Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

just

Liturgist
Sidequests in the game so far remind me more of Mass Effect: Andromeda than they do The Witcher 3. Much like MEA, they generally start by you talking to an NPC or getting a message asking you to go shoot up a place, scan some stuff, or steal something, then report back to the NPC or just get a message saying "good job."

At least in TW3 you'd get to talk to various NPCs, make a choice or two, and there'd be a few cutscenes that'd actually give the sidequest some amount of story. With 2077 most of the non-story missions feel like the typical Ubisoft open-world missions, just *maybe* with a little extra dialogue.
people said it's the side content where cdpr shines but so far everything outside main story was fucking shit

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
How does it suck? What is a criteria for a valid build--finish the game, be the best possible build, or do all possible content in the game?

Should a build be OP at level 1, 5, 10, 20, etc? How long before it's considered 'online'?

I'm not trying to pull a Josh Sawyer and demand complete balance. On a fundamental mechanic level, stealth gunplay sucks. You shoot a dude in the head with a silenced pistol and it takes away like 20% of his health and everyone in the entire area then immediately knows where you are and you're in all-out combat. And that's without mentioning the missions that drop you into combat immediately and have huge bosses aware that you're coming. None of that is about effectiveness at all, it's about basic mechanics not working with the playstyle.

If you stealth only works properly... as in completing a mission stealthily... when you hack and use melee, then you shouldn't offer other stealth build options that frankly don't allow for stealth.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I went back in time and fixed Cyberpunk 2077.

Syndicate_PC_01.png

Duralux for Durabux

people said it's the side content where cdpr shines but so far everything outside main story was fucking shit
B.b..but Witcher 3, 10/10 ,200+ rewards , best storytelling, best story , best sidequests... How..how..h?

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Game is great, some little bugs are present but nothing big.
On my 3070 and ryzen it works with all ultra plus ultra rtx and dlss on auto in super smooth way both on 1080p or upscaled 1440p.
I heard that enabling borderless or windowed can help people with performance issues.

Yosharian

Arcane
How does it suck? What is a criteria for a valid build--finish the game, be the best possible build, or do all possible content in the game?

Should a build be OP at level 1, 5, 10, 20, etc? How long before it's considered 'online'?

I'm not trying to pull a Josh Sawyer and demand complete balance. On a fundamental mechanic level, stealth gunplay sucks. You shoot a dude in the head with a silenced pistol and it takes away like 20% of his health and everyone in the entire area then immediately knows where you are and you're in all-out combat. And that's without mentioning the missions that drop you into combat immediately and have huge bosses aware that you're coming. None of that is about effectiveness at all, it's about basic mechanics not working with the playstyle.

If you stealth only works properly... as in completing a mission stealthily... when you hack and use melee, then you shouldn't offer other stealth build options that frankly don't allow for stealth.
Skill up said that later on once you up your skills, you can one shot guys easily from Stealth...

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sidequests in the game so far remind me more of Mass Effect: Andromeda than they do The Witcher 3. Much like MEA, they generally start by you talking to an NPC or getting a message asking you to go shoot up a place, scan some stuff, or steal something, then report back to the NPC or just get a message saying "good job."

At least in TW3 you'd get to talk to various NPCs, make a choice or two, and there'd be a few cutscenes that'd actually give the sidequest some amount of story. With 2077 most of the non-story missions feel like the typical Ubisoft open-world missions, just *maybe* with a little extra dialogue.
They jumped the shark negro its the new bethesda, even gta 3 had driving ai but they couldnt do it for this gaem :hahano:
I am kind of curious about how the first 2 games looked and played. Still this is what you get when you offsource your optimization to a third world studio like Digital Scapes.

old from 2018
CD Projekt RED establishes long-term partnership with Digital Scapes Studios on Cyberpunk 2077
Studio to help create and optimize technological solutions for the game.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

Skill up said that later on once you up your skills, you can one shot guys easily from Stealth...

One of COLD BLOOD skills ads 50% more dmg to the headshots.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Noticed all my friends playing Cyberpunk on Steam has the "zzzz" next to their name. Is there so much cutscenes or something that Steam logs you afk?

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
having had much more time to play this game, it sure feels weird that they took this long to make what is effectively a ubisoft game.
Even Ubisoft struggled at making a Ubisoft GTA. Watch Dogs was as much of a disaster as Cyberpunk is a generation ago. Its just a substantially more complex kind of game, and they really werent up to it.

Ubisoft has gotten better. The latest WD is still a bit buggy but nothing compared to Cyberpunk. Ubisoft has been pumping out slightly buggy but functional open world games pretty much nonstop since 2007 at this point.

I just don't get it, bros. This didn't need to be so hard.

They could literally do VTMB-style and it's all we'd need. This game is a buggy mess. I'm sure the DLC will be free but holy fuck it does at times feel a bit of a ripoff. The prologues are a joke. I'm not saying you need to be on the level of Dragon Age: Origins but christ almighty..

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
One thing is true, the lifepaths should be longer than what they are. They should make you play more quests in each career, making you experience what is like to rok for corporations, or surviving in the city streets, or what is like to live in nomad families, before changing the protagonists life.

I mean, it still better than the absolute nonsense of Fallout 2, where the bio in predefined character sheets made no difference whatsoever, but certainly Dragon Age Origins did it better.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
They could literally do VTMB-style and it's all we'd need. This game is a buggy mess. I'm sure the DLC will be free but holy fuck it does at times feel a bit of a ripoff. The prologues are a joke. I'm not saying you need to be on the level of Dragon Age: Origins but christ almighty..

I only played one prologue and I was like, "Wow, that was a massively involved prologue!" I didn't realize that they basically all made you save the same girl.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom