Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Netwatch deathsquad proved to be a bunch of pussies.
They're feeling the effects of the nerfing CDPR have done to pure netrunner builds :)

Eh, it's still crazy powerful if you lean into it. Then again, so is everything else. :lol:

Once you get anything rolling it's like a cyberpunk power fantasy.

Ok, I'll stop View attachment 42061

I do think it's just as powerful if you lean into the hybridization and blood magey stuff. But ye olde netrunning style of hunkering down somewhere safe and just decimating a crew of gangoons, that felt so godly in days past, is gone.

Obviously CDPR felt that "the playstyle should be more active" and they'd succeeded in doing that - I'm thoroughly enjoying my SMG-toting "all action netrunner." But it's not exactly lore-fitting, and it's kind of giving up on the specialness of netrunning. I've seen several conversations where people are complaining about the loss of their old beloved playstyle, and others are incredulous that they could have enjoyed such a passive playstyle. But that's how it is, some people can easily get into a playstyle where you hardly use your twitch power in a game at all.

(Which actually makes me wonder if this "activization" of netrunner has more to do with them wanting to test and introduce PvP at some point: if a game's just single player, then the fact that some people like hanging back and decimating half the map shouldn't be a problem, right? But in a PvP game that would of course be disastrous, because everyone would flock to that playstyle.)

I keep thinking that them getting rid of the "breaching a network" idea to a large extent was a mistake - so a way they could fix it and bring back some of that old netrunner glory would be to bring back breaching, to have to invest more into breaching, and be do more things with it (equivalent to the monowire and SMG synergies), and you don't necessarily have to Overclock (or you can, but since if you're hiding you're not being attacked, then it has to be a less powerful mechanic in those circumstances.

Or maybe you could just simply have it as an alternative to Overclock on some decks.

(Btw someone's made a mod tweaking the Netwatch deck to be more powerful and more in line with the old idea of the netrunner being a godly figure, not an action figure.)

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Btw, if anyone's dead set on getting a gloomy, perpetually-raining Bladerunner vibe out of the game, this combination is the best I've seen (it's a LUT plus a volumetric fog and weather tweak).
af8DduJ.jpeg
4Hwctk1.jpeg

There's something screwy here, 9AM and PM are very similar except for the neons. But the lights are on in both, they're just getting processed entirely different.

Anyway, for anyone wondering, it's the GITS 2.0 mod.

It's the GITS 2.0 LUT but with another light/weather tweaking mod.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Game about corpos doing questionable things
Made by corpo doing questionable things

It was more complicated than that. They hired another actor to deliver the lines (so the delivery wasn't soulless) and then used the AI to emulate the voice of the dead guy.

Since they got permission from his family (and most likely reimbursed them) I don't think it's particularly questionable.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This looks promising, "Gangs of Night City":
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/7233

• After Joining a Gang, A couple things are going to happen. Your affinity across the board will be re-configured based on your gang choosing, So story based gained affinity through facts will be re-configured. Why? Treat Gangs of Night City as a "Different" way to go about being a merc or gang member in Night City, Derailing from all things story. You will then get Gang-inspired clothing pieces, not full sets. This works incredibly well with the new Wardrobe system and System-Ex. Rival Behavior will also be adjusted. A good example will be if you joined Maelstrom, Tygerclaws and scav faction members will never be friendly to you, Mainly passive against or straight up agro you on site.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Netwatch deathsquad proved to be a bunch of pussies. When they assaulted me in the street I stopped time with Sandy and quickly murdered their asses. Then I stole their car and took it for a few gigs around town.

MaxTac on the other hand... each of these guys is like a separate boss and they come for you in groups, dropping from the sky. Yesterday I managed to make such a massacre I finally reached 5 stars and MaxTac was deployed against me. I greeted their AV with two missiles inside the passanger compartment but they were barely moved. After a long shootout finally I was forced to run to fight another day. I was almost out of ammo and they kept on coming.
my last moments with the game was endless maxtac. Body20 and tech(at least 15) helps a lot. It allows you to replenish stim packs quickly for auto bio monitor use.
Disable cyberware hack is a must too. Then I was throwing knives, so running out of ammo wasnt an issue. I mean its impossible to throw knives without disabling cyberware as you would never hit most hard enemies.
Jamming weapon helps against heavy gunner too. Hacking guy was not a problem as you can interrupt his proxy with a headshot.

And I mean endless as another tictac squad drops as soon as you take care of first. It can get tiring. Btw tictac arrives in dog town too, found it strange as I expected mechs instead or something.
Then there is an issue of dropping aggro. I was successful only when I jumped into the sea and swam for few min away from shore, then swam back.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
If you choose Reed's path in PL, after you finish the expansion and talk to the Alt at the end of the game she will say that Blackwall tried to take over V like they tried to take over So Mi, but they found out that current cybernetic tech doesn't cut the mustard for them. If you craft an iconic Blackwall item, Alt will comment that the rogue AI's plan to use it as a backdoor to our reality. This probably ties up with Mr. Blue Eyes and Night Corp experiments with merging humans and AI.

If you help Songbird escape to the moon, she will reveal that she contacted a third party to help her - said third party was Mr. Blue Eyes. She also uses Night Corp shuttle - which we know from hacking Sandra's Dorsett datashard - Night Corp uses to preform some twisted experiments in their moon base. Which in turn means that Mr. Blue Eyes helped her because her connection to blackwall, and no matter what you do to save her, she has a bleak future ahead of her.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Game about corpos doing questionable things
Made by corpo doing questionable things

It was more complicated than that. They hired another actor to deliver the lines (so the delivery wasn't soulless) and then used the AI to emulate the voice of the dead guy.

Since they got permission from his family (and most likely reimbursed them) I don't think it's particularly questionable.

There's actually a handful of mods on Nexus using AI in a way that it takes the cadence and nuance from the original voice actors and overlays the timbre and sound of another person. There's an Ariana Grande one, a Ryan Gosling one and a few others.

I've tried them out of curiosity - they're still a bit uncanny for the most part, but surprisingly good in places. They can't quite handle the really subtle nuances of the original acting, like the voice cracking a bit with emotion and that sort of thing, but so long as the original delivery is fairly straight, they do pretty well.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
This looks promising, "Gangs of Night City":
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/7233

• After Joining a Gang, A couple things are going to happen. Your affinity across the board will be re-configured based on your gang choosing, So story based gained affinity through facts will be re-configured. Why? Treat Gangs of Night City as a "Different" way to go about being a merc or gang member in Night City, Derailing from all things story. You will then get Gang-inspired clothing pieces, not full sets. This works incredibly well with the new Wardrobe system and System-Ex. Rival Behavior will also be adjusted. A good example will be if you joined Maelstrom, Tygerclaws and scav faction members will never be friendly to you, Mainly passive against or straight up agro you on site.

Yeah this guy's been plugging away with his Cyberscript for several years, through all the changes in updates. When I tried it in 1.61 it worked pretty well, but the downside was that it didn't play with some other mods that I liked at the time, so I didn't use it. There were also a few other "new quest" mods based on Cyberscript around at the time.

I wonder if the advent of Wolvenkit makes all his efforts redundant, poor bastard? (There's also another guy, Deceptious, who's been doing new quests (at the moment, just little addons to the romances, etc.))

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
It gave me a weird achievement, 'giving johnny my body' - I sure as fuck did not.
Temperance ending.

Out of curiosity, was that the only one?

edit: actually, a few questions since I'm noticing a pattern with this bug:

- Did you also get the Rough Landing achievement, or did you already have it?
- Did you get the new Quake skill?
- Did you use it to kill or incapacitate two enemies?

I did not do Temperance. I did Arasaka, Suicide, Attack with Rogue and Attack with Nomads.

I did get the Rough Landing Achievement that same day. Same with Two Heads, One Bullet, no idea about Quake.

Quake is the second skill on the third column of the Body tree that lets you perform the rough landing move, it has the little video with V attacking with a hammer. I'm noticing that everyone reporting this achievement bug gets a bunch of random cheevos but everyone gets Rough Landing among them, and 2.0 changed how the skill in question is activated (used to be a Berserk passive from falling from a certain height, now it's a Body skill that has to be activated). This might have fucked up something since it's achievement related.

Already reported it to CDPR, hopefully they see it among the ocean of "game doesnt work" reports

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I wonder if the advent of Wolvenkit makes all his efforts redundant, poor bastard?
How do you mean?

Well can't you make quests with Wolvenkit? As I underestand the situation, it wasn't ready for CP2077 till quite late in the day, and by that time people had been trying workarounds and inventing things like Cyberscript, but I should think that it now makes all those efforts redundant.

In other news, re. PL, thoroughly enjoyed the introductory pell-mell romp up to the Chimera, things just kept escalating and getting worse. Good times.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Quake is the second skill on the third column of the Body tree that lets you perform the rough landing move, it has the little video with V attacking with a hammer. I'm noticing that everyone reporting this achievement bug gets a bunch of random cheevos but everyone gets Rough Landing among them, and 2.0 changed how the skill in question is activated (used to be a Berserk passive from falling from a certain height, now it's a Body skill that has to be activated). This might have fucked up something since it's achievement related.

Already reported it to CDPR, hopefully they see it among the ocean of "game doesnt work" reports

Not sure, any character I had that was new didn't trigger any achievements other than what I was doing at the time. When I loaded up my original game completion save, I had a bunch of achievements pop where I'm not sure if I did them on the original playthrough or not. It's a pretty completionist save and I remember thinking that some things hadn't popped when I did them, so it's quite possible they're all things I had done.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think my favourite parts of this game are that you can be "sneaky" and just totally dismember a guy so that all that's left is like a limbless, decapitated torso and even then it may be missing like half of that, so basically just this bloody lump that may not even be the largest part of whatever's left of the guy. But if you pick it up and drop it in a bin, suddenly there's no sign of your foul play, despite having basically blendered a guy and shot bits of him around a 3 block radius of blood purée and cyberjunk.

I'm not saying this is the only game that does this, but the presentation really cracks me up here. Someone send a guy with a bucket and mop to clean up Fred who just got ginsued at the speed of sound by a chromed up street weeab.

Edited in some missing words.

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I think my favourite parts of this game are that you can be "sneaky" and just totally dismember a guy so that all that's left is like a limbless, decapitated torso and even then it may be missing like half of that, so basically just this bloody lump that may not even be the largest part of whatever's left of the guy. But if you pick it up and drop it in a bin, suddenly there's no sign of your foul play, despite having basically blendered a guy and shot bits of him around a 3 block radius of blood purée and cyberjunk.

I'm not saying this is the only game that does this, but the presentation really cracks me up here. Someone send a guy with a bucket and mop to clean up Fred who just got ginsued at the speed of sound by a chromed up street weeab.

Edited in some missing words.

As with many modern games that have explicit gore, I sometimes wonder whether all this hyper-violence in videogames is inuring me to violence in real life.

Then I think, "Nah, it'll be fine." :)

MasPingon

Arcane
Phantom Liberty team must be different then the one who worked on CP2077, you can feel it with every line of dialog. It's like Fallout3 -> F:NV - same IP and engine, totally different game. It's interesting that most critique of DLC comes from fanboys of the main game in it's terrible state. It seems CDPR now got two communities - one care for romance, "immershun" and cinematic experience(Bioware and Betesda dropoffs) and the other want a good video game, with neat writing and quest design, satisfying gameplay and clever mechanics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom