Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt tackles The Witcher 3 downgrade issue head on - eurogamer article

Ultra

Educated
Can't condone CDPR shenanigans obviously but it's just advertising of course it's all bullshit, that's what advertising is. They're not interested in informing people about exactly what the game is actually gong to look like, what kind of shit advert would that be? no cunt would buy it and they would go out of business. And this is the issue people want to moralise about? you're surrounded by bullshit every minute of every day about every thing because your only value on this earth is as a mindless cum recepticle for every private enterprise in business to constantly spunk in to :) People thinking they were gonna be able to run a game that looks like the 2013 stuff is just a joke not even sli titans could come any where near that in a big open world game. Every time I see a somebody crying because they "bought a 970 for this game and it doesn't look like the trailers" I can't help but do 2 things: laugh because I'm a cunt and think yeah you were a mark and got got by Nvidia and CDPRs combined marketing might, I almost did too until some miserly part of my brain thought no way if this can run on the consoles do I need a new GPU. Turns out that's true.

Not trying to say I'm above all this because I'm not but a little cynicism or whatever is the opposite of the 'hype train' thing people get themselves all worked up about would serve them well but if you went back to 2013 and said then "Hey guys maybe it won't really look like that, don't get carried away and reserve judgment" you would probably be accused of being a troll, a hater or too negative or some shit.

Bethesda are going to pinch off a vertical slice of Fallout 4 this year and the whole cycle will begin anew.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
CDPR and their fanbase:

-"Now, now, Billy. I know daddy promised you a bike for christmas, but you need to understand that when daddy made that promise he didn't know he would also have to buy presents for Susy and Jimmy."
-"Yes, daddy"
-"So, you see Billy, daddy never LIED to you, he just forgot about his two other children, that's all"
-"Yes, daddy. Sorry I doubted you daddy"
-"That's a good boy!"

Cadmus

Arcane
In every screenshot comparison TW2 looks better than TW3. It really sucks, but TW2 was already stunningly beautiful so it's not that bad. It makes me wanna replay TW2.

Perkel

Arcane
Witcher 3 patch 1.0.3 out now!

Changelog: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Patch 1.03 changelog:

• Improves stability in gameplay and the UI.
  • Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay
  • Fixes grass and foiliage popping that can occur after density parameters change
  • Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance
  • Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset
  • Sharpen Postprocess settings extended from Off/On to Off/Normal/High
  • Improves menu handling
  • Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard
  • Corrects an issue with stamina regeneration while sprinting
  • Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occcurs when scrolling the map
  • Generally improves world map focus
  • Corrects a bug where player was able to fire bolts at friendly NPCs
  • Corrects an issue in dialog selections
  • Corrects some missing translations in the UI
  • Minor SFX improvements -Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
  • Rostan Muggs is back

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Environments in DA:I were fucking dead and riddled with MMO bullshit.

water in tw3
the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-water-quality-001-ultra-640px.jpg

water in DAI

Storm_coast-0.jpg

Storm_Coast_Scenic.png

which one looks deader ?:M

JasonNH

Augur
I highly doubt those are in game screenshots without touch ups. Real DA:I screenshot:

3-IfarIhb.jpg

GrainWetski

Arcane
It is still best looking RPG ever even with downgrades. For comparison i played DAI and that ran rather bad considering that it wasn't even open world game.
Modded Skyrim is the best looking action RPG.

hivemind

CDPR and their fanbase:

-"Now, now, Billy. I know daddy promised you a bike for christmas, but you need to understand that when daddy made that promise he didn't know he would also have to buy presents for Susy and Jimmy."
-"Yes, daddy"
-"So, you see Billy, daddy never LIED to you, he just forgot about his two other children, that's all"
-"Yes, daddy. Sorry I doubted you daddy"
-"That's a good boy!"

They never forgot about Susy and Jimmy, just didn't tell you about them. I mean, who would like finding out they have two bastard siblings right before christmas ?

Did the console versions restrict the PC version?
"If the consoles are not involved there is no Witcher 3 as it is," answers Marcin Iwinski, definitively. "We can lay it out that simply. We just cannot afford it, because consoles allow us to go higher in terms of the possible or achievable sales; have a higher budget for the game, and invest it all into developing this huge, gigantic world. "Developing only for the PC: yes, probably we could get more [in terms of graphics] as there would be nothing else - they would be so focused, like if we would develop only on Xbox One or PlayStation 4. But then we cannot afford such a game."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...he-witcher-3-graphics-downgrade-issue-head-on

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
"If the consoles are not involved there is no Witcher 3 as it is," answers Marcin Iwinski, definitively. "We can lay it out that simply. We just cannot afford it, because consoles allow us to go higher in terms of the possible or achievable sales; have a higher budget for the game, and invest it all into developing this huge, gigantic world. "Developing only for the PC: yes, probably we could get more [in terms of graphics] as there would be nothing else - they would be so focused, like if we would develop only on Xbox One or PlayStation 4. But then we cannot afford such a game."
Even if I cared about CDPR sales, I'd still call it a weak excuse. Implement two renderers - one for consoles (preset low quality/high performance) and one for PC (adjustable quality with ultra being equal to pre-downgrade promos). Problem solved.

Cadmus

Arcane
It's so sad how he feels the need to say "firstly, the consoles are totally awesome because we can sell more games on them" and then say "we probably maybe possibly in extreme cases could make the game look prettier" what a bunch of losers

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Even if I cared about CDPR sales, I'd still call it a weak excuse. Implement two renderers - one for consoles (preset low quality/high performance) and one for PC (adjustable quality with ultra being equal to pre-downgrade promos). Problem solved.

What you're suggesting is reasonable, but you forget that consoletards are not reasonable people. This solution would only result in TW3 becoming an obvious example of how consoles are just pieces of junk, already technically obsolete by the time they are RELEASED. No, no. PC graphics are only allowed to be SLIGHTLY better. Showing the REAL gap between PC and consoles would just result in epic amounts of :butthurt:.

JasonNH

Augur
Is that on very low? I hate DA:I as much as anyone else but I can't deny that it looks much better than your screenshot and better than TW3.

Not sure. You can get a bunch of 5k screenshots of DA:I here. I think they're fuzzy with lots of bloom, but that could be changed with personal settings I guess. Either way, they are certainly not the same quality as those from the person I quoted, and I mostly prefer TW3 visuals (except deep water) with some SweetFx tweaks. *shrug*

Cadmus

Arcane
lol retards, lol. DA:I looks like shite, the character models for example are just fucking disgusting, same as any bioshit game. It's really weird since this is Frostbite and not that previous shit engine, it's just that Bioware have no idea what humans look like.

Perkel

Arcane

There is nothing wrong with renderer. In fact it is way better than 2013 one.
Downgrade is reduced polycount, draw distance, particle effects, lack of tesselation etc.

their render is really good. It handles well contrast which isn't something easy to do:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom