Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Gargaune

Magister
Mods WOULD fix it, if CDPR supplied an interface for adding things to the game. But they didn't.

It replaces either dog-tags or armored vest. (Dog-tags version equips light while wearing Johnny's top - works with mods replacing Johnny's top)

In fact, they patched out a bit of CBP's already thin modding capabilities when they inexplicably disabled the debug console, now you need to run CET for that. But I'm not bitter or anything.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Mods WOULD fix it, if CDPR supplied an interface for adding things to the game. But they didn't.
MoDs WiLl FiX iT!!!!
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/2201

WolvenKit is a tool that allows you to edit the files of the game and create new ones to add it to the game. Currently we are in a bit beta stage so expect a couple of bugs but we can hopefully fix most of then as we go.

Codex Year of the Donut
all the complaints about technical issues is weird to me because by far my biggest issue is the story

I'm actually having fun with the gameplay, playing a stealthy techwizard with a gun that punches through cover is fun. But the story feels like it's falling completely flat, I'd probably have stopped playing if I didn't find the basic gameplay loop fun.
Not to say there aren't a lot of fun small one-off quests, there are. The main quest is just blech.

AI is kinda dumb tho

Last edited:

Zer0wing

Cipher
Witcher 1 and Witcher 3. Witcher 2 was their Oblivion and Cyberpunk is their Fallout 4, Fallout 76 will come soon enough when Cyberpunk gets its online mode.
Apt comparison.
Retarded comparison. CDPR clearly goes down a Bioware road. Their games are hugely cinematic, eye candy and with simplistic gameplay systems under the hood. And I'm not talking about poles here.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
all the complaints about technical issues is weird to me because by far my biggest issue is the story

I'm actually having fun with the gameplay, playing a stealthy techwizard with a gun that punches through cover is fun. But the story feels like it's falling completely flat, I'd probably have stopped playing if I didn't find the basic gameplay loop fun.
[...]
AI is kinda dumb tho

Punching trough cover might be kinda fun. Trouble is that it ALSO punches trough 3 floors and 5 walls (without any damage dropoff). AND certain perks and cyberware will outline enemy silhouttes in the entire location - like Ping or that perk that reveals enemies noticing you (why not 2D flags.. why silhouttes that even enable headshots trough multiple layers of concrete?).

Anyway, the tech guns (and sniper rifles) are kinda loud. If you really want to have a stealthy playstyle, go for (silenced) revolvers instead. With the right perks I guarantee that a stealthy headshot will not just remove 30% of the enemy health (unless we're speaking boss/cyberpsycho).
Also the perks/cyberware that extends the detection time/slow time when starting to be seen are gold!

Wesp5

Arcane
Don't want to imagine the clownish nightmare that would have been ensued if the game allowed the AI to drive the player between any two locations, although I suppose it would have been good for a few laughs. :M

This is plain wrong. Jackie drives you in the beginning and latter Panam drives you around a lot. Even if those are kind of scripted it shouldn't be too hard to create a working auto-drive system out of it for a patch...

Zer0wing

Cipher
This is plain wrong. Jackie drives you in the beginning and latter Panam drives you around a lot. Even if those are kind of scripted it shouldn't be too hard to create a working auto-drive system out of it for a patch...
Easier said than done in these dark post-modern inclooosive times. Watch Dogs: Legion has auto-driving system. Guess what, it's not recommended to use it unless you want to absent yourself from the game to the toilet. For ten minutes straight. Because self-driving AI in WD:Legion drives like yesterday's driving school student from Moscow. As in, drives on first gear around the block for his own leisure and when it takes the wrong turn, it will drive around the whole neighbour instead of simply turning around.

Last edited:

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron

Jackie and Panam AI ‘drive’ the car in the same way that a Barbie doll drives her convertible around the floor when a little girl is holding it. There is nothing beneath the veneer, it’s not ArmA.

typical user

Arbiter
Don't want to imagine the clownish nightmare that would have been ensued if the game allowed the AI to drive the player between any two locations, although I suppose it would have been good for a few laughs. :M

You are wrong Wesp. They don't drive you. The vehicle is scripted to float on pre-determined path with hand placed traffic. Back in 1.0 Jackie would "drive" the car while burning tyres which were locked in place, he would clip through closed garage doors and if we could switch to 3rd person we would be able to see how V's car makes impossible turns almost in place. Like Hace El Oso wrote, NPC vehicles like Panam's or Jackie's drive like toycars on a carpet in hands of 5 year old.

Codex Year of the Donut
Recommend turning on the "reduce pedestrians" or w/e option in the CET mod, greatly reduces the traffic too. Driving with all that traffic is stupid, and it also helps a lot with performance.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Jackie and Panam AI ‘drive’ the car in the same way that a Barbie doll drives her convertible around the floor when a little girl is holding it. There is nothing beneath the veneer, it’s not ArmA.
Y because Arma traffic Ai is something good :lol:

Ai even in Arma 3 is trash so its really shitty comparision.

Wesp5

Arcane
The vehicle is scripted to float on pre-determined path with hand placed traffic.

I don't know about the traffic, but as long as I am inside the car and wouldn notice it I wouldn't mind to scriptedly float to my destination. But then we have fast travel anyway for that...

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Also, the lack of self-driving cars is bullshit. You're going to tell me my bike can drive to me but I can't give it a destination to go to? Really?
Going to guess it was cut because the car AI drivers are pretty shit.
When a vehicle is called to the PC's location, it teleports to a spot nearby and then sometimes manages to crash in the short distance it has to travel relying on the vehicle AI. Don't want to imagine the clownish nightmare that would have been ensued if the game allowed the AI to drive the player between any two locations, although I suppose it would have been good for a few laughs. :M
Funny as fuck, the way you summon your car from around the corner works exactly like in Sabotain, only in Sabotain it is spawned further away and the pathing is better. Yeah baby, I was so ahead of the curve with my Sabotain shilling.

I just started the game, because I had nothing else to play and man, is it a chore. Whoever designed the controls and the interface deserves a good hard slap in the face. Also, the core gameplay is just a bad cover-based shooter with bullet sponges. To avoid the boring combat, I started sneaking around and taking enemies down from behind. This worked okay, but at the end of my current mission ("The Pickup"), I cannot sneak past Royce because I get instantly detected, even though he can't see me. I think this is a bug, but I'm not sure what to do about it. Any ideas?

The combat is great for a AAA RPG better than Skyrim and Fallout
You need to play some real RPG games my man, try comparing Fagpunk with Far Cry 2 and see what happens. Even ancient boomer hardcore RPGs like GTA2 had functional AI drivers and way better peds, not to mention a non-weeb taste in music.

Gargaune

Magister
Tag me when it's "mods HAVE fixed it."
You are wrong Wesp. They don't drive you. The vehicle is scripted to float on pre-determined path with hand placed traffic.
Is that a definite? Pretty sure I've seen CPU load go up in those sequences, which I assumed would be due to the AI actually pathfinding the route. And I believe I've also seen the AI hitting obstacles every once in a while.
I don't know about the traffic, but as long as I am inside the car and wouldn notice it I wouldn't mind to scriptedly float to my destination. But then we have fast travel anyway for that...
If the car drove itself between dynamic points, it wouldn't be scripted.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
It has problems, and in some ways has actually gotten worse over the years, but there is actually an AI system in place rather than nothing but a facade.
Dude I have been playing this series since operation flashpoint and AI didnt change a bit I bet they just copy paste the old code from 2001 at least in Cyberbug Ai takes cover in combat in Arma 50% of time they will go prone in middle of the street :lol:. When I played Arma 2 in a co-op group we had to use AI mods (so AI would try to take cover instead of just going prone in the middle of field), script the missions to hell and give enemy at least 4:1 numerical advandatage otherwise the bots were just too easy for us.

Last edited:

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
Dude I have been playing this series since operation flashpoint and AI didnt change a bit I bet they just copy paste the old code from 2001 at least in Cyberbug Ai takes cover in combat in Arma 50% of time they will go prone in middle of the street :lol:. When I played Arma 2 in a co-op group we had to use AI mods, script the missions to hell and give enemy at least 4:1 numerical advandatage otherwise the bots were just too easy for us.

This just isn’t true, man(I’ve also played since OFP) AI will perform bounding advance, use cover fire, clear areas and can drive from point A to point B or patrol. With mods(again, because there is a system to be modified) they will clear buildings, use them as defensive positions, use cover fire/smoke and work as a team to recover wounded comrades, the list goes on and on.

Absolutely nothing can be changed about Cyberpunk because there is no system, there is just the hand of the little girl on your convertible as she pushes it around under the dinner table.

Codex Year of the Donut
my criticisms would be a lot less if this wasn't one of the most hyped up and expensive video games ever made

janky AI and other issues could be explained away by "we didn't have the budget", no idea what cdpr's excuse is

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
This just isn’t true, man(I’ve also played since OFP) AI will perform bounding advance, use cover fire, clear areas and can drive from point A to point B or patrol. With mods(again, because there is a system to be modified) they will clear buildings, use them as defensive positions, use cover fire/smoke and work as a team to recover wounded comrades, the list goes on and on.

Absolutely nothing can be changed about Cyberpunk because there is no system, there is just the hand of the little girl on your convertible as she pushes it around under the dinner table.
Are you sure about that? What is this then?

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
Are you sure about that? What is this then?

It’s an unimplimemted, totally savage aggressive ‘drive to point’ with minimal ability to try and avoid some obstacles. How many Cyberpunk mods are there adding AI traffic?

GTA San Andreas had AI vs. AI chases and functional driving in an open world that ran on a toaster. Cyberpunk doesn’t have shit. Hilarious that video you linked is stamped to advertise the GTX 3090. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom