Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
You can count the number of games that got turned around from an awful launch to something worth playing on one hand.
Neither mods nor patches will fix this mess. They already have your money anyway.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
This is plain wrong. Jackie drives you in the beginning and latter Panam drives you around a lot. Even if those are kind of scripted it shouldn't be too hard to create a working auto-drive system out of it for a patch...

AI driving is one thing, but the game would seriously benefit from a HUD, or simply audiovisual GPS feedback. Focusing on the minimap doesn't let me take in the city in any comprehensive way. YMMV with the display size, albeit looking at the corner of the screen always keeps the center out of focus.

Deflowerer

Arcane
But HG and CDPR are operating at very different scales
And by that you mean that at one point CDPR was close to eclipsing Ubisoft as the biggest developer/publisher in Europe.

Uh, how? Ubisoft does 2 billion in revenue which they can probably keep up relatively consistently (maybe a slight drop here and there) while CD Projekt did 500M in 2020 where they had their tentpole release many years after Witcher 3.

Zer0wing

Cipher
They already have your money anyway.
Whose money, again?
tenor.gif

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
Because the city is like one of those western movie sets. Just like Witcher 3. Animatronics and all!

What's the best open world? RDR2? That may have reaction and look good but that game is so boring and the story is worse than Cyberpunk.

Or is it some 2d pixel open world game? I think a vital part of a true open world is graphics

KVVRR

Learned
Because the city is like one of those western movie sets. Just like Witcher 3. Animatronics and all!

What's the best open world? RDR2? That may have reaction and look good but that game is so boring and the story is worse than Cyberpunk.

Or is it some 2d pixel open world game? I think a vital part of a true open world is graphics
Depends on what you're looking for in an open world game, but personally I'd say probably something like Terraria since it takes full advantage of being open world. If that doesn't count then uh, I guess New Vegas?

Codex Year of the Donut
Depending on what you classify as 'open world', I don't think the open world part is bad at all, I actually have a good bit of fun doing parkour stuff. None of the AI seem capable of driving though so I always see them just randomly stopped in the middle of the road.

Caim

Arcane

Dunno, one of the Might & Magic games?

Zer0wing

Cipher

Sabotain. :troll:

Unwanted
Dumbfuck

Sabotain. :troll:
Finally a display of some good taste in this thread. Chad Avalon Style delivering a complete and finished game while beta CD (stands for Cross-Dressing) Projekt got to the bullshot stage and then just gave up.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
salvaging cyberpunk would be difficult because it has issues that aren't easily solved with patches
they'd need hearts of stone/B&W-tier DLCs to save it
Apparently many fans hope the next gen patch will solve the various AI and systems issues that made CP broken in the first place coz the game was built with the last gen consoles in mind and therefore was fundamentally flimsy and relied on players not looking at it too close.

I seriously doubt they will be able to rehaul all the AI system so that they can utilize all the resources of the current gen tech but you can always hope.

Codex Year of the Donut
I have good performance despite being bottlenecked by my old gtx 980, idk about the performance complaints

hard to comment on the CPU-side of things tho because I play on my dev machine which has a threadripper 2950x

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I have good performance despite being bottlenecked by my old gtx 980, idk about the performance complaints

hard to comment on the CPU-side of things tho because I play on my dev machine which has a threadripper 2950x
I'm talking about things like AI driving in a straight line, people on the street following hilariously rudimentary pathing, cops and cars materializing in the air etc. All this exists because complex AI routines require powerful CPUs and RAM capacity and the last gen consoles have neither. And CDPR didn't split the game into two very different versions for PC/new gens on one hand and last gens on the other. So everybody is stuck with the shit sandwich.

Hence the hope we could get a proper version of the game without compromises with the next gen patch.

typical user

Arbiter
salvaging cyberpunk would be difficult because it has issues that aren't easily solved with patches
they'd need hearts of stone/B&W-tier DLCs to save it

They need a re-release. Expand the story with quests replacing the montage, scrap prologs, scrap lifepaths. They need to replace UI, perk, cyberware systems, rework on-foot movement, replace NPCs with more interactive ones, rework all distress calls and fixer jobs to have more depth, add radiant fixer and NCPD contracts. Basically make a new game. At least they have the city and other assets that can be reused, maybe expanded by teams which won't be working on mentioned issues.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom