ass already. :flamesaw:

Esquilax

Arcane
Your mother sucks dwarf cyborg cock!

In all honesty, I'm kinda interested. It won't be an RPG, but a storyfag action-adventure game with a cool cyberpunk setting might be a lot of fun.

MCA
Huh, glorified level + quest editor. Too bad that you can't create your own character in the game and the character system is pretty fucking rigid. Those two pretty much defeats its purpose for me. They should give us some access to UI, controls and at least some of the core mechanics so that people can create marvelous things. Not really interested in any further custom GERALT! quests. I liked TW+TW2 quite a lot but I've had enough of him, really.

MCA
We need to decode the meaning behind their words:

Sandbox rpg that uses P&P rules=linear cover shooter

Exactly this. I'm sceptical what they mean with sandbox.

Well, it can't be any worse than Alpha Popamole now, can it?

R00FLES!

It will never happen. Witcher 2 was advertises with the same words. And it was open like a locked closet.

So was Bloodlines. If you had to compare, TW series are more open and sandboxy. I wouldn't have the least problem with that type of game as long as the writing, story, quests etc. are solid. TW+TW2 are no Bloodlines in that regard but I still enjoyed them a lot in their own style.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Well when you see the GIGANTO Console interface, I think that will be self explanatory. Just like Witcher 2.

Harold

Arcane
1920x1080_GIRL-CP77.jpg

NEEDS MOAR BLAD!

Silly potato developers, have they learned nothing from Dragon Age?

Hellraiser

Arcane
My expectations are that they don't fuck over the core ruleset too much and there is some build variety with the setting being adapted properly. Oh and yes Cyberspace is a fucking must. But I honestly don't expect it to be more than twitcher meets deus ex/bloodlines when it comes to the sandbox part.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Huh, glorified level + quest editor. Too bad that you can't create your own character in the game and the character system is pretty fucking rigid. Those two pretty much defeats its purpose for me. They should give us some access to UI, controls and at least some of the core mechanics so that people can create marvelous things. Not really interested in any further custom GERALT! quests. I liked TW+TW2 quite a lot but I've had enough of him, really.
Come on, talented modders can make great levels and quests, stories with it. Even though it's about Geralt, they can be still lots of fun.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I hope this is the GTA RPG of my dreams. Take Genesis Shadowrun as inspiration, make it three-dee, and not-shit.

What is this male gaze shit? Looks like CD Projekt isn't learning animals. A certain fangirl needs alerting so she can conveniently ignore this.

Licaon_Kter

Augur
Did they announce ( http://en.thewitcher.com/redkit ) you CAN'T use other models as the main one or something? I don't see how they can force that in a mod. Models/textures can be swapped so you could use other models as the main one. This worked in TW1: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dopplers-essence

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
So was Bloodlines. If you had to compare, TW series are more open and sandboxy. I wouldn't have the least problem with that type of game as long as the writing, story, quests etc. are solid. TW+TW2 are no Bloodlines in that regard but I still enjoyed them a lot in their own style.

Indulge me. Why is TW more sandboxy than Bloodlines?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom