Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Apparently after you get the Canto cyberdeck or Erebus SMG and you do quests, there are new lines of dialogue from whatever AI speaks through them in various side quests. Alt also has new lines as well, calling the AI you got a weapon for you but a back door for them. Plus there's new lines about the Peralez quests as well as the Maelstrom secret meeting etc.
As for the last 2 they don't know if those are random or quest related.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Apparently after you get the Canto cyberdeck or Erebus SMG and you do quests, there are new lines of dialogue from whatever AI speaks through them in various side quests. Alt also has new lines as well, calling the AI you got a weapon for you but a back door for them. Plus there's new lines about the Peralez quests as well as the Maelstrom secret meeting etc.
Sequel will be about AI and blackwall.

Gargaune

Arcane
Btw, if anyone's dead set on getting a gloomy, perpetually-raining Bladerunner vibe out of the game, this combination is the best I've seen (it's a LUT plus a volumetric fog and weather tweak).
af8DduJ.jpeg
4Hwctk1.jpeg

There's something screwy here, 9AM and PM are very similar except for the neons. But the lights are on in both, they're just getting processed entirely different.

Anyway, for anyone wondering, it's the GITS 2.0 mod.

Gargaune

Arcane
Something I'm not sure got mentioned in this thread - my Cyberpunk page on GOG has, under Extras, a Cyberpunk 2077 Legacy 1.63 download. So I'm happy that CD Projekt handled this correctly, in as much as there was a lot of concern over the "updated system requirements", though I'm not sure why they didn't just tell people "yeah, we'll leave a download for the old one, chill."

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Sequel will be about AI and blackwall.

Boring as fuck

Gargaune

Arcane
What an absolute goatfuck. Wasted hours installing the game three times, once because doing it over my old (de-modded!) 1.6 screwed up the UI - fair enough, I'm used to it by now - and twice clean because of some stupid bug with the second PRESS SPACE screen not reacting when I pressed fucking SPACE! I modded my way around it, but I'm seriously getting tired of CDPR's shit by now.

Anyway, I then moved on to the regularly scheduled goatfuck of updating my mod list, got most of them it seems, and I'm at least gratified that CDPR did not give my cyberwaifu a bad haircut, that still works. I've still gotta re-do my setup and mod configs (manually, Limited HUD's waiting on Mod Settings and Input Loader, for starters) so got a bit more before I can actually play.

On the (literally) bright side, I did have a chance to turn on Path Tracing and I think I might actually be able to make it work with DLSS and maybe no Frame Generation. The advantages of using an antiquated resolution, I'll have to play around a bit to decide whether PT is worth sacrificing a crisp native resolution or not. Ray Reconstruction is the opposite of an improvement for me though, getting horrible ghosting off it.

P.S. Did movement speed get a nerf? Haven't gotten to respec or anything, but V's default move speed's about as fast as I walk.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
P.S. Did movement speed get a nerf? Haven't gotten to respec or anything, but V's default move speed's about as fast as I walk.

Sometimes V gets stuck slow walking and you have to basically force out of it by sprinting and then walking again. I have no idea why it happens, because I'm certain I'm not hitting the slow walk toggle.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine

>comment section filled with bots
Really makes you think.

Bot comments according to codextards.

So when are you getting your stock market value back to pre-release levels?

It's official. Phantom liberty is truly is waste of money and time. Thx cdpr, i will never pre-order from you ever again

How much did they pay for 10/10 review?

farewell cdp gREeD.

Why does every modern gayme have to have a black person as the good guy and the evil whiiiteman as the bad guy? They want to exterminate the YTs

Im still waiting for the pre-order crap. You c*nts are fkd!

Yeah, sure, preem... 2.0 sucks, bought the phantom liberty dlc but haven't played it. Still running 1.63.

yo fix your FUCKING GAME PLEASE....... AFTER your 2.01 update I can't even open your game at all and I just bought your phantom liberty pack too....... please I just need a good game to play.

Should've been free or discounted for existing owners of 2077 as an apology for launch. Fixing the problems they created and some free cosmetics doesn't make up for destroying the trust of the entire gaming industry. Totally unacceptable the way this game has been handled.

Wow they made a finished game 3 years after charging everyone 60 dollars, pat yourselves on the back boys!

buggy game

cant get past i know that face mission regardless of new save or old, i also cant quick hack...... both times i buy a broken product on day 1

Still a shite game.

aint no one buying your game

i got scammed by this game at launch...now i'm gonna pirate the DLC
emoji_u1f60a.png

Bot filled comment section. As always.

Ha-ha-ha! A trailer with media ratings, this is something new. CDPR let your PR manager be checked by a doctor.

so this kompany is keep spending 1/3 or even 2/3 their budget on adverstising huh>? so pathetic

So its not a cyberprank anymore?

"runs surprisingly well"

Last edited:
2.1 is giving people random achievements, including ending-related. Spoiler-free sisters on suicide watch

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1091500/discussions/7/3875968032475483967/

I think it's related to the PL cheevos being bugged and having to be fixed.

https://www.ign.com/wikis/cyberpunk-2077/Cyberpunk_2077_Update_2.1_Patch_Notes

• Players unable to get achievements due to an issue that prevented Phantom Liberty achievements from unlocking on PC before a backend fix implemented on the day of the release will have them retroactively unlocked after loading a save from that playthrough.

I also see at least one poor streamer got DMCA for daring to listen to a radio.

• The song History by Gazelle Twin and Trash Generation will now be disabled when the * "Disable Copyrighted Music" option is turned on.

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
2.1 is giving people random achievements, including ending-related. Spoiler-free sisters on suicide watch

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1091500/discussions/7/3875968032475483967/

I think it's related to the PL cheevos being bugged and having to be fixed.

https://www.ign.com/wikis/cyberpunk-2077/Cyberpunk_2077_Update_2.1_Patch_Notes

• Players unable to get achievements due to an issue that prevented Phantom Liberty achievements from unlocking on PC before a backend fix implemented on the day of the release will have them retroactively unlocked after loading a save from that playthrough.

I also see at least one poor streamer got DMCA for daring to listen to a radio.

• The song History by Gazelle Twin and Trash Generation will now be disabled when the * "Disable Copyrighted Music" option is turned on.

It gave me a weird achievement, 'giving johnny my body' - I sure as fuck did not.

Mini review for Phantom Liberty - still haven't finished it, dunno if I'm halfway through, though I'm doing most of the gigs - big ass picture alarm.

Holy shit is this the buggiest I've ever had Cyberpunk be. Lots of weird loads. T poses, doors not texturing right, my clock has stopped. It's bad. I've played Cyberpunk for two years now, this is up there.

xxHWtYo.png

The new zone is also...weird? Like I didn't follow most of the older tabletop stuff, but isn't a combat zone supposed to be...a lot more chaotic and bloody? Instead it's mostly peaceful, mostly hiding those who ran from Night City, it's under a rogue general, I can walk around it no problem. Sure there were like three mass killers I dealt with, but this was...not what I was expecting. I don't mind if the gangs had safe zones they have shops and whatever in, but this doesn't feel like a combat zone. It just feels like...more of night city. More damaged sure, but far from a free-for-all and chaos.

vJsqJ66.png

Story stuff has become predictable as day. Gigs: always be ready to kill someone at the end. I just smash their faces in before they even talk, because what's going to change? zilch. The story turns from Escape from NY (which, I feel, the whole DLC should had been more of, dealing with gangs, tracking the ever elusive and on-the-run president, then trying to find a way out of dogtown) to some weird spy-redemption arc.

I love Idris Elba, but as a 'rpg' or 'choices', maybe I'm missing major things that might fuck me over by the ending, but I'm not seeing much 'choice', like always. I took the oath just for the hell of it because come what may, nothing's going to change if I stay by it or not. Look at the pic up above. Slider, cool ass dude. I cracked the ice with him. He's interesting for having a whole new way of approaching the net compared to other VDBs. Well, forget that itty bitty of worldbuilding and nuance, cause he dies no matter what. Doesn't matter after. As someone who doesn't immediately reeee when they see VDBs, that's disappointing.

kMDq9FV.png

Anyway, we'll see how it goes and there's some more side stuff in it like the car stealing stuff, the police revamp, but it still falls short in a lot of areas I would had thought CDPR would had long since integrated to make the world at least attempt to shuffle about, mimicking the appearance of life like a zombie, than a wax effigy of what a living world game could be.

It gave me a weird achievement, 'giving johnny my body' - I sure as fuck did not.
Temperance ending.

Out of curiosity, was that the only one?

edit: actually, a few questions since I'm noticing a pattern with this bug:

- Did you also get the Rough Landing achievement, or did you already have it?
- Did you get the new Quake skill?
- Did you use it to kill or incapacitate two enemies?

Last edited:

Gargaune

Arcane
What an absolute goatfuck. Wasted hours installing the game three times,
How did you manage to do that? There is a simple procedure for erasing the game data after uninstall:

https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...cal/issue/2233/how-do-i-clean-install-my-game
Yes, I know how to do a clean install, but it takes 30-45 minutes a pop for the setup wizard to complete. Plus testing in between. The first one, installing over the existing game, I wasn't that surprised didn't work (it should've, but whatever), but the second time I ran into this stupid bug and didn't know what was up - you've got TWO pointless PRESS SPACE screens on start, the first works, the other keeps ignoring input. Thought something might've fucked up with the install.

Gargaune

Arcane
Sometimes V gets stuck slow walking and you have to basically force out of it by sprinting and then walking again. I have no idea why it happens, because I'm certain I'm not hitting the slow walk toggle.
It ain't that, I checked, but maybe I just forgot what the default "run" speed is in the game after playing with high-level gear and stuff.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Looking for chill tunes to work, drive, study or just vibe to? Check out "Tapes of Night City", an album containing chill and lo-fi remixes of your favorite tunes from Cyberpunk 2077 and Phantom Liberty prepared by Jacek Paciorkowski.

The album is also available on streaming platforms: https://e-muzyka.ffm.to/tapesofnightcity

Order of tracks:
1. P.T. Adamczyk, Ben Cura - Scooter's Song Remix
2. P.T. Adamczyk - Shamans of Chrome Remix
3. Namakopuri - Ponpon Shit Remix
4. P.T. Adamczyk, Damian Ukeje - Kerry's Song Remix
5. Jacek Paciorkowski - Aguilar Theme Remix
6. P.T. Adamczyk, Sora Lion - Hardest to Be Remix
7. Marcin Przybyłowicz, Alpha Takahashi - Kojo no Tsuki Remix
8. P.T. Adamczyk - Escape Remix
9. P.T. Adamczyk - Reed Thing To Do Remix (feat. DJ URE)
10. P.T. Adamczyk, Olga Jankowska - Never Fade Away Remix

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
After extensive, ahem, testing of several big tiddy mods the committee has come to the decision that, for all the charms that some of the other mods have, Push-Up - Enhanced Big Breasts Body Mod (EBBP) is the best of them. It handily replaces and improves on the original classic EBB, with toggle heels and breasts that hang naturally when unclothed, but push up to give a tremendous cleavage when clothed (don't stare into the Abyss, or it will stare back at you :) ). It has a bigger butt variant and there are links there to two required refits (vanilla and PL), and to other outfits made being converted for the body. A fair few have already been converted, and the best all-round collection is probably this one.

Heads up: it incorporates a different "unique V" mod from the UV framework, called VTK, so stuffs for one will be incompatible with the other.

This concludes the official dress-up announcement for the game :)

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Just started the PL stuff itself. The "climbing on oddly-positioned-but-strategically-placed objects to get somewhere" beginning thing feels very old school - feels like I'm playing Half Life lol

Sadly, Dogtown runs like dogshit on my comp. I've been living with a compromise of about 50-odd fps in the main game, with a bit of tweaking, but I'm dropping to like 30-odd in places here. Not quite a slideshow but getting into that territory at times.

*sigh* Really must upgrade :(

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Netwatch deathsquad proved to be a bunch of pussies. When they assaulted me in the street I stopped time with Sandy and quickly murdered their asses. Then I stole their car and took it for a few gigs around town.

MaxTac on the other hand... each of these guys is like a separate boss and they come for you in groups, dropping from the sky. Yesterday I managed to make such a massacre I finally reached 5 stars and MaxTac was deployed against me. I greeted their AV with two missiles inside the passanger compartment but they were barely moved. After a long shootout finally I was forced to run to fight another day. I was almost out of ammo and they kept on coming.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Netwatch deathsquad proved to be a bunch of pussies.
They're feeling the effects of the nerfing CDPR have done to pure netrunner builds :)

Eh, it's still crazy powerful if you lean into it. Then again, so is everything else. :lol:

Once you get anything rolling it's like a cyberpunk power fantasy.

Ok, I'll stop
1697249905800.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom