Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

agris

Arcane
Patron
Regardless, you can safely say less than 200k revenue generating units moved.

Flou

Arbiter
This is the most plausible and likely scenario - I seriously doubt Josh would want an EP position. The situation is far more likely, "I have an expensive director (who is worth that salary, that's not the point) and it would be convenient for someone else to pay for him (which is more the point)."

This occurred when hiring for Skyforge - Obsidian was happy to hire employees for Skyforge because the publisher was paying all the bills for them, for example. The problem becomes what do you do when Skyforge goes away.

Was Skyforge a big project for Obsidian? It kinda got washed away when AW got announced and no one mentioned that ever again.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I was under the impression that Skyforge was a small-team translation project (Russian->English).

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Sawyer didn't "latch on" to the game, he was latched onto it by Feargus Urquhart after he'd already said he was burned out and didn't want to work on a game for a while

My understanding of what he said was he didn't want to direct a game for a while. Puppet EP role sounds like the equivalent of a cushy desk job in comparison. I also recall Chris saying that Josh was told to back off from interfering with Outer Worlds as Design Director, but looks like he's up to no good already hahah.

Puteo

Learned
I also recall Chris saying that Josh was told to back off from interfering with Outer Worlds as Design Director, but looks like he's up to no good already hahah.

Is there a link? This sounds juicy

2house2fly

Magister
My understanding of what he said was he didn't want to direct a game for a while. Puppet EP role sounds like the equivalent of a cushy desk job in comparison. I also recall Chris saying that Josh was told to back off from interfering with Outer Worlds as Design Director, but looks like he's up to no good already hahah.
how odd that after being told to back off previously he's now getting yelled at for not being involved enough with it

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
100k is an extrapolation that assumes every unit sold at $50 price. Which it obviously didn't. The only number we really know is that revenue was ~4.4 million.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Oh my Chris time for me to tell you again what a laughable ass fag nigger you are.
Guess I paused for too long so that your brain decided to fart again on twitter.Your are one salty nigger.

8474739.jpg

2house2fly

Magister
I guess for some reason the owners' treatment of employees got worse over the past 6 months or so

Lhynn

Arcane
I guess for some reason the owners' treatment of employees got worse over the past 6 months or so
Their flagship IP going down in flames may or may not have had something to do with it.

Last edited:

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
how odd that after being told to back off previously he's now getting yelled at for not being involved enough with it

Well, if he is limited in being able to 'control' the design then he might be less enthusiastic about the work, which could lead to less enthusiasm to be involved

I also recall Chris saying that Josh was told to back off from interfering with Outer Worlds as Design Director, but looks like he's up to no good already hahah.

Is there a link? This sounds juicy

There is, it's in the May of Rage somewhere either in the article comments, or in the Appreciation Station thread, just search posts by Chris Avellone and you should find it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom