Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

I'm still playing gorilla arms caveman but from what I've read netrunner style was changed to rely on comboing quickhacks to refund RAM which most people seem to agree is more engaging because the hacks are more expensive but you're working for them instead of waiting for cooldowns. Not sure if it's stronger than caveman at higher levels.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Pacing the story through levels is a good idea, but not when the game opens up with "You're dead. Go have fun!". If the story was reframed from a desperate, time sensitive struggle for a cure, to a slower paced investigation of what the consequences of the Heist actually mean for the player character, you'd have the opportunity to slow the events enough for all the side content to feel like a natural part of everyday existence for V, and not a massive waste of time that Johnny rightfully points out as being really dumb on several occasions.

Well that's why I'm saying the story (in the sense of all the questage that opens up after the Taki conversation in the diner) shouldn't even start till you're level 30 or something (see my post above). I've always left Taki hanging asynchronously in the diner for ages while I do a bunch of stuff, and it's always felt natural to me to have the Taki conversation in the diner after doing a bunch of stuff (thereby filling out, say, the first chunk of your "a few weeks tops"). All that needs to be shuffled is the notification to meet him.

And see my comment to Moon Knight below: in a sense, it would be quite natural for a merc to merc, to go to something familiar, after such a shock. He "officially" has no idea where to even start looking for a solution, after all, until the Taki diner conversation opens up those options. But you could start the line of quests via Judy, and the first request for info re. Hellman from Rogue, off your own bat, before meeting Taki, those would be natural places for a merc thinking like a merc to start anyway.

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
2) Then you could delay the Taki call to meet in the caf till you're like lvl 30 or something, so you've had a chance to explore the rest of the city in your "a few weeks, tops" that Victor gives you after the Heist.

I think having Takemura calling you for a meeting right after the heist makes sense from a pacing perspective. Maybe the infiltration in the Arasaka facilty could be delayed...but doing it at lower levels without much cyberware is more difficult and rewarding. I remember the first time I did it, with little cyberware and trying to be a ghost, not killing anyone and not being seen. Getting out from the rooftop and driving home under the rain gave me a good feeling of accomplishment.
The parade, that one should be delayed

I was thinking about that. I'm not sure how long you've theoretically been "out of it" from the time of the Heist till the time you're back into the game proper, but the way Taki talks about, e.g., him having already tried to look for Evelyn, Hellman disappearing from Arasaka, etc., the vague sense of time having passed in Taki's conversation in the diner could serve double duty for that "out of it" period PLUS whatever time you decide to spend pootling about in NC to get to around lvl 30 (after having the Relic, gotten the bad news from Vic, and having gotten back into the game proper).

Or to put it another way, there's nothing in the Taki diner conversation that I recall, that necessarily puts the time of that conversation as immediately after you've woken up in your apartment to the game proper. It's always felt to me that you're kind of at a loose end at that point, and the natural thing for a merc is to merc to put his mind off the impending doom. You might actually be able to start some of the Evelyn quest and the Rogue quest without the cue from Taki, so that you're vaguely starting to look for a solution for yourself (although that would require nixing some of the Taki conversation). For example, there's room for a delay after you call Mr. Hands to ask him to get an in with the Voodoo Boys for you, so you could have started that line of quests, up to rescuing Evelyn and getting the Voodoo boys info from the BDs, quite before you meet Taki in the diner.

I agree with your point that there needs to be some delays for NPC quests too. One often feels there's too much of a jumble of things coming at you at once. It was even more terrible in the game originally, when you had all those stupid calls about cars from fixers :)

Last edited:
Storywise Takemura and V have a good reason to meet as soon as possible because the Takemura is hiding from Arasaka and V has him as his only somewhat friendly connection to the relic and no other clues at that point other than Evelyn, who ran away. It would make more sense to stretch the part after that, since Takemura himself says he'll try to come up with a proper plan now that he knows V wants to cooperate.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Storywise Takemura and V have a good reason to meet as soon as possible because the Takemura is hiding from Arasaka and V has him as his only somewhat friendly connection to the relic and no other clues at that point other than Evelyn, who ran away. It would make more sense to stretch the part after that, since Takemura himself says he'll try to come up with a proper plan now that he knows V wants to cooperate.

So essentially, you could stretch out a delay (according to some level attained, I dunno, somewhere between 20 and 30) for the next meetup with Taki (the waterfront) PLUS the call back from Mr. Hands re. him having arranged a meetup with the Voodoo Boys, PLUS the call back from Rogue re. info. re. Hellman. Those are all points where a level-gated delay would feel natural because they've said they will get back to you about something.

That might be even easier to do, yes, good point!

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
I’m level 19 now and the bullet-sponginess seems to improve due to getting better hacks, gear and talents.

I do enjoy getting shredded within a few seconds if I goof and don’t take cover on VH tho, doesn’t seem like that changes much so it starts to even out. Haven’t invested in any damage resistance stuff tho and got no defensive gear

You are playing a hacker?

If you do keep me posted if the netrunning nerf left them unusable or if it is good/decent, I remember my first playthrough I made a stealth/hacker character and I could take on a lot of enemies without them even noticing me from cameras etc.

It was pretty broken I will admit that but some missions didn't let you do that.

I agree on a nerf but only if they made the playstyle more engaging somehow.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Or to put it another way, there's nothing in the Taki diner conversation that I recall, that necessarily puts the time of that conversation as immediately after you've woken up in your apartment to the game proper.

There's Silverhand. His dialogues is written for that to be the first interaction with V after the "incident" at night. You would need to remove Silverhand for all the sidequests and then make it so that he is "reactivated" once you trigger the Taki diner...I don't think it can be done

ind33d

Educated
Someone should make a Gold as XP mod for 2077. I think if you removed experience points and just made upgrades cost Eddies the game would be much better. You have no money sinks besides collecting rare cars

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Someone should make a Gold as XP mod for 2077. I think if you removed experience points and just made upgrades cost Eddies the game would be much better. You have no money sinks besides collecting rare cars
Eh, you could legitimately make the game have no progression XP-wise at all and have everything be cyber, e.g. armour, hp, etc. and have it be fitting for the genre. Something like one of those Oblivion mega overhauls (OOO, et al) because people hated the level scaling so much.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Yes the internet has lots of shit on it. That doesn't mean:

A) You should watch or engage with it
B) Share it with us.
Are you offended? Any PTSD yet? Anyway, I summarized the video so pristine peachy schoolgirls like you don't have to sully themselves watching it.

It's funny how your account name was meant to satire Mike Laidlaw talking about the drooling retard gamer demographic.. but like.. it was literally you he was talking about.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I’m level 19 now and the bullet-sponginess seems to improve due to getting better hacks, gear and talents.

I do enjoy getting shredded within a few seconds if I goof and don’t take cover on VH tho, doesn’t seem like that changes much so it starts to even out. Haven’t invested in any damage resistance stuff tho and got no defensive gear

You are playing a hacker?

If you do keep me posted if the netrunning nerf left them unusable or if it is good/decent, I remember my first playthrough I made a stealth/hacker character and I could take on a lot of enemies without them even noticing me from cameras etc.

It was pretty broken I will admit that but some missions didn't let you do that.

I agree on a nerf but only if they made the playstyle more engaging somehow.
yes and I just killed a whole base with hacks and overloading gastanks without them finding me

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Collect appartements. With all the real estate you can buy in this game V can start his own corporation at the end.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes the internet has lots of shit on it. That doesn't mean:

A) You should watch or engage with it
B) Share it with us.
Are you offended? Any PTSD yet? Anyway, I summarized the video so pristine peachy schoolgirls like you don't have to sully themselves watching it.

It's funny how your account name was meant to satire Mike Laidlaw talking about the drooling retard gamer demographic.. but like.. it was literally you he was talking about.
You want to keep going with this? Ok.
1. You are clueless about the video's information value.
2. Clueless about me.
3. Clueless about who the guy in the Button-Awesome video is. It was not Mike Laidlaw, it's this guy (https://cnc-central.fandom.com/wiki/David_S._Silverman).
4. All this is well and fine, but you also insist on acting a pretentious cunt who is "bothered" to see clickbait youtubers' videos in his monocled thread about monocled Cyberpunk (lol), while coming from the even more monocled Starfield (lol x2).

The end result is you are coming off as a complete fool. And that's nobody's fault but yours.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Or to put it another way, there's nothing in the Taki diner conversation that I recall, that necessarily puts the time of that conversation as immediately after you've woken up in your apartment to the game proper.

There's Silverhand. His dialogues is written for that to be the first interaction with V after the "incident" at night. You would need to remove Silverhand for all the sidequests and then make it so that he is "reactivated" once you trigger the Taki diner...I don't think it can be done

I'm trying to think ... there's the first Johnny interaction at night, just before you wake up into the game proper, that's fine. If you go to pick up your car from the garage when the Delamain cab wrecks it, there's a small interaction there. The next major interaction is immediately after the Taki diner conversation, still in the diner, when Johnny sits on the table in front of you and he's a bit more friendly and you start to banter a bit (or just tell him to fuck off depending on your rp). That's an important one, and it wouldn't make sense to have that later, you're right - he refers to the topics Taki's just outlined.

I'm thinking that Clockwork Knight's suggestion above is better, of making the delay after the diner convo with Taki and Johnny, so that you have a level-gated delay for the next time Taki calls you back (for the waterfront meetup). The way that the diner convo ends with Taki, it does leave the timing very open.

The Judy/Evelyn and Rogue/Hellman questlines also have natural "don't call us we'll call you" moments - from both Mr. Hands (who's going to arrange the Voodoo boys meetup) and from Rogue (who's going to find out about Hellman). So those return calls could be delayed as well, to roughly around the same hypothetically later, level-gated time as Taki calls you for the waterfront meetup.

Thinking about an appropriate level, you can usually get to around lvl 15-17 just by clearing Watson (doing the Watson chunk of Regina Jones' quests, plus all the little quests and police gigs in Northside and Kabuki) before the Heist, you're probably going to get a couple of levels from the Heist, so let's say you're around 18-20 by the time of the Taki/Johnny diner convo. You probably wouldn't want to delay getting further into the main quests (after return calls from Taki, Mr. Hands and Rogue) much beyond 30, maybe a bit less, say 27.

So yeah, that's two biggish delays that could be introduced. First with Jackie (splitting the car/Vic portions of the noodle bar convo from the Dex portion and having that later (as an audio call that Jackie's found a gig and you've got to meet up with Dex outside Gramsci's Burgers). That gives the player room to breathe to do Watson and Kabuki, up to lvl 15 say (then do the Heist). Then later, another biggish delay while you wait for calls back from Taki, Mr. Hands and Rogue, roundabout lvl 25-30.

Last edited:

Moink

Cipher
https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/49231/patch-2-01

Phantom Liberty-specific
  • Balls to the Wall
    - When talking to Paco, repeating the blue dialogue option from the Corpo lifepath will no longer block progress.
  • Dog Eat Dog
    - Fixed an issue where it was possible to earn multiple Relic points by triggering the first meeting with Songbird more than once.
  • Firestarter - Fixed an issue that could cause V to get stuck in the wall or roof after performing a Finisher on Kurt Hansen.
  • Moving Heat
    • Fixed an issue that could cause all traffic to disappear after completing the quest.
    • Fixed an issue where triggering combat in the garage in specific scenarios could cause various disruptions to quest flow.
  • New Person, Same Old Mistakes
    - Fixed an issue where the gate to Bill's hot dog stand was closed.
  • Somewhat Damaged
    • Fixed an issue preventing the player from scanning the Neural Network system.
    • Various fixes for devices in the bunker.
  • The Killing Moon
    - Fixed an issue that caused the doors leading to the shuttle to not open.
  • You Know My Name
    • Fixed an issue where V could remain connected to the sniper nest, blocking quest progress, after repeatedly switching cameras at the end of the sequence.
    • Reed will now wear his party outfit during the dialogue with Songbird.
  • Addressed an issue where some phone calls necessary to continue the main story began with a delay.
  • Various visual fixes for animations, lighting, scenes, VFX, and more.
  • Performance improvements for both PC and consoles, especially in the Dogtown area.

Quests & Open World
  • Automatic Love
    - The distortion effect caused by talking to Johnny and selecting a specific dialogue option at the end of the quest will no longer persist on the screen.
  • Ghost Town
    - Fixed an issue where the quest could get stuck on the "Defeat Nash and his people" objective if the game was saved during combat prior to Update 2.0.
  • Gig: Breaking News
    • Fixed an issue where Ted Fox's car didn't spawn.
    • Fixed an issue where the gig wouldn't trigger after approaching the quest area.
  • Gig: Going-Away Party
    - Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to get in the car with Flavio because it spawned underground.
  • Gig: The Lord Giveth and Taketh Away
    - Fixed an issue where the Militech SUV spawned underground.
  • Killing in the Name
    • Fixed an issue where leaving the quest unfinished could block clue scanning, preventing the player from progressing in many quests.
    • Fixed an issue where the Bartmoss Collective website wasn't visible in some cases.
  • Playing for Time
    - Fixed an issue where healing and radio icons disappeared from the HUD after the car chase with Takemura.
  • Space Oddity
    - Fixed an issue where the quest didn't activate if the location was approached prior to Update 2.0.
  • The Heist
    • Fixed an issue where Jackie wasn't present in front of the Afterlife.
    • Fixed an issue where, when riding the elevator to the 42nd floor with low FPS, V could fall through the floor and die.
  • The Prophet's Song
    - Fixed an issue where completing the quest could cause the police system to turn a blind eye to V's crimes.
  • The Ripperdoc
    - Fixed an issue where, if the player got into the driver's seat from the passenger seat, Jackie would return to the noodle stand and refuse to drive to the ripperdoc.
  • Fixed an issue where NCPD Scanner Hustles could remain uncompleted even after looting the necessary containers.
  • Fixed an issue where some Iconic weapons wouldn't appear on wall of the Stash in V's apartment.
  • Lowered the value of the Attribute check required to enter the area where the Thermal Katana can be looted.

Gameplay
  • Made it possible to properly switch to Arm cyberware by cycling through weapons.
  • Addressed an issue that could cause V to become invulnerable to all damage.
  • A wrecked NCPD cruiser without wheels won't be patrolling the streets of Night City anymore.
  • Fixed an issue where some obsolete mods in the Inventory and Stash weren't properly exchanged for a new weapon mod.
  • Fixed an issue where weapons obtained pre-Update 2.0 could have a Tier that's too high when compared to the player's level.
  • Removed various obsolete Crafting Specs.
  • Disassembling a Budget Arms Slaught-O-Matic will now give 1 crafting component.

PC-specific
  • Fixed an issue where the UI could show controller inputs when playing on keyboard and mouse.
  • Players unable to get achievements due to an issue that prevented Phantom Liberty achievements from unlocking on PC before a backend fix implemented on the day of the release will have them retroactively unlocked after loading a save from that playthrough.
  • Improved image quality of DLSS Ray Reconstruction in the Ultra Performance setting.

Miscellaneous
  • Various crash fixes.
  • Vehicle radio volume has been adjusted so it's no longer too quiet compared to other sounds in the game. If you've turned down the volume of other sounds in order to better hear the radio, you may want to re-adjust the volume before you continue playing.
  • Added sounds for the Basilisk that were missing.
  • Fixed an issue where the player could earn an infinite score in Trauma Drama by shooting at enemies dropping from a helicopter repeatedly.
  • Growl FM and Dark Star websites will now be visible when playing without Phantom Liberty.
  • Fixed an issue where disconnecting the internet didn't result in an error message being displayed in My Rewards and Cross Progression tabs.
  • The song History by Gazelle Twin and Trash Generation will now be disabled when the "Disable Copyrighted Music" option is turned on.
  • Fixed an issue where hair didn't cast shadows when Ray Tracing was enabled.
  • Players who pre-ordered Phantom Liberty but didn't get the Quadra Sport R-7 "Vigilante" will now receive it.
  • Several improvements and changes to Ukrainian localization, including fixes for lines where the translation lost its original meaning.

REDmod
  • Fixed an issue where tweak mods would not compile in REDmod.
  • Added Phantom Liberty support to REDmod.

Cadmus

Arcane
so guys I havent been following this game ata ll due to how bored I got with TW3.
Do you think it's worth playing now? Is it even more boring than TW3 due to how easy it is?

Zeriel

Arcane
so guys I havent been following this game ata ll due to how bored I got with TW3.
Do you think it's worth playing now? Is it even more boring than TW3 due to how easy it is?

It's impossible to answer without knowing your particular tastes. If you like shootan, it's pretty alright if you slog through the cinematic spam or avoid the main story for a hundred hours. On the other hand, if you are expecting another Witcher 3 or lots of C&C and RPG elements... it is not that kind of game.

Keep your expectations low and expect Far Cry: The Future and you might enjoy it, if that is the kind of game you can stomach. Or if you are so demented you actually enjoy the godawful story. Taste is really hard to predict. It could be a fantastic experience for you or a complete waste of money. The correct answer considering CDPR's "tradition" is to pirate the game and pay for it if you enjoyed yourself, I guess.

Cadmus

Arcane

It's impossible to answer without knowing your particular tastes. If you like shootan, it's pretty alright if you slog through the cinematic spam or avoid the main story for a hundred hours. On the other hand, if you are expecting another Witcher 3 or lots of C&C and RPG elements... it is not that kind of game.

Keep your expectations low and expect Far Cry: The Future and you might enjoy it, if that is the kind of game you can stomach. Or if you are so demented you actually enjoy the godawful story. Taste is really hard to predict. It could be a fantastic experience for you or a complete waste of money.
I want a real smooth shooter with RPG lite elements. It must be completely unlike Starfield in its mechanics, animations and everything else.
Like a sci fi GTA or sumtin

ind33d

Educated

I'm trying to think ... there's the first Johnny interaction at night, just before you wake up into the game proper, that's fine. If you go to pick up your car from the garage when the Delamain cab wrecks it, there's a small interaction there. The next major interaction is immediately after the Taki diner conversation, still in the diner, when Johnny sits on the table in front of you and he's a bit more friendly and you start to banter a bit (or just tell him to fuck off depending on your rp). That's an important one, and it wouldn't make sense to have that later, you're right - he refers to the topics Taki's just outlined.

I'm thinking that Clockwork Knight's suggestion above is better, of making the delay after the diner convo with Taki and Johnny, so that you have a level-gated delay for the next time Taki calls you back (for the waterfront meetup). The way that the diner convo ends with Taki, it does leave the timing very open.

The Judy/Evelyn and Rogue/Hellman questlines also have natural "don't call us we'll call you" moments - from both Mr. Hands (who's going to arrange the Voodoo boys meetup) and from Rogue (who's going to find out about Hellman). So those return calls could be delayed as well, to roughly around the same hypothetically later, level-gated time as Taki calls you for the waterfront meetup.

Thinking about an appropriate level, you can usually get to around lvl 15-17 just by clearing Watson (doing the Watson chunk of Regina Jones' quests, plus all the little quests and police gigs in Northside and Kabuki) before the Heist, you're probably going to get a couple of levels from the Heist, so let's say you're around 18-20 by the time of the Taki/Johnny diner convo. You probably wouldn't want to delay getting further into the main quests (after return calls from Taki, Mr. Hands and Rogue) much beyond 30, maybe a bit less, say 27.

So yeah, that's two biggish delays that could be introduced. First with Jackie (splitting the car/Vic portions of the noodle bar convo from the Dex portion and having that later (as an audio call that Jackie's found a gig and you've got to meet up with Dex outside Gramsci's Burgers). That gives the player room to breathe to do Watson and Kabuki, up to lvl 15 say (then do the Heist). Then later, another biggish delay while you wait for calls back from Taki, Mr. Hands and Rogue, roundabout lvl 25-30.
You don't have to touch the Johnny flags and scripting. Just delete the timeskip and add a few San Andreas-style gigs instead to pad out the first act. Have Jackie drive you to the location and rob a liquor store, shoot up a 7/11, steal a car, beat up an old lady, whatever. The important thing is that V is supposed to start the game by taking gigs for money but at the end he's using money to offer gigs to other people, ie the Arasaka raid. As-is, the character development makes no sense

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Are there even any must-have mods at the moment?
I just tried and I'm able to run the game and load a savegame with the following mods present:

Tools 01 Cyber Engine Tweaks 2.01-107-1-27-0-1696506424
Tools 03 Native Settings UI 1.95-3518-1-95-1695837277
Tools 10 Material and Texture Override (REDmod)-5266-1-2-1695948618
Gameplay 06 Simple XP Multiplier-3136-2-3-1695843647
Graphics 04 Weather Probability Rebalance-3196-2-6-1695680772
QoL 16 Game time tweaks - Longer nights-870-0-2-1617043010
QoL 20 No Intros
QoL 21 Simple Flashlight 2.5-2913-2-5-1696195369
QoL 23 Disable 2D And 3D Effects For UI And Disable Chrom Ab-2648-1-62-1682919962
QoL 28 Crouch vignette effect remover 2.0-535-2-0-1695922344
QoL 32 Stand Still Please-4714-2-0-0-1695326901

Moink

Cipher
Quick glance at the forums and it looks like CDPR have managed to break more stuff than they fixed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom