Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

CD Projekt's CYBERPUNK 2077 Release Thread - Concerned For The Consoles

Discussion in 'CD Projekt Red' started by Sam Ecorners, Dec 10, 2020.

1. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    CP77 has genuine game mechanics problems, but lots of people's complaints are stemming from the fact they want to fit the game into a mold of what they imagine it should be like instead of letting the game inform them on how its systems are intended to be used. Someone has played Deus Ex, someone has played some immersive sim, and suddenly CP77 is bad because it doesn't copy the "right" play style that they are used to. The real problems get overlooked for grog whining. It was the same with the codex reaction to Witcher 3, so this shouldn't be surprising.

Yeah, I didn't really research what "Ignore Film Grain" does, but because it was grouped with the sharpen setting, I assumed it serves to clear the noise introduced by the sharpening itself. If you apply a strong sharpening filter to an image you will see noise around the edges where one color passes to another. I assumed this is what "Ignore Film Grain" fights. Maybe it also has an effect if your ingame film grain is turned on, because both are post-processing effects on the frame, and I assume Nvidia Control Panel's post processing is applied after all the ingame post processing.

Do report if you find a setting that works well. Also if you are interested check the manual upscaling method I described. It works so well for me for 1080-to-1440 upscale, and the game run so smoothly now, that I think it's worth trying out for anyone who is running at around 40fps to bring him to a 60fps. I'll compare some screenshots later to confirm how much visual difference there is between the native 1440p vs the 1080p upscale + sharpening. Maybe it will stand out more in still screenshots, but ingame I barely feel any difference.

BTW GrafvonMoltke , this may unironically be it. I'm running on SSD and have absolutely zero LoD jump problems, though I still have object, shadow and light pop-in from the distance. These are the ingame values though and tweaking them while probably doable is something I don't see a point in until the game is at least somewhat optimized by CDPR. Here is the nvidia Witcher 3 guide which explains how you can get rid of pop-in by changing values manually in the config files: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...hunt-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide/

Imagine how many times this guy has been miraculaously healed if no one in the church is even noticing :lol:

IMO the female V sounds leagues better than the male. I'm playing a female nomad now after a couple of hours trying out a male street kid. I haven't checked but am willing to bet that the English V/O is the worst of all options, like in Witcher 3. Once again they can't afford (or maybe made a wrong decision on it?) good talent for English, but they have the best actors available for German, French, Russian, Spanish, etc.
    It got invaded by reddit and 4chan crowds who think nuDeusEx is the crowning achievement of gaming and have the vocabulary of a 3.5 year-old.

My impression pretty much. I am really impressed by what was achieved in terms of 3D character acting performance though. Even in Witcher 3 CDPR had done so much with so little available to them technically, getting through via voice acting, gestures and what little face animations they had everything they couldn't get through with real actors. Now that they have so much more face capture and motion capture, the cliche about 3d models coming to life is much less of an exaggeration. Also, I'm hot on Evelyn Parker :lol:

"Ta panta rhei kai ouden menei"

"They took our waifus, gamers rise!" Yeah, it's buggy, but come on.

They are shy of the camera. :lol:

Search this thread for "44 Khz" or something like that. I think it's in the first 10 pages or so.
    There it is:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    • retadred retadred x 3
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Okay, all of you closet console retards pretending to be prestigious tune in:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. MartinK Educated

MartinK
    Show Spoiler
    I suppose it would be possible to simulate these responses. I would gladly give up my body to become VR anime girl or something. Real body need to sleep, eat, drink, piss, shit, smells, gets dirty, can get hurt etc. Yeah, not gonna happen because full brain simulation is about as possible as FTL, but would be nice.

^ Top  
  4. kangaxx Learned

kangaxx
    I've played about 4h and this game is completely fucking broken.

Bugs I've seen:
    • Floating cops
    • My car blowing up for no reason whilst stationary in the street
    • An entire gang despawning right in front me
    • Now can't load up my latest game... it flat out crashes back to the desktop, so I'll probably lose quite a bit of progress
    They shouldn't have released the game in this state. Aside from the bugs it seems interesting enough to warrant a playthrough.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. markec Twitterbot Patron

markec
    Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Managed to find time to play it for 2 hours, on my i5-6600k and GTX 1060 6BG it runs great on medium to high details. The world looks great but I cant really comment much in depth about gameplay since Im still early in the game and real life issues will prevent me from giving it a more extensive game time.

Just to say I am one of the people who really liked Witcher 3 so I did come in this game with cautious optimism. Basically expecting beautiful but shallow world, shitty combat and interesting quests, writing and NPC. From what I did see it, it seems thats exactly what I got only even more shallow RPG elements.

Still I will continue playing and hopefully at the end the good will outweigh the bad.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Readher Learned

Readher
    English VA for female V is a good and known talent. The thing is, she's mostly doing anime and Japanese games dub.

I'm talking from the subreddit's perspective here. Romances were half of the discussion there, as is usually the case with RPGs in places like that. The disappointment is bound to be huge.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  7. Jenkem Self-Ejected Patron

Jenkem
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    Don't worry guys, maybe the multiplayer will be good.

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. MartinK Educated

MartinK
    Actually african tribal (and tribal in general) warfare is highly ritualized affair that scarcely results in mass death, because it turns out tribal societies cnnot sustain high loses wihttu collapsing. Or at least it used to be, untill white man taught them to to war properly.

• How about this as a button x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • cool story bro x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. BarbequeMasta Learned

BarbequeMasta
    Yeah they should have delayed again and gave the "muh crunch" activists the middle finger. either way am not getting for a month at least, clearly too buggy.

^ Top  
  10. Child of Malkav Arbiter

Child of Malkav
    Is it true that this game had a budget of 300 million dollars? Because if so, that money went to Keanu, not the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • How about this as a button How about this as a button x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Readher Learned

Readher
    Show Spoiler

I imagine what you're proposing would be the next research step once compatibility issue regarding mind transfer is solved. Remember, it wasn't that long ago when storing actual consciousness and not just a copy of it became possible, and it's only in that one ending in 2077 where transferring it back to a body was a success.

^ Top  
  12. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    Hey GrafvonMoltke have you tried flicking "Slow HDD mode" on in the options?

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Haplo Cipher Patron

Haplo
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Thank you very much for replaying.
    I tried that fix yesterday. It did clear the weird reverb/water membrane muffled sound effects. Unfortunately it did not fix the muffled, barely audible front and rear channel sounds.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Robber Baron Learned

Robber Baron
    what about the "we're pulling the fucking money" activists

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. TheHeroOfTime Arcane

TheHeroOfTime
    Thanks to muh activists who wanted the game getting released as soon as possible CD Projekt will have to crunch more than ever if they want to get the bugs from all version fixed.

• Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Ezeekiel Liturgist

Ezeekiel
    64000+ user reviews now on day 2.

Hot damn.

^ Top  
  17. VaxxedDeadman Arcane Patron

VaxxedDeadman
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    The police spawns are fucking retarded. The moment you commit a crime a squad of policemen spawns behind you back. It can literally be the same second you shoot someone - they will spawn 5 meters behind your back.

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Child of Malkav Arbiter

Child of Malkav
    Does anyone know what the quick load keybind is? F5 is quick save and you can see it in the main menu, bottom right but uh, where is the the quick load one? Does it have one?

^ Top  
  19. Robber Baron Learned

Robber Baron
    You're making a product to sell and you either do the job or get the fuck out or let the marketers do theirs, but those cost extra

^ Top  
  20. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    Since I don't play Japanese games (just can't find anything that I like, no racism :D) nor watch anime (same reasons), I haven't grown used to her, and her voicing is perfect for the kind of libertarian anti-establishment nomad character I wanted.

Regarding disappointment in the subreddit, I'm coming to think the game that would sell millions upon milllions will be the one that magically finds people real-life girlfriends.

I guess you've already gone through the usual "Realtek HD Audio Manager" or equivalent Control Panel applet? If no, then I'd start by resetting everything to default there. If playing with headphones, turn off all the "headphone-specific" options in that applet and in the game - especially "Windows Sound"->your speakers' (with a green checkmark) Properties -> "Spatial Sound" tab - set the dropdown to "Off".

If not playing with headphones, try them for a moment to see if the effect goes away.

I have an old Creative 5+1 speakers setup, of which I only use the left and right speaker and the subwoofer (into which all the speakers need to be connected). In my Windows Sound / Speakers Setup I have this selected:

• Racist Racist x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. CyberWhale Arcane

CyberWhale

Optimization video finally. Or not, fuck HUB and his GPU test.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    Stop embedding fucking reddit videos.

• Brofist x 9
    • Agree x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • No x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. abnaxus Arcane Patron

abnaxus
    Todd wins again.

• How about this as a button How about this as a button x 1
    • cool story bro cool story bro x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. TheHeroOfTime Arcane

TheHeroOfTime
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim as a braindance.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. orcinator Liturgist

orcinator
    Broke: Todd
    Woke: Todlinsczky

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.