Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News CD Projekt release Cyberpunk 2077 teaser trailer

Malpercio

Arcane
cVCts.gif

Cool name

Arcane
On the side note, personally I laugh my ass off at the attempts to replace original soundtrack with some random electro music from some other game, which does not support anything in the teaser (when it comes to theme, ambience and general subject) and calling it an improvement. It's just trying too hard.

Do please forgive me but when to understand what did just happen you do need a little blurb to come with the trailer few good things can be said about the theme, the ambience, and the general subject of it. I do find no vision on it. I do in fact find little beyond pandering and trying to look profound and artsy while being as shallow as they can be.

Edit: And the song is just boring.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
On the side note, personally I laugh my ass off at the attempts to replace original soundtrack with some random electro music from some other game, which does not support anything in the teaser (when it comes to theme, ambience and general subject) and calling it an improvement. It's just trying too hard.

Do please forgive me but when to understand what did just happen you do need a little blurb to come with the trailer few good things can be said about the theme, the ambience, and the general subject of it. I do find no vision on it. I do in fact find little beyond pandering and trying to look profound and artsy while being as shallow as they can be.

Edit: And the song is just boring.

Oh you. :mad: Meh, we could do another round of proving and disproving each other, but it's something we'd rather avoid, I guess. :P

The only thing of note here I was trying to make is that as shallow and 'artsy' as the teaser appears to be (it's a teaser trailer - essentailly a commercial that has to stand out from other commercials - for God's sake!) most Codexers still would cheapen it even further with generic "it ain't the right music" whereby they proceed feeding it with some random tracks without regard to context and theme, and say: "there, I improved it!". In other words they may see some problem, but cannot identify it and least of all fix it.

I find the trailer to be satisfying enough, and I think it achieves it's purpose. ;)

Kahlis

Cipher
I dug this up from last year's Summer Conference which reminds me of why I was originally hopeful, but after that trailer I'm not as sure.

screenshot2013011111504.png

Hellraiser

Arcane
It's a CGI teaser, all it is supposed to do is look flashy so that prospective buyers jizz all over their monitors. The only solid piece of information we got is that at least they know how to make Night City look right and that the release date is 2015 or possibly later. I'm waiting to see how they want to implement the mechanics, but considering how prevalent popamole is these days I think I know the answer.

Mrowak

Arcane
It's a CGI teaser, all it is supposed to do is look flashy so that prospective buyers jizz all over their monitors. The only solid piece of information we got is that at least they know how to make Night City look right and that the release date is 2015 or possibly later. I'm waiting to see how they want to implement the mechanics, but considering how prevalent popamole is these days I think I know the answer.

Yeah bro. Just remember it was a teaser to spark interest in the game and begin creating fanbase in advance. They showcased what they had ready now: concept arts. The game itself is at this point just a bunch of code, some aesthetic assets and a vision document coupled with tonnes of spreadsheets, mind-maps and story concepts. AFAIK they are still recruiting people for the project.

Bony

Learned
Queued
Get your shit together CDP , this is how you make a trailer for a cyberpunk game and a teaser:

I present you the Codex Cyb3rp4nk XXX Enahnced GOTY Edition trailer with all dlcs included :

Cool name

Arcane
The only thing of note here I was trying to make is that as shallow and 'artsy' as the teaser appears to be (it's a teaser trailer - essentailly a commercial that has to stand out from other commercials - for God's sake!) most Codexers still would cheapen it even further with generic "it ain't the right music" whereby they proceed feeding it with some random tracks without regard to context and theme, and say: "there, I improved it!". In other words they may see some problem, but cannot identify it and least of all fix it.

I am going to improve it for you. :)

1. Open this video on a window. Mute it. Stop it. Reset it at 00:00.

2. Open this video on a different window. Stop it. Reset it at 00:00.

3. Click play on the second video. Then click play on the first one. If the delay is of around a second the two will be kind of synchronized. You will notice it if they are.

And the lyrics do now fit the theme much more closely.
kissu.gif

I find the trailer to be satisfying enough, and I think it achieves it's purpose.

Maybe it does and I am just not in the market for boobs, slowmo bullets, and power armor. It could be.

Yet let us be honest here. 'Violent imagery with emo music' is probably second only to 'Epic imagery with that requiem for a dream song' in terms of trashy trailers.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Everybody (remotely sane) can understand it's just a CGI teaser trailer for a game that will be released in 2 years. What's there to discus then, except the very well done cgi the rather boring content and the bad choice for music ?

I wouldn't call it a bad teaser trailer, but neither a good one.

I think that the DX:HR teaser trailers were much better, for instance.

Esquilax

Arcane
Everybody (remotely sane) can understand it's just a CGI teaser trailer for a game that will be released in 2 years. What's there to discus then, except the very well done cgi the rather boring content and the bad choice for music ?

I agree. I mean, we're not skyway here, we don't have a crystal ball that or his brilliant insight that allows him to know if a game is shit based on a 30 second teaser trailer. As a result, we're doomed to just speculate until more details come out. :(

Mrowak

Arcane

I am going to improve it for you. :)

1. Open this video on a window. Mute it. Stop it. Reset it at 00:00.

2. Open this video on a different window. Stop it. Reset it at 00:00.

3. Click play on the second video. Then click play on the first one. If the delay is of around a second the two will be kind of synchronized. You will notice it if they are.

And the lyrics do now fit the theme much more closely.
kissu.gif

I am speechless. :eek: Such an :incline: !! But I guess I am in more of an emo penderous mood too much now so I stick to my guns regardless. :P

I find the trailer to be satisfying enough, and I think it achieves it's purpose.

Maybe it does and I am just not in the market for boobs, slowmo bullets, and power armor. It could be.

Yet let us be honest here. 'Violent imagery with emo music' is probably second only to 'Epic imagery with that requiem for a dream song' in terms of trashy trailers.

Well you forgot about "the epic imagery and hollywood music with explosions and boobshots of skimpy clad nun assassins". But we know that story all too well.

Mrowak

Arcane

Ok, I admit this one impressed me a lot back in the day:

of course save for "trying too hard" lines, but that's a teaser.

And yeah, the music is infinitely better.

Indranys

Savant
The protagonist will be predetermined like Witcher games right??
I hope he is not Geralt the cyberpunk version.
And please do not use Witcher 2-esqe combat. :mad:

UnknownBro

Savant
You gentlemen are missing the point and lacking the proper aptitude to comprehend the vision of the artist who crafted this masterpiece of a trailer! :obviously:

Obviously it's made from the perspective of the bitch-cyborg. She likes 5 seconds to Mars and that kind of shit, so it's logical that while she is killing all those meatballs she is listening to her favourite shitty soft-rock band in her music player. I sure know that most women have shitty taste in music.

You even can hear the music being lowered while she is inside the car dressing. Duh!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm waiting to see how they want to implement the mechanics, but considering how prevalent popamole is these days I think I know the answer.
You don't have to lug around an armor jacket with you - often the best armor is what you can find around you. Cover allows you to move from place to place, letting something else soak up the gunfire.
COMMON COVER SPS
Sheetrock Wall 5
Stone Wall 30
Large Tree, Phone Pole 30
Brick wall 25
Concrete Block Wall 10
Wood door 5
Heavy Wood Door 15
Steel Door 20
Concrete Ultility Pole 35
Data Term™ 25
Car body, door 10
Armored Car body 40
AV-4 Body 40
Engine block 35
Mailbox 25
Hydrant 35
Curb 25

All those cover modifiers...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom