Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

MartinK

Learned
You do run on a computer though. Your mind is transferred to Mikoshi which is where Saburo's mind was being kept as well before they transferred him to Yorinobu's body. As for why you'd want to transfer back into an actual body, I guess it's to feel that actual control you have as a human? You know, being able to feel, touch and all that.

I suppose it would be possible to simulate these responses. I would gladly give up my body to become VR anime girl or something. Real body need to sleep, eat, drink, piss, shit, smells, gets dirty, can get hurt etc. Yeah, not gonna happen because full brain simulation is about as possible as FTL, but would be nice.

kangaxx

Arbiter
I've played about 4h and this game is completely fucking broken.

Bugs I've seen:
  • Floating cops
  • My car blowing up for no reason whilst stationary in the street
  • An entire gang despawning right in front me
  • Now can't load up my latest game... it flat out crashes back to the desktop, so I'll probably lose quite a bit of progress
They shouldn't have released the game in this state. Aside from the bugs it seems interesting enough to warrant a playthrough.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Managed to find time to play it for 2 hours, on my i5-6600k and GTX 1060 6BG it runs great on medium to high details. The world looks great but I cant really comment much in depth about gameplay since Im still early in the game and real life issues will prevent me from giving it a more extensive game time.

Just to say I am one of the people who really liked Witcher 3 so I did come in this game with cautious optimism. Basically expecting beautiful but shallow world, shitty combat and interesting quests, writing and NPC. From what I did see it, it seems thats exactly what I got only even more shallow RPG elements.

Still I will continue playing and hopefully at the end the good will outweigh the bad.

Readher

Savant
IMO the female V sounds leagues better than the male. I'm playing a female nomad now after a couple of hours trying out a male street kid. I haven't checked but am willing to bet that the English V/O is the worst of all options, like in Witcher 3. Once again they can't afford (or maybe made a wrong decision on it?) good talent for English, but they have the best actors available for German, French, Russian, Spanish, etc.
English VA for female V is a good and known talent. The thing is, she's mostly doing anime and Japanese games dub.

They took our waifus, gamers rise!" Yeah, it's buggy, but come on.
I'm talking from the subreddit's perspective here. Romances were half of the discussion there, as is usually the case with RPGs in places like that. The disappointment is bound to be huge.

MartinK

Learned
If you wanna see an endless cycle of black people killing each other watch a documentary about African tribal warfare.

Actually african tribal (and tribal in general) warfare is highly ritualized affair that scarcely results in mass death, because it turns out tribal societies cnnot sustain high loses wihttu collapsing. Or at least it used to be, untill white man taught them to to war properly.

BarbequeMasta

Learned
I've played about 4h and this game is completely fucking broken.

Bugs I've seen:
  • Floating cops
  • My car blowing up for no reason whilst stationary in the street
  • An entire gang despawning right in front me
  • Now can't load up my latest game... it flat out crashes back to the desktop, so I'll probably lose quite a bit of progress
They shouldn't have released the game in this state. Aside from the bugs it seems interesting enough to warrant a playthrough.
Yeah they should have delayed again and gave the "muh crunch" activists the middle finger. either way am not getting for a month at least, clearly too buggy.

Readher

Savant
You do run on a computer though. Your mind is transferred to Mikoshi which is where Saburo's mind was being kept as well before they transferred him to Yorinobu's body. As for why you'd want to transfer back into an actual body, I guess it's to feel that actual control you have as a human? You know, being able to feel, touch and all that.

I suppose it would be possible to simulate these responses. I would gladly give up my body to become VR anime girl or something. Real body need to sleep, eat, drink, piss, shit, smells, gets dirty, can get hurt etc. Yeah, not gonna happen because full brain simulation is about as possible as FTL, but would be nice.
I imagine what you're proposing would be the next research step once compatibility issue regarding mind transfer is solved. Remember, it wasn't that long ago when storing actual consciousness and not just a copy of it became possible, and it's only in that one ending in 2077 where transferring it back to a body was a success.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
My fault for biting the bullet so soon, but maybe someone can give me some advice.
Maybe it was already written somewhere, but I'm not reading all this shit.

On my headphones I have a weird sound behaviour, where the front and rear channels sound very muted, barely audible. To hear NPCs talk well, I basically need to turn my side to them. And I almost can't hear V speak. Yesterday I got rid of the Win10 weird reverb shit, but the problem with directional sound and very weak front and rear persists.

Can someone offer any advice?
Search this thread for "44 Khz" or something like that. I think it's in the first 10 pages or so.
There it is:

played through prologue, arriving at home but audio is fucked won't continue until they fix it

and its not the crackling issue which has been mentioned with a fix, its this:

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/sound-issues.11040671/

ffs / edit: fixed it, solution is in the above link.

other than that, game seems to be well optimized; playing at default high settings all around with rx 580 and an i5 4460(under minimum specs)

Thank you very much for replaying.
I tried that fix yesterday. It did clear the weird reverb/water membrane muffled sound effects. Unfortunately it did not fix the muffled, barely audible front and rear channel sounds.

Robber Baron

Savant
gave the "muh crunch" activists the middle finger.

what about the "we're pulling the fucking money" activists

Forgiveness-850x478.jpg

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Thanks to muh activists who wanted the game getting released as soon as possible CD Projekt will have to crunch more than ever if they want to get the bugs from all version fixed.

PrettyDeadman

The police spawns are fucking retarded. The moment you commit a crime a squad of policemen spawns behind you back. It can literally be the same second you shoot someone - they will spawn 5 meters behind your back.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Does anyone know what the quick load keybind is? F5 is quick save and you can see it in the main menu, bottom right but uh, where is the the quick load one? Does it have one?

Robber Baron

Savant
Thanks to muh activists who wanted the game getting released as soon as possible CD Projekt will have to crunch more than ever if they want to get the bugs from all version fixed.

You're making a product to sell and you either do the job or get the fuck out or let the marketers do theirs, but those cost extra

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
English VA for female V is a good and known talent. The thing is, she's mostly doing anime and Japanese games dub.

I'm talking from the subreddit's perspective here. Romances were half of the discussion there, as is usually the case with RPGs in places like that. The disappointment is bound to be huge.
Since I don't play Japanese games (just can't find anything that I like, no racism :D) nor watch anime (same reasons), I haven't grown used to her, and her voicing is perfect for the kind of libertarian anti-establishment nomad character I wanted.

Regarding disappointment in the subreddit, I'm coming to think the game that would sell millions upon milllions will be the one that magically finds people real-life girlfriends.

Thank you very much for replaying.
I tried that fix yesterday. It did clear the weird reverb/water membrane muffled sound effects. Unfortunately it did not fix the muffled, barely audible front and rear channel sounds.
I guess you've already gone through the usual "Realtek HD Audio Manager" or equivalent Control Panel applet? If no, then I'd start by resetting everything to default there. If playing with headphones, turn off all the "headphone-specific" options in that applet and in the game - especially "Windows Sound"->your speakers' (with a green checkmark) Properties -> "Spatial Sound" tab - set the dropdown to "Off".

If not playing with headphones, try them for a moment to see if the effect goes away.

I have an old Creative 5+1 speakers setup, of which I only use the left and right speaker and the subwoofer (into which all the speakers need to be connected). In my Windows Sound / Speakers Setup I have this selected:

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
I never want to hear one word about crunch due to the fact that Naughty Dog, the console crunch kings swept the game awards and won a prize for being the best game studio. It's all a circus. These people don't care.

Generic-Giant-Spider

People who make a big deal out of the CRUNCH of another person they have zero personal relationship with are premium fags.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom